“UNfreakingBELIEVABLE!!!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Aruba Hotel

You added Aruba Hotel to your Saves list
Aruba Hotel
1.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1215 Las Vegas Boulevard South, Las Vegas, NV 89104 (Formerly Thunderbird Hotel)   |
Ranked #231 of 272 Hotels in Las Vegas
Los Angeles, California
“UNfreakingBELIEVABLE!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2010

This is my experience so far.

Stayed at The Aruba for a week in early December. Stay was OK, people were nice enough, place is a dump...but what do you expect for a incredibly low prices on that part of LV Blvd.

Anyway, this is the good part. Two weeks after I checked out the hotel charged me for two extra weeks. I called them to correct the error...they said they would look into it. I called again...they said the need to check with accounting. I called again...they said my bank was closed for the holidays and it will be there after the 1st. I called my bank which was open...my bank told me it's a simple credit on the machine and there is no reason for them to even contact the machine. I called the Aruba again...told them it was a simple credit on machine and I said the manger Michael lied to me....he did in fact lie to me...he told me my bank was closed and that he needed to contact them. Michael then took the professional approach of hanging up on me and telling me to call back with a different attitude. I called back and Michael "wasn't there". If I get money back, I will update this and say that they at least did that. However, this is the worst I have ever been treated by a business in my life. That money is unbelievably important to me right now...I guess that's important to their behavior but it's making it that much more frustrating for me.

Sorry, just had to vent. feeling somewhat helpless at the moment. It's going to suck for everyone if I have to back to Vegas to straighten this out.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Orange, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2010

Bad part of Vegas, reviews were very misleading. The elevator was broken and supposedly the key machine was broken as well. We had to have maintenance open our room for us. Shady area.. Would not recommend this place to anyone. Creepy little motel....

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with friends
Las Vegas, Nevada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2010

Room was supposed to have blow dryer and coffee maker. Had neither. No room service the first day not even clean towels. Took 10 hours and 5 calls to front office before we got clean towels. No room service 2nd or 3rd day. Every time we went to office, no one was there or they were hiding! No hot water on last morning.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
Council Bluffs, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2009

They made our stay Great. My Aunt and Uncle also stayed in the room next to us. We went swimming and went to the bar at night for a drink. It was very quite.

Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
vegasangel
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2009

GREAT PLACE TO STAY! Las Vegas’ hidden treasure! The staff at the Aruba was incredibly accommodating and helpful. The manager Raj was so friendly and welcoming. The setting at the Aruba is perfect for a romantic getaway. Just hop, skip, and a jump off the main strip, the Aruba’s location can’t be beat. Great prices, clean rooms, romantic atmosphere, and top of the line spa treatments are just a few of the delights the Aruba has to offer. No need to venture to the main strip when you have the Thunderbird lounge in the hotel lobby. The drinks in the Thunderbird lounge were generous portioned and reasonably priced. A great group of locals hang out in the Thunderbird lounge, complete with local talent for entertainment. In the room, beds were comfy and the room was cozy. Beautiful sights and friendly faces welcome you at the Aruba. Don’t miss Vegas’ best kept secret!

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
Apalachin, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2008

We booked this trip with tripres.com, which I must add they corrected all issues we experienced by switching hotels for us.

Aruba Hotel has got to be the worst experience we have ever had. The entire description is incorrect and the photos are deceiving. We arrived to the hotel late, as the flight was a late flight. We had to check in at the bar, which had buckets catching drips of water from a ceiling that isn’t in the photos of the bar. Once finally getting checked in, we walked through a maze over the roof and along a long hall, very long walk for being one of the very few guests at the hotel. Once arriving at the room, the floors were all ceramic tile with two throw rugs, not vacuumed (debris all over). The room was bland and barely had the regular amenities of a hotel. The bedspread was ripped and falling apart, once removing the bedspread is the true horror. There was hair all over the pillows and sheets including a pair of hairs attached to a scab... that night we slept on the top of the sheets and covered ourselves with a blanket that we had with us. Once daylight came and we left the next day, we were able to see everything much more clearly which included the pool, which we only looked at from afar but it followed the deceiving photos argument. We did not notice anything that made this hotel a spa either, just 8x10 paper signs made by hand labeled “hotel & spa”. The surroundings weren’t the best that Vegas has to offer either. Across the street is a strip club, which may be a plus for some. On the strip side of the hotel is a whole line of drive through weddings. Just to add to this, we've only talked to one person our entire trip that has even remotely heard of this hotel, and that was only after a cab drove us all around Vegas trying to find the thing. No shuttle bus goes there or picks up there even though its downtown. A travel hint for Vegas is to stay away from Cabs. Thirty bucks per trip each ride. The deuce goes up and down the strip and if you can’t get to something from the deuce when in relation to the strip then it isn’t worth it because it makes it impossible to get around in Vegas that way.
Pros about this hotel would include: clean towels and the bathroom seemed clean although didn’t feel safe using it. We used the towels for pillows.

• Liked — Honestly, there was nothing good or best about this hotel!
  • Disliked — Please read above review!
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
NY
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2008

Me and my friends were very disapointed! There was terible hotel service, dirty rooms, disqusting bathrooms with NO towels. We asked for towels couple times, they promised to bring them and they finally did last night (2 towels for 4 people:o). We are not picky people but this one was too much.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — dirty room and bathroom
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Aruba Hotel? Share your experiences!