“Loved Rumor!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #125 of 273 hotels in Las Vegas
Detroit, Michigan, United States
“Loved Rumor!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

My friends and I stayed at Rumor for a girls weekend trip to Vegas and I was pleasantly surprised at how nice it was. After reading a few reviews, I didn't expect it to be the nicest hotel, but my friends and I thought it was amazing. It's not overly crowded or busy, so it's nice when you come back from a night out and want some peace and quiet. The courtyard is adorned with palm trees and hammocks every where, which was a really nice touch that we utilized on a daily basis. The rooms are a lot bigger than expected with the bedroom area separated from the living area and a big bathroom with a huge walk in shower. The beds are extremely comfortable too! There is no restaurant on site at the hotel, but we didn't mind because Hard Rock Hotel is directly across the street as well as a strip mall containing many places to eat. Overall the hotel is really cute, stylish, fairly girly, but extremely nice for such a bargain price! The pictures online accurately depict the hotel and the rooms. There's not much I could complain about, aside from the fact that the hotel is located off of the strip. We were well aware of this when booking this hotel though, so we didn't mind having to take a taxi. The strip is only about 1/2 mile away from the hotel, which was about a 15 - 20 min walk. I would definitely recommended Rumor to anyone traveling to Vegas looking for a quality hotel at a great price!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends

480 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We arrived back from Las Vegas on Tuesday night and actually felt relaxed! Why, because of the Rumor Hotel! Off the Strip far enough to be relaxing yet close enough to go wherever we had planned. You could actually time how long it would take to arrive at each place because of the convenient street level self parking and no waiting for valets. The suite we had was huge as was the bathroom! It had a double shower with those fabulous rainshower heads. There was also a large seating area and various mirrored vanities and dressers. There were tons of fluffy white towels everywhere and plenty of toiletries, not just the usual postage stamp piece of soap, but carefully thought out items. This was a ground level suite with sun loungers and a table outside. There were two lots of French doors which kept the room light and airy. There was a terrific refrigerator in the room too where we kept our own bar and snacks which again allowed for more relaxation! No gambling here yet just steps across the street from the Hard Rock so this is a great place for kids. BTW they are also dog friendly which is a plus! We saw quite a few dogs on the balconies of other rooms which was a thoughtful idea and allowed in and out access without having to use a leash all day.

We didn't eat here but we were here three days and could not fault it in any way. I have read some of the less than glowing reviews and wonder if those people were at the same hotel!

If you want to relax in the pool and Jacuzzi and then head on out to the glitz and glamor of Vegas this is for you! No need to walk through massive lobbies and jangling casinos just to get to your room. No need to wait 30 minutes for your car from the valet or get burned up walking miles to self parking. FREE ground level parking right outside!

This reminded me more of a European resort than a Vegas mega-hostel! It appears each room has a theme which is rather modern and chic - yes we peeped at a few!!

Just loved it!

Room Tip: If there are more than two of you go for a ground level suite, they are huge and allow for easy in a...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Las Vegas, Nevada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Booked one night here through the hotels tonight app on a whim, probably around 11:30pm and I really wish we hadn't because we actually like this hotel and we've stayed here maybe 5 or 6 times but our last stay was VERY unpleasant and now we may never return. When we first checked in it took a little longer than it should have but their printer broke, so that's ok, we didn't mind that at all. We got to our room and noticed there was no balcony/patio and the water wasn't getting hot, we called the front desk and they were more than willing to switch our rooms and we let them know about the hot water.
However, when we get to our other room, we find out the AC is not working, the husband calls the front desk and they advise a person would come look at it. We waited for 30 mins and no one showed up, so I called the front desk and a woman by the name of Stella tells me that their maintenance guy left 2 hours ago!!!! Why would the previous woman tell my husband that someone would be at our room to fix it?!!!! Mind you, this was probably 1am. Stella put us in another room, had someone bring me new room keys so I wouldn't have to come to the front desk but when we got to our new room, the freakin key didn't work!!! So now the husband goes to the front desk to retrieve working keys and we're finally in and able to use the AC. I try to run the shower and again no hot water, at this point I don't feel like calling them again. I suck it up and just head to bed. In the morning I checked the water and there was still no hot water! I called the front desk and they said their hot water is not working!!!! Why they hell would you allow guests to purchase a room and not tell them about the hot water situation???!!! Also, when we mentioned the hot water situation on our first room change, why wouldn't you mention it was out??!!! I really wanted to go to the front desk in the morning and speak to a manager but I was so tired by the entire ordeal and what we have to go through. I also knew I would not be very pleasant, I was running on very little sleep and wasn't able to take a shower even though I paid for it.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dillon S, General Manager at Rumor Hotel, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Hi Alice,

Thank you for being our guest and taking the time to share your experience. I'm so sorry about the issues you had. We did have a storm that night that caused us to lose power to a boiler. It happened really late at night, otherwise we absolutely would've let you know at check-in. I totally understand why that would be frustrating and I want to make it right for you. Please contact me at dsweeney@rumorvegas.com. I will definitely take care of your stay. We want to keep you coming back! Thank you again for being a loyal guest. I look forward to speaking with you and making sure we set things right!

Best Regards,

Dillon Sweeney
702-369-5400
dsweeney@rumorvegas.com
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Rumor is such a refreshing change when staying in Vegas, which I do frequently. Rumor decor is beautiful and modern and the staff couldn't be nicer. Emilio at the front desk is awesome. If you have problems, talk to him. Stephanie, one of the managers, is also very helpful and understanding. The first time I stayed, another hotel refused to take us with my SERVICE DOG and Rumor welcomed us with open arms. They have great facilities and events for the furry kids, which I appreciate more than anything. They also have a grassy, fenced in dog run...essential in Vegas to avoid burned paws.

