“A Hidden Gem” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Travelodge Las Vegas Center Strip

You added Travelodge Las Vegas Center Strip to your Saves list
Travelodge Las Vegas Center Strip
1.5 of 5 Motel   |   3735 Las Vegas Boulevard South, Las Vegas, NV 89109 (The Strip)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Free High Speed Internet
Ranked #131 of 272 Hotels in Las Vegas
Burnsville, Minnesota
“A Hidden Gem”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2011

My son and I were attending a training class near Pahrump, but all rooms in that town were booked for our dates. I found this hotel at a great price, which was right on the strip. I've never been to Vegas, but my son had stayed at the Luxor, and when I told him it was across the street from the New York, New York, and down the block from the MGM Grand, he said it was a good location, so we decided to take the chance. Let's be very clear: we did not have high expectations.

That was a great decision. The hotel, is nestled behind some streetfront shops, and you have to drive between the buildings to get to the lobby and to the motel. There are only three floors, so it seems dwarfed by all the huge building around it. They let us check in early, and we were able to get a poolside room. There is also a breakfast room and a business room/laundry area. The rooms are very standard, low-priced, budget hotel style, but very clean and decently maintained. We settled in and began to walk the strip. Returning after dark, we felt completely safe walking back through the well-lighted "alley" or driveway off the strip to the room. I should also mention that they have ample parking both near the rooms and behind the hotel in a fenced parking lot. The next day, the pool looked like it needed cleaning, but we didn't plan to swim anyway. By the time we got back later that day, the pool was cleaned.

Throughout the week we spent there, we took advantage of the free breakfast bar, which included juice, coffee, milk, cereal, bagels w/cream cheese, variety of packaged rolls, and apples & oranges. This was really handy as we had to leave at 6 AM each day to make it to our class in Pahrump, so it was easy to just grab a few things to eat along the way. Our last day there, we decided to use the pool, which was clean, but was FREEZING. One other feature we used was the room safe - they add $1.50 plus tax each day for that (not sure how they know that you used it, but they do.)

All things considered, it was a great place to stay. It's on the strip, so very accessible to everything else on the strip. It's inexpensive, safe, and it's clean. It has an outdoor pool, free breakfast bar, and a very friendly staff. For the price, it is a real hidden gem.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Sedona, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2011

I just want to say Thank-you Liz and Eddie!!!!!!! You made our short stay Wonderful! Our room was clean and comfortable. Your staff all were very friendly and helpful with all our questions of things to see while we were there. We really had a great time in Las Vegas and alot was because you went out of your way of showing and helping us see the venues of Las Vegas. We really enjoyed all the sights Thanks Again for your Professionalizm and being Personable! J & T.

Room Tip: Call them personally
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
travelodge702, General Manager at Travelodge Las Vegas Center Strip, responded to this review, April 25, 2011
Hey! Thank you for writing a review. It was a pleasure to help you while you were visiting. Many Famous attractions are all within walking distance from our hotel. It is very accessible to many of the Casinos like MGM, Bellagio, Planet Hollywood and many more! So this makes it really convenient if you are here for a short visit and want to see all the venues. We were all happy to see our names in your review and hope to see you again soon.

Liz Morales
Travelodge South Strip
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2011 via mobile

Amazing location for the $, across from bellagio and new york new york. Quiet, clean, polite front desk, small but peaceful and welcoming pool, no children! It [--] rocks!!!!

• Stayed April 2011
Reading, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2011

This is easily the cheapest way to stay right in the heart of the Strip in Vegas. You walk straight out of the hotel and you're amongst the casinos. Once you've arrived there's free parking so you will not need to drive anywhere in the Vegas congestion which is a big plus.
The central location means there's lots of noise all night, so don't stay if you're a light sleeper (or bring ear plugs as I did). Rooms are basic, and very dated (especially the retro pink bathroom suite) but it saves paying a fortune to stay somewhere where you will only be to sleep given all the attractions of Vegas. It apparently has one of the only free breakfasts in town - just a few pastries and cereal, but not bad for the price.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Braunschweig, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2011

This motel is located directly on South Strip just across the street of the New York New York Casino. Thus it is perfect if one wants to shortly pay a visit to the South Strip of Las Vegas. The motel is quite cheap compared to other accommodations around and okay for one or two nights to spend. Breakfast is available but i'll suggest to look for a McDonald's or one of the diners just around the corner.

Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends
Central Oregon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2011

First, the negatives: they have been well covered by the previous reviews. Yes it's old, noisy, and definitely in need of a makeover. The air conditioner/heater only worked on two speeds; very noisy and very, very noisy. Also you need to climb on a chair to turn it on or off. The rest of the sounds didn't bother me because I always travel with grade 5 ear muffs. Essential for almost all budget hotels (and even some pricey ones too). Especially on a weekend in Vegas.
Now the positives: 1.The location of course. 2. The staff are great. Unlike many large casino/hotels, they treated me like a guest instead of "stock". On arrival, they had the room I requested ready for me (it's worth ringing to confirm a couple of days before arrival) but no towels. Eddie at front desk apologized and I had towels straight away. The next day, I asked the housekeeping to re-vacume my room and change the duvet, no problem. They also gave me the extra blanket I asked for. That night, I went to sleep while eating chocolate (ooops). When I returned after my day out, housekeeping had been really nice and put on clean sheets for me. 3. The tv worked well, 24 channels all well tuned in and clearly labled. 4. Nice shower-head, good pressure. It can take awhile for the hot water to come through and the cold/hot signs were the wrong way around, but once I figured that out, the shower was fine. 5. It's pleasantly decorated (for a budget hotel). 6. The breakfast provided was simple but nice, with tiny milks that you can use for tea or coffee. 7. A COFFEEMAKER IN THE ROOM WITH COFFEE,SUGAR AND CREAMER. TEABAGS IN THE BREAKFAST ROOM. Good luck trying to find that in a large casino/hotel. They only had paper cups, so I bought a souvenir mug for 99cents, which I brought home with me. 8. Lots of security. It didn't make me feel scared, it made me feel safe. If there's any problems (which can happen anywhere), they are right there. 9. I'm sooo.. over walking for miles, through the "maze" of the large casino/hotels just to get from my room to the street. Here it takes 30-40 seconds. 10. No creepy-crawllies of any kind in my room.
My room had not yet been refurbished. Next time I might check out one of the refurbished rooms.
One final thing: there was a lovely view of the eiffel tower (Paris Hotel) from the landing outside my room. At night time, I could almost imagine myself in Paris.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled solo
Victoria, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2011

Our first visit to LV. This place should be torn down. The rooms stink. They have never been refurbished since they were built in the early 1950's (a guess because of the pink tub and toilet) The mattress was old and worn. My husband got into bed and I rolled down hill. Half the mattress had a white pad and the sheets were threadbare. You could SEE THROUGH THE BOTTOM SHEET. The bathroom screen had two large, 1" X 1" holes. The shower hot water was difficult to get hot. The carpets were stained. There was a red stain running down the bathroom door. The whole place was creepy. Anybody could do better with the same amount of money. Save yourself the trouble and go elsewhere.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Travelodge Las Vegas Center Strip? Share your experiences!