“Good not great” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #93 of 273 hotels in Las Vegas
Vancouver, Canada
“Good not great”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

This was my first experience in Las Vegas, so I don't have anything to compare to, but I will give a review based on a "first timer".

We arrived in the late evening, so check-in had no line-ups and was quick. The only snag (which actually really really upset me at the time) was that we booked a King room with Strip View - we paid the upgrade online for this type of room. we booked our stay 6 months prior....and we did not get a King room. They said it was "first come first served".....meaning, if we had check in in the morning then perhaps we'd get a King room. What the heck? When I book my stay very far in advance, I expect to get exactly what I book. This was my, and my husbands first vacation in 8 years without our kids...and I was BUMMED to not get a nice big King size bed!! The Front desk staff was ambivilant to the problem and basically had an "too bad so sad" attitude. We made do, but I was there for 5 mins before I was poorly dissapointed.

The room itself is quite nice, updated furniture, comfy beds (but very very flimsy pillows!). The bathroom was a very good size, and the tub was a deep soaker style tub.
The Strip View room was amazing, and it was fun looking down at the party-goers in the pool area.

The hotel/casino is nothing fancy, but not the worst. Fancy= Belagio, Tired and dirty = Harrah's. So the TI is right in the middle was good for a cheap-ish kind of Vegas weekend.

We only ate breakfast at the hotel restaurants. The Kahunaville - good service, large portions, nothing fancy, kind of "family-style" restaurant. The Cafe - very efficient and quick getting you to the table, but our server was slow and not terribly friendly, actually quite vacant and jaded. Food was good. The buffet - make sure to get there before check-out time!! We got there at 10:30am after we checked out (in our room on the tv, which was awesome!!) and dropped our bags off at the Bell Service and only had 4 parties infront of us. When we came out about an hour later, the line-up was HUGE!! The food was very good, and oh my the dessert bar was incredible! Fresh and hot mini donuts, yummy!!!

Now, I come from a city with a cigarette ban...so the smoke situation in Vegas was hard for me. It wasn't "bad" in the TI, they mask it with this tropical fruity air freshener that actually made me quite nauseous after a few days, however it was not as bad as other hotels.
I don't really gamble much, so can't say anything about the tables. I played the penny slots just for fun, and to sit around and get free drinks. Find the penny slots that allow you to play 1 cent per 1 bet....you get 100 pulls for your dollars - it lasts longer! Its fun to just sit with friends, have some drinks and have fun. Tip the waitresses and she'll come back to you!

Senor Frogs was fun for Happy Hour, but being in our mid-thirties and not real "partiers", we felt a little pushed-out once it got later and more club-like.
The Mojito Bar was also nice for $6 drinks.

The Hotel itself is in a great location, with the skywalk right to the Fashion Show Mall and the Venetian, and the tram to the Mirage. Very central, right on the strip and easy to access everything! For that alone, I'd stay here again.

Room Tip: Get the Strip View Room! Nothing beats that view at night!

7,338 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,273)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Macon, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

I'm pretty low maintenance and this place was decently priced. Didn't care to have wifi, so I never even checked if we had it (why are you on the internet in Vegas?). I loved that there was a Starbucks downstairs, I picked up breakfast there almost every morning. Pho is also a great restaurant in the hotel. It was very easy to self park and get to our room. Room was clean. Shower pressure was decent. Beds were comfortable. Pool was great and the water was actually cool, not hot like I thought it would have been in the middle of the desert. Location of the hotel was great. I loved the free tram from TI to the Mirage. My only complaint is that the room never got as cold as I wanted it to. Oh, and...Senor Frogs had terrible food. We got the fajitas, don't do it. And skip the buffet, your money is better spent elsewhere. Also skip the pirate ship show out front. It was pretty stupid and full of sexual innuendo that wasn't even amusing. Quote from the show..."My name is Cinnamon. But all the seamen that have been in my cove call me Cin." Really?? Dumb. But all in all, a great stay for someone who just needs somewhere to lay her head at night. -25 yr old lady

Glendora, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

We just completed our 2nd stay at TI. Our first visit, several years back, we were not as impressed. We mainly chose to stay here again because of the great deal we got online. This time we enjoyed the convenient location this hotel provides. The hotel is clean and comfortable. The meal options are decent. We would definitely stay again.

Richmond, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

We stayed in TI for four nights from June 30 to July 4. When we checked into the room, there was no WiFi connection and we had to move to another floor. The room was big, clean, but to our great disappointment, there was no coffee-maker, no bagged coffee or tea, as most of hotels will provide free tea or coffee. Las vegas was very hot, but there was no ice bucket in the room.

The bell desk staff was very friendly and helpful, special thanks to Jasmine. But obviously, they needed more staffing to cope with inquiries from long queued guests.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

I have stayed In many hotels throughout my life and can say the state of our room upon arriving was repulsive. After explaining our concerns to the front desk, we were "upgraded" to a smaller room. I had also booked a non smoking room with two queen beds as I was traveling with a male friend. We were given a smoking room with 1 king. The bedding was dirty, the carpet beside the bed looked as though it hadent been vacuumed in years and there were dirty hand prints on our window. I would not recommend this hotel or stay here again.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Treasure Island is an affordable and clean hotel for a cheap trip to Vegas No bells no wistles! The night club Senior Frog was a good place to start off the weekend. The front desk was nice, and helpful. There was no luxury experience such as wash clothes readily available without asking! But we did enjoy our stay. If you are looking for a good buffet that is worth the money go to the Wynn!

Room Tip: The rooms are smaller then what they seem!
North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

We booked this from a TV commercial the rate was $59 with NO resort Fee. We did an upgrade for $20 a night more for the view. ***Bathroom had hot water and the Bedding was so soft and cool. *** Room service that took 45mins but that's ok b/c we were relaxing. ***Buffet was expensive even with the B1 G1 free..$27.00. ***So was the Seafood Shack you don't get your moneys worth. ****The BEST thing about the Hotel was the Restaurant /Bar Kahunaville we had so much fun no cover and the music was great.. No Techno music just regular Hip -Hop and 90' to date. Please take advance of the Coupon they offer they really help. Went the week of July 4th...IT WAS CRAZY HOT...113-117 everyday. So it was good to have the nice room to kick back in and drink the drinks from the Kahunaville. I went to the Oleksandra Spa it was nice, got 50min $132 Therapeutic / $50 Full Body Exfoliation. But I had a 20% coupon too. Hotel is beside the Mall .....Stayed June 30-July 4th

Room Tip: Just ask for what you want in advance they them to note it on your reservation you preference and re...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Treasure Island - TI Hotel & Casino? Share your experiences!