“Awesome Staff!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #131 of 269 Hotels in Las Vegas
Huntington Station, New York
“Awesome Staff!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

A friend and I stayed at the Rumor for 5 nights over 4th of July weekend. The hotel itself may be smaller than most of the properties in Las Vegas but the rooms are actually bigger than most. The rooms are pretty new and kept very clean. The staff is young, friendly and awesome. Ben was an incredible waiter we met in the addiction lounge where we had breakfast everyday. I highly recommend the egg white frittata. I keep trying to recreate it at home with no luck lol. R Kelly behind the bar was awesome also. If you are looking to stay out of the hustle and bustle of Las Vegas Blvd but still close enough to enjoy it, then you should check out Rumor.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (147)
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

Hotel offers a very lush bed. Rooms are large and always worthy eh extra few bucks to upgrade to a suite. Did find it a little further from the strip as planned but all the same was a nice walk. I thought reception staff were a little vague but the Bar manager Venessa was very awesome and chatted and made a lone trip seem bare able. Only Downside was no restaurant.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014 via mobile

In a city known for large properties, this small boutique hotel stand out among them.

Checking in was quick, less than 15 min and we walked across the clean grounds to our ground floor suite in 5 mins.

Upon entering the suite, it's white leather couch, and separate sleeping area were a welcome site! Each room had separate climate control, a rare item in most suites I've stayed in.
The living room opened into the well maintained pool and courtyard area, comfy chairs were we could be out and enjoy the crisp spring nights of Las Vegas.

We stayed 2 nights and enjoyed it tremendously. I'd recommend staying at this great property and would so on our visit in the future.

• Stayed April 2014
Sacramento
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2014

Don't expect more than a comfortable bed. The tub in the room seems to leave a musty smell. The dark decor doesn't help. But it is reasonably priced and close to the strip. Nothing to be excited about and no big complaints.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014

I don't normally write reviews, so this may sound dis jointed or even rambling. However, I feel like I owe it generally to Rumor Boutique Hotel and specifically to Dillon to attempt to write one.

Initially, I had purchased a package deal to Vegas for a weekend with my wife as our first getaway from home without the kids in 6 years. After I read reviews of the strip property I was booked into I decided I didn't want to stay there. So I went searching for something else. What really stuck out to me was the fact that Dillon Sweeney, the general manager of Rumor, personally responded to every single comment on Trip Advisor whether it was good or bad. That, to me, speaks volumes about a business' level of concern for their customers happiness.

With that said, I booked a room...I am one of these people that can't leave well enough alone, and I found myself obsessing over the reservation a day later. I noticed that all of a sudden Rumor was running a special that was not available the previous day. Keep in mind my reservation was non refundable and non cancellable. I took a flyer and emailed Dillon who promptly got back to me and without hesitation gave me the lower rate...

I knew what to expect from all the reviews I had read. I knew the property was a remodel of a bad 1970's motel and I certainly wasn't expecting the Ritz Carlton. However, when we arrived, I was actually very impressed with how well they had done given what they had to work with. The decor was tasteful and everything in the front lobby was clean and presentable. We had showed up very early, but understood that our room would not be ready until 4.

Once we got to our room, again, I was very impressed....I had booked a deluxe suite with the bed and breakfast package. It came with the complimentary bottle of champagne as well as late check out. There really are no nit picks I can find. I had a few occasions I had to call the front desk for minor little things and those were quickly addressed...Probably the only speed bump over the entire weekend was having my wife notice after we got home to Oregon that I had been overcharged on the final invoice. A quick email to Dillon and it was quickly resolved..

I am the owner of a service business and I patronize businesses that offer service that goes above and beyond. Rumor did that and I can attribute that attitude to Dillon. Service always starts at the top. Without demolishing the entire property Rumor really has very little to work with. However, they have found a way to maximize what they have and turn it into a very quaint and quiet getaway from the madness of the strip.

If I ever have occasion to go back to Vegas I would happily stay at Rumor again..

Thanks to everyone at Rumor who helped us have a great weekend. And Dillon it was a pleasure meeting you!!

Mesa, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend and I checked in on a Sunday. The front desk staff lacked any personality but the check in was quick. When we got to our room it was clean and was decorated nicely. However the tv remote was broken, there was no iPod alarm clock/docking station in the room, and it took three calls to the front desk over a span of 7 hours to get these things taken care of as well as the missing complimentary champagne. The photos online were deceiving as far as the size of the bathroom goes and the same can be said for the phantom "Rumor" bath products which were never present. The maid service was excellent however and so was the bartender on the graveyard shift. He went out of his way to find us menus to after hours pizza restaurants. The one thing that was really unacceptable was that when we checked out the same attendant that checked us in tried to charge me twice for the resort fees when I had already paid them when I booked directly online through the hotel website. It took him awhile to figure out that I was right. I probably won't be staying at this hotel again but compared to some places in Vegas this place was okay.

• Stayed March 2014
Las Vegas, Nevada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

We are Las Vegas locals so we have been to most hotels in the area. Check-in service was pretty curt and you have to initial a large list of criteria that you do not receive a copy of. We had been out late at Hard Rock (great location for there) so we are not very quiet and early to bed people. First we were woken up by people fighting right outside our balcony window. They were throwing bottles and cursing and the only reason I felt safe was that we were on the 2nd floor. Then we were woken up again at 5:30am by the person in the room next to us. Walls are paper-thin! I could hear everything he said (drunkenly) into his phone apparently and then I could hear the person on his cell phone when he put it on speaker. I could hear it just as clear as if they were in the room with us!! That went on for over an hour. We would have called security but there are only 6 rooms on a hallway and he could have been the person fighting earlier so we did not want to risk being singled out. Just not worth the hassle and we will not stay there again

Room Tip: Try for the 2nd floor facing into the courtyard, not the street.