My son and I were attending a training class near Pahrump, but all rooms in that town were booked for our dates. I found this hotel at a great price, which was right on the strip. I've never been to Vegas, but my son had stayed at the Luxor, and when I told him it was across the street from the New York, New York, and down the block from the MGM Grand, he said it was a good location, so we decided to take the chance. Let's be very clear: we did not have high expectations.
That was a great decision. The hotel, is nestled behind some streetfront shops, and you have to drive between the buildings to get to the lobby and to the motel. There are only three floors, so it seems dwarfed by all the huge building around it. They let us check in early, and we were able to get a poolside room. There is also a breakfast room and a business room/laundry area. The rooms are very standard, low-priced, budget hotel style, but very clean and decently maintained. We settled in and began to walk the strip. Returning after dark, we felt completely safe walking back through the well-lighted "alley" or driveway off the strip to the room. I should also mention that they have ample parking both near the rooms and behind the hotel in a fenced parking lot. The next day, the pool looked like it needed cleaning, but we didn't plan to swim anyway. By the time we got back later that day, the pool was cleaned.
Throughout the week we spent there, we took advantage of the free breakfast bar, which included juice, coffee, milk, cereal, bagels w/cream cheese, variety of packaged rolls, and apples & oranges. This was really handy as we had to leave at 6 AM each day to make it to our class in Pahrump, so it was easy to just grab a few things to eat along the way. Our last day there, we decided to use the pool, which was clean, but was FREEZING. One other feature we used was the room safe - they add $1.50 plus tax each day for that (not sure how they know that you used it, but they do.)
All things considered, it was a great place to stay. It's on the strip, so very accessible to everything else on the strip. It's inexpensive, safe, and it's clean. It has an outdoor pool, free breakfast bar, and a very friendly staff. For the price, it is a real hidden gem.
- Also Known As:
- Travelodge Las Vegas Center Strip Hotel
- Travelodge Las Vegas Center Strip Hotel Las Vegas
- Travelodge Las Vegas
- Las Vegas Travel Lodge
- Las Vegas Travelodge
- Travel Lodge Las Vegas
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of the Fabulous Las Vegas Strip and surrounded by many of Las Vegas most famous attractions, the Travelodge Las Vegas Center Strip offers budget-minded travelers a truly convenient and affordable place to stay when visiting Las Vegas. Our rooms were remodeled in 2011 and feature Free High Speed Internet Access, Free Continental Breakfast and In-Room Coffee. With free parking and exterior-corridor rooms, you will be able to quickly reach your car and get wherever you want to go, whether you are headed to a casino, the Convention Center or the Hoover Dam. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Tingo and Otel so you can book your Travelodge Las Vegas Center Strip reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.