“What a dump!!!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Aruba Hotel

You added Aruba Hotel to your Saves list
Aruba Hotel
1.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1215 Las Vegas Boulevard South, Las Vegas, NV 89104 (Formerly Thunderbird Hotel)   |
Ranked #231 of 272 Hotels in Las Vegas
“What a dump!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2011 via mobile

The pictures I saw online were very misleading...this place is a total dump! I checked in, stopped at the bar to get a drink, and was served by the most unbearable, stuck up bartender who didn't even get my drink right. After seeing how completely FILTHY my room was, I couldn't even stay there. I should have checked the reviews online first. Don't stay here, the service and cleanliness is a total joke.

• Stayed June 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
whittier,ca
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2011

this hotel was the worst hotel i ever stood in first of all we booked the room in advance to make reservations then we got there at 1am on a friday and they told us they already rented our room out so we had to pay an additional for another room then we got the room and the door didn't lock to good the curtains fell of the rod in the bathroom there was no remote for the tv the beds felt like they were going to break i would not recommend this room to anybody you are better off saving your money and sleeping in your car

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
Tustin, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2011

We were dropping off relatives, who were vacationing from overseas, to this so-called hotel. But I realized that they weren't going to be safe here after looking at their room.

First of all, the elevator at this place was a metallic death trap, that had a broken air conditioning unit and was 10 degrees hotter than the outside temperature. When we entered the room, it smelled like it hadn't been aired out in months. One of the bedside lamps didn't have a switch to turn the light on/off. Instead there was a sharp metallic wire that protruded out where the switch should have been. There was no remote for the TV and the on/off button was broken. The AC unit in the room sounded like it was working and was set to its coldest temperature, but the room was like a sauna. There were only 2 small towels in the bathroom and the curtain rod was starting to rust.

We got tired of calling the front desk and complaining every 15 minutes, so we decided to switch rooms, but it didn't make a difference. The second room was just as bad as the first. There was no manager to complain to and the front desk clerk was trying to make excuses for the things that didn't work.

In the end, we decided to leave this place. The only problem was that we couldn't get back half of our payment. "Hotel policy" was the quote from our disrespectful front desk clerk.

This was the worst hotel experience of my life and I wasn't even going to stay there that night. I felt concerned for my relatives because they had 2 young kids with them. Thank goodness, we found a better hotel for them.

Please heed my warning and do not stay in this hotel. It is a deathtrap waiting to happen.

Room Tip: Read all the reviews of places you plan to stay at
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
carson
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2011

this hotel is not very pleasant to stay on, rooms are very dirty and stinks, toilets are leaky, staff not very helpful and very rude, my overall review to this hotel is very, very poor, will never ever recommend this to anyone.

Room Tip: Rooms are very dirty and very stinks
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Washington, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2011

Hotel Aruba is a nice place to stay. We stayed there for three days. The prices were affordable. The staff out there were nice. They were helpful in every possible way. The rooms are clean, comfortable, cozy and pleasant. The beds are cozy and comfortable too. You get a great sleep here. The atmosphere is peaceful. The spa treatments are absolutely soothing and relaxing. I especially enjoyed some of their special treatments. They were amazing. I would come back again especially for these treatments. I highly recommend this place to anyone. One will never regret staying here.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
Victorville, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2011

My wife and I Booked Aruba for two nights, only stayed one. We got in about 1am but, they have a club downstairs. No sleep that night. I called expedia and moved us over to the Four Queens, finally got some rest. A club is cool, just not to the point where its going to keep the guest up all night. Many hotels have clubs loud music the Four Queens did,its Vegas baby, just did not hear it in my room i payed for.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2010

This is my experience so far.

Stayed at The Aruba for a week in early December. Stay was OK, people were nice enough, place is a dump...but what do you expect for a incredibly low prices on that part of LV Blvd.

Anyway, this is the good part. Two weeks after I checked out the hotel charged me for two extra weeks. I called them to correct the error...they said they would look into it. I called again...they said the need to check with accounting. I called again...they said my bank was closed for the holidays and it will be there after the 1st. I called my bank which was open...my bank told me it's a simple credit on the machine and there is no reason for them to even contact the machine. I called the Aruba again...told them it was a simple credit on machine and I said the manger Michael lied to me....he did in fact lie to me...he told me my bank was closed and that he needed to contact them. Michael then took the professional approach of hanging up on me and telling me to call back with a different attitude. I called back and Michael "wasn't there". If I get money back, I will update this and say that they at least did that. However, this is the worst I have ever been treated by a business in my life. That money is unbelievably important to me right now...I guess that's important to their behavior but it's making it that much more frustrating for me.

Sorry, just had to vent. feeling somewhat helpless at the moment. It's going to suck for everyone if I have to back to Vegas to straighten this out.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled solo

Been to Aruba Hotel? Share your experiences!