I stay in Vegas frequently, and usually I'm so sick of it by the time we leave I swear I'm never coming back. Rumor has remedied this problem as they are steps from Hard Rock and the strip but quiet enough (while still being swanky) to give you a break from the madness when it's needed. If you don't appreciate a balanced Vegas experience and want to party until you drop, you might not appreciate this hotel as much as I do BUT....if you want a reasonably priced suite that rivals many I've stayed in while in Vegas to hang with your group, this is an excellent choice. The courtyard and pool have a California feel to it, which is right up my alley.

Ask Steve to make you a special cocktail. Whatever he crafts ends up being awesome.

Only complaint I will render is that the evening desk staff leaves much to be desired. We asked them for extra blankets that never came. Also, we asked for a bottle opener and were rejected because we needed to come downstairs to have the bartender do it. If they had been nicer about it, I probably wouldn't have been so peeved.

Room Tip: Rooms on the courtyard side are quieter, but it's fun to get one facing the Hard Rock Hotel if y...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Palmdale
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I LOVED my stay at the Rumor Boutique!! My husband and I were visiting Vegas for my 25th birthday. Due to a series of unfortunate events we were going to be arriving late Thursday night. I called and spoke with Bridgette who assured me that everything would be just fine! When we arrived we were already taken back by the outside appearance, I automatically new I'd love it! When we walked in, it was such a great environment, and the decor was so cool! We met with Bridgette who was still working. She was such a great help and even upgraded our room because of it being my birthday! On top of that, she threw in a free bottle of champagne! As we walked through the lobby to our room, we were amazed at how the outside appearance was and how quite it was. The pool was super clear, the sand, hammocks, and Palm trees made us feel like we were on a beach getaway somewhere! The room is just my taste, the rain shower heads, couch, and artwork were fabulous! The whole time we were there we felt so comfortable! Everything was cleaned spotless! We have already decided that The Rumor Boutique is now our new place to stay every time we visit Vegas!! Thank you Rumor Boutique for making our Vegas stay super enjoyable!!!

• Stayed August 2014
Princeton, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I had to write this after reading the review from July 28, by Tyler b. I can't stop laughing! Topless pool???!! Anyhow, here's my review. My daughter and I were driving across the country to LA. I HAVE NEVER WANTED TO GO TO VEGAS! But I knew we should probably see the spectacle! We were dead tired and needed to stop. While my daughter was driving I was searching for a hotel. I did not want to stay in one of the typical high rise/casino mess. So very much to my surprise I ran across RUMOR. We parked with no problem in their lot, was greeted and checked in by friendly staff. The hotel is only 2 story with a courtyard / pool. Our room faced the courtyard on the ground level. Room was normal size. Clean, a bit worn. Nice bedding (first thing I check). Bathroom was clean, new. Nice shower. Lock on the sliding glass door was half broken. No coffee maker. Pool looked inviting. I enjoyed it especially in the morning, we had coffee early on the patio. No hot water for shower though. They had some issue with hot water not working, but took off a fee from the bill and offered free breakfast. The manager Mr. Sweeney came to us and apologized. I later Received an e mail with an upgrade voucher for next visit. Passed it on to my other daughter, she'll use it! Not a fancy swank hotel but a nice and reasonable relief from the road hotels and "the strip". Vegas is just not my thing.

Stayed July 2014
San Carlos, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

I'm staying at Rumor right now so I'm fresh to right this review and in a great mood.

I love Rumor more than any hotel in Las Vegas. This beautiful property is so convenient! You can pull your car right up and park close to your room and then bring your stuff up without having to pay bell guys or wait in long elevator lines. The rooms are incredibly plush and clean all designed in a sexy white art-deco style that matches the beautiful pool that sits in the center of all the rooms that stretch around it. The staff are super upbeat and attractive and make you feel like you are at one of the hippest spots in Las Vegas. Perhaps one of my favorite things about Rumor is the rain drip shower system that offers one of the best showers I have ever had.

It's always sunny and beautiful at Rumor as well. The hotel feels like it could be sitting in the middle of the Greek Islands with its combination of sun, white, and blue. I get the feeling that they brought in some skilled designers and architects to create this place for maximum interaction and friendliness. There are roughly 10 two--story buildings all built into a circle with a little stairwell between each building connecting you to the parking lot (behind a key-card gate) and to the second floor.

The hotel management is also very friendly to diverse groups and does a lot of group booking for takeovers. The bar is also really sexy, located next to the lobby and right near the pool. For one of our visits here, we booked a great conference room and ordered really high end, tasty hors d'ouevres. And the price was all reasonable.

The prices of the rooms are remarkably reasonable, particularly considering the value you get.

Oh yeah, and then there is my favorite point of all: Rumor actually went out and challenged Las Vegas dirtiest habit: The whole hotel is no smoking, so it's healthy to be in Las Vegas. Every time I used to come to Vegas I felt run down and needed a week to recover. This time, I write this review on my last day and feel just amazing.

Anyway, thanks Rumor for another amazing stay. I'll be back here in January and can't wait! And thanks to your great team who have treated us so well during this trip.

Room Tip: I love the suites but any room at Rumor is nice.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Dillon S, General Manager at Rumor Hotel, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Hi Calvin!

Thank you so much for all your kind words! We're so thrilled that you had such an amazing experience at our hotel! We're looking forward to seeing you again in January. Please feel free to contact me directly if you ever need assistance making reservations. Thanks again for taking the time to share your experience! We hope to see you again soon!

All the best,

Dillon Sweeney
(702) 369-5400
dsweeney@rumorvegas.com
Prices are for rooms, adults

Been to Rumor Hotel? Share your experiences!