“Great hotel- we'll be back :)” 4 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3300 Las Vegas Blvd S, Las Vegas, NV 89109 (The Strip)   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #94 of 269 Hotels in Las Vegas
Brisbane
“Great hotel- we'll be back :)”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2011

My husband and I had a week at TI and thanks to signing up for the Guest Book email on their website we got an upgrade to a Tower Suite for the same price as the next room down.
We had friends and family staying at the Venetian and we had considered cancelling our booking to stay there too, but we were so glad we didn't!
Pros:
Accommodation- The room was more than comfortable, the bathrooms were ridiculously huge, the spa bath wonderful (the Venetian rooms didn't have one!) and the BED- my god! I have a hip injury and rarely get good sleep, but I slept like a log every night, even with the Sirens of TI canons going off outside my room...I was completely oblivious. I have just discovered thanks to the helpful Facebook page that we can purchase this bed from the Gift Store- I am seriously considering it!

Staff- every person I encountered was friendly, professional and extremely helpful.

Location- fantastic, so close to everything yet tucked away enough that it was quiet and we had a room overlooking the Strip.

Services- lots of variety for food, things to do, etc. We LOVED Kahunaville!!! Randy is the best bartender!!!

The only cons: No bathrobes :( I love a hotel bathrobe after a hot bath or shower.
The gap under the door meant that a bit of light came through from the hall at night, and every time someone let their door slam ours would shake too.
The room was very dark during the day and even with every light turned on it was it was still dark... but these things were minor and didn't affect our stay really.

Overall: FANTASTIC!

Room Tip: Sign up for the guestbook on the website; try to get a tower suite- beware northern rooms are darker...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,845)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Rotterdam, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2011

Book my vacation via Southwest (air fare & hotel), only to have to pay an additional $20.00 per day fee resort fee, Really !!! The resort fee did not get you any thing additional with the expection of a 2 for 1 drink coupon which they handed out for free at one of the resturants. I really think the additional fee was a really hugh rip-off. Next year I will be staying some place else

Oxford, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2011

Not a lot to say that is positive. There is a $20 + tax daily resort fee, which covers the Internet in your room and the gym, whether you use these facilities or not. This extra charge makes it more expensive than other comparable hotels on the strip. The pool is overcrowded with beds lined up in rows touching. Long wait for poolside drinks, waitresses too busy chatting to young men. Staff in casino do nothing to enhance atmosphere, again long waits for drinks. Long queues at reception at all times.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Regina, SK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2011

A group of 8 adults stayed at TI from September 30 - October 7th. As others have said, check in was long but we were expecting that so no biggie. They were able to get all 4 couples on the 36th floor which was great. The room was very nice (beds absolutely incredibly comfortable!). The bathroom did show some wear and tear but nothing terrible. The water pressure in the shower and sink was quite poor, but again, nothing to ruin a trip.

We ate at the buffet as well as breakfast at Margueritaville and lunch at Gilly's all were quite good although pretty pricey. Gilly's at night was very slow while we were there and the drinks were ridiculously expensive.

We all liked the casino quite a bit and found the service very good. Compared to my last stay at Monte Carlo we received drinks much faster and found everyone extremely friendly.

The location of the hotel is great, especially f you are a shopper or use the bus. The bus stops right outside of the Fashion Show mall and also across the street at the Palazzo which was very handy. If you are on a bit of a budget there is a food court at the Fashion Show mall which was nice to pick up a quick sandwich or bagel instead of an expensive restaurant meal.

This was my 2nd trip to Vegas (as mentioned, first time stayed at Monte Carlo). I liked TI better than the Monte Carlo for its location and atmosphere.

All in all, I would recommend this hotel to others.

UK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2011

My wife and I go to Vegas every year and this year was our 40th Wedding Anniversary so we stayed at the Treasure Island which is ideally placed for all the great things on the Strip and had a fantastic view of same.We'd stayed at the TI a couple of years ago and thoroughly enjoyed the ambience and the pool area with its friendly waitresses, handy bar and poolside restaraunt. The hotel has had a bit of a makeover with a new Gilleys western-style bar and diner featuring beautiful cowgirl waitresses in skimpy outfits and a bucking bull which looked like great fun, they had line dancing lessons and music acts on several nights. great fun - loved it. There's also now a new bar called Sirens Sip where you can watch the galleons fighting (formerly Buccaneer Bay) based on Greek legend theme. The buffets OK too, so all round we had a good time. But! the pool area has caught the noise bug! We used to stay at the Hotel Monte Carlo until one year they started belting out 'music' at full pitch around the pool. Now I love music -any sort from Mozart to Heavy Metal but this crap was just Crap Rap. ear-shattering "Yo momma you momma you motherf...ing momma" Now that aint music it's just noise and painful noise at that. Everyone complained but they never turned it down so we checked out and went to the the TI. So were were very disappointed and a bit annoyed to find that instead of an idyllic palm-fringed tropical paradise poolside that we previously enjoyed the place is now vibrating to the strains of ~yo momma" too. Too loud, so loud your ears bleed and they even had their own DJ - known as DJ Serious~who was a DJ who seriously lacked any musical taste whatsoever. It was hell - and I repeat my wife I love all sorts of music and find it really relaxing - but when it's too load (and again everyone was complaining - after all the majority of guests were not 16 year-old kids from the 'hood' they were ordinary holidaymakers. So no we won't be going back to the TI again. Sorry but like the Monte Carlo the management of these hotels just never learn to satisfy their core client base, they just cave in to the demands of the 'yoof market' Half wits.Entertainment we enjoyed were Donny and Marie, Vinny Favorito (very un-Politically Correct) and a couple of trips to the Comedy Store for some very funny stand up - always good value. Couldn't get tickets for Rod Stewart.

Room Tip: Unlike some hotels that boast a 'Strip View' which turns out to be a view of the rooftops an...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
St. John's
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2011

Where do I start....the positives, the hotel rooms themselves are average in comparison to what is offered on the strip and your very close to the mall. However if you have to deal with anyone in the casino, front desk, casino host GOOD LUCK! There is no communcation between the casino hosts and the casino itself. Every person you talk to tells you a different story so get it in writing if its anything with repect to what you will be comped for or charged. Service was no where near where it was the first time we stayed. Other casinos told us since the TI was sold recently the service has really gone down hill - I'm not sure about the sale part but I am about the service part. The casino workers are like zombies, very hard to get a drink (like 45-60mins waiting on 1 machine), just not a happy vibe going on. I was embarrassed as I had previously raved about the hotel from our previous stay, we had another couple travelling with us who were wanting to stay elsewhere but we pushed TI. Not somewhere I would recommend if you want to enjoy the hotel, food or gamble - there is much better out there, better comp offers etc.. I tried to fill out the survey on our TV upon check out, but of course it wouldnt work, our tv didnt work well much of our 6 night stay - we were sick of having a tech coming to our room so we gave up. We were dissappointed to say the least, felt worse for our travel companions as we had recommended. The last couple of nights we gambled elsewhere.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Palm Harbor, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2011

Had a flight cancellation and ended staying here for one night because of the "deal" they had on a room. This property is not only dated, but appeared dingy and the carpets were filthy. Overall I would give this a poor to extremely poor rating. Will not be returning and will not recommend for any occasion.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business

Been to Treasure Island - TI Hotel & Casino? Share your experiences!