I first stayed at TI twelve years ago and have stayed there on every trip to Vegas since. We arrived around 12:30 Sunday afternoon and were pleased to see a sign stating " for our guest convenience check in is at 11am". Unfortunately when we got to the desk our suite was not ready so we were given the choice of a eighth floor suite or coming back at the regular check in time for our twenty first floor room. We chose this option as I am an extremely lite sleeper and had no desire to be on the eighth floor in a strip view room. The check in person also told us we could check in at the information/ check out desk so we wouldn't have to wait in the long lines again.
We left the hotel and returned 3pm to be informed our room still wasn't ready and once again we could have an eighth floor suite. I told the lady I was offered the same room 3 hrs earlier and still didn't want it. The expression on her face was one of annoyance a she picked up the phone to call housekeeping, she then asked us to take a seat for 5 to 10 minutes while housekeeping done a a final check...that was the last we heard from her! My husband went up and enquired on the status of the room 15 mins later only to be told by a different person it still wasn't ready. We got talking to a nice young lady behind the bell desk who realized our annoyance and called
housekeeping who told her the room would be ready in 30 mins! When we finally checked in around 4pm we stated we were player club members and didn't want the "resort fee" amenities. It seems as we booked our room through the hotel and not the casino we didn't have this option....of course we didn't! We were at the hotel 2 nights and the only resort fee amenity we used was the internet. This was available from check in at 4pm Sunday until midnight Monday, $56 plus tax for less than 48 hours of Internet......ridiculous to say the least!
On the plus side our room was clean, great bed and the staff were friendly.....that is apart from the 3 we encountered at the check in desk!
I feel the hotel has definitely slipped in the customer service department over the years and is no longer the TI of old! Our future trips to Vegas will now probably consist of finding a hotel that appreciates loyal guests instead of just taking them for granted.
- Also Known As:
- Treasure Island - Ti Hotel
- Treasure Island - Ti Hotel And Casino
- Treasure Island - Ti Hotel Las Vegas
- Treasure Island Las Vegas
- Las Vegas Treasure Island Hotel
- Treasure Island Hotel Las Vegas
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Treasure Island - TI is the AAA Four Diamond resort located on the Las Vegas Strip within walking distance of all the best dining, shopping and entertainment available in Las Vegas. TI features the free Sirens of TI live pirate battle, Mystere by Cirque du Soleil, Gilley's Saloon, Oleksandra Spa & Salon, wedding chapels, tropical pool and cabanas and so much more at very affordable prices. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, BookIt.com, Booking.com, Amex, PointsHound, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Venere, HotelTravel.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Hotels.com and Tingo so you can book your Treasure Island - TI Hotel & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.