In February, the misses and I decided to take a quick jaunt to Vegas for the weekend. We had found this really great deal on TI's website and since we had never stayed there before, and the price was right, we decided to give it a go. Upon arrival, this was your typical Vegas hotel; busy, smoky, loud. However, what got us the most, we arrived at the hotel around 7:30 on a Friday evening and they only had 4 or 5 agents at check-in and the line extended through the hotel lobby and out to the casino. In all my travels, I've never seen a wait that long to check into a hotel and we didn't get our room keys till almost 9 pm. I will say the staff was very apologetic and offered no excuses, and, they upgraded us to a corner room with no extra charge, which was nice, but come on, this is a hotel and not Space Mountain at Disneyland.
For the most part, the hotel is clean and the rooms are nice. The casino floor is dimly lit and kind of dungenous, but clean overall. Our room, once we finally got there, was a nice corner room on floor 34 or 35 facing the strip so, we had this unobstructed view of the two pirate ships where they do their outside pirate themed show. It was nice to be able to just sit and look out of the window at the show verus fighting the crowds. As for dining, we did eat at a couple of the restaurants inside the hotel such as Pho and Phil's Italian Steak House. Both were good and reasonably priced.
The two biggest drawbacks for us was the location, as it's a little more north on the strip and kind of removed from the main attractions, and, the resort fee, which seems to be a common practice at a lot of the resorts now, but not all. And, if not for the hour and a half check-in, I probably would of rated this hotel at 4 stars. Overall, it was ok for the money, but I can't necessarily say that there was something too special about this place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Treasure Island - TI is the AAA Four Diamond resort located on the Las Vegas Strip within walking distance of all the best dining, shopping and entertainment available in Las Vegas. TI features the free Sirens of TI live pirate battle, Mystere by Cirque du Soleil, Gilley's Saloon, Oleksandra Spa & Salon, wedding chapels, tropical pool and cabanas and so much more at very affordable prices. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Tingo, BookIt.com, Otel, getaroom.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Treasure Island - TI Hotel & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Treasure Island - Ti Hotel And Casino
- Treasure Island - Ti Hotel Las Vegas
- Treasure Island Las Vegas
- Las Vegas Treasure Island Hotel
- Treasure Island Hotel Las Vegas