“Oily foot prints on the headboard!” 2 of 5 stars

Rumor Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   455 E. Harmon Ave., Las Vegas, NV 89169 (Paradise)   |
Ranked #129 of 272 Hotels in Las Vegas
Redlands, California
“Oily foot prints on the headboard!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2014

The on-line pictures and descriptions, plus lower price, prompted me to select this hotel over others. The staff members were super, however, my impression of the hotel quickly deteriorated after checking into my room. Hair in the sink, a bathroom floor that looked like it had not been recently swept, an older bathtub that was cracked and dirty-looking. The final disgusting straw? Oily foot prints on the headboard. The road noise did not help me get a decent night of sleep, either. I will NOT stay here again.

Room Tip: If you stay here, ask to see your room before committing.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Dillon S, General Manager at Rumor Hotel, responded to this review, February 10, 2014
Hi Caligirl,

Thank you for being our guest and taking the time to share your feedback. It is always appreciated. I'm hoping to speak with you further to get some more information about the issues you had and see what room you stayed in. We are absolutely committed to getting better everyday. I also want to make things right for you and hopefully we can earn you back as guest in the future! Please email me at dsweeney@rumorvegas.com. Thank you again! I look forward to speaking with you soon.

dsweeney@rumorvegas.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (135)
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014

The hotel modern design and big rooms was good and nice

But the room smelled ... though clesn when we checked in it was smelly ... so we had to air the room for an hour or so.... next day I was out all day... but when I got in my room wasnt tidied or cleaned and the bed wasnt done smd of course no fresh pair of towels which is disappointment after a long exhausting day out

Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Hi Sara,

Thank you so much for being our guest and taking the time to give us some feedback. I'm very sorry to hear that we missed servicing your room. Unless there is a Do Not Disturb sign on your door, your room should absolutely be serviced. I apologize that you had an unpleasant smell in your room. Please reach out to me at dsweeney@rumorvegas.com. I want to make sure I make this right for you! Thank you again for staying with us. I hope we're able to have the opportunity to serve you again!

2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014 via mobile

Worst hotel experience of my life and I've stayed in a lot of hotels.
First room I checked into smelled of weed and had dusty curtains and holes in the wall looking like a murder scene. The bathtub had long black hairs in it and was chipped paint that looked so dirty I wouldn't even take a foot bath in it.
The girl at the front was sweet enough to upgrade me to a bigger suite when I was going to my room I was harassed by pimp like men who made me feel very uncomfortable-surprise they were across the hall from my new room.
When I pulled back the blanket on the bed there were tiny pubes in the bed.
I immediately grabbed my bag and drove home forgoing my night out simply because I didn't want to come back to that room.

Never again.

• Stayed February 2014
Dillon S, General Manager at Rumor Hotel, responded to this review, February 5, 2014
Hello, I'm so sorry to hear about your experience. That is absolutely bizarre. If possible, I would like to speak with you to find out some more information and take a look at the rooms you were in. I would also like to make sure you are compensated for your stay. Please send me an email to dsweeney@rumorvegas.com. I promise to make this right for you. Thank you for letting us know about the issues you encountered. Its always very helpful to us. Thanks again, I look forward to speaking with you soon.

prescort
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014 via mobile

I loved seceral things about our stay here. Great location. Super quiet during our stay in January. Great shower & comfy beds. The room was clean & the bartenders really fun. However I booked a room with a patio by the pool & got a room with a view of the parking lot through windows that looked like sun-film had been peeled off. Even after I explained to the front desk what i had booked. & we never saw our free champagne.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Dillon S, General Manager at Rumor Hotel, responded to this review, January 31, 2014
Hi Rakini,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience! We really appreciate it! I'm very sorry that we weren't able to get you the room type you reserved. I would like to make that right, please send me an email to: dsweeney@rumorvegas.com. I promise that I will take care of you and I hope we're able to have you as a guest in the future! Thanks again!

Colorado Springs, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014

So...I'm too stupid to know how to review my last review titled "No Rumor. Hotel Sucks." That review was a one star and I had to change my view because the hotel manager contacted me! Wow. Dillon Sweeney requested I send an email to him personally after reviewing my previous post. I don't know about you but that tells me Dillon is on it from a customer service perspective. I can handle one bad nightshift employee if I know management has their act together. So...Dillon. Good work. You changed my opinion.

Room Tip: Very modern hotel right across from Hard Rock Hotel. Clean hotel. Good management.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Hi Bryan,

Thanks again for being our guest! I'm glad I was able to speak with you and I look forward to having you stay with us again in the future!

Colorado Springs, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014 via mobile

Security woke me up at midnight demanding to see my identification because they "did not know who was in the room". Wouldn't have been so bad except I had a flight at 5am the next morning. After reviewing my license and radioing down to the front desk they said okay. They were sorry and that they would fix everything in the morning.

I went back to bed. The next morning I expected free breakfast or some type of discount. They said sorry and asked for my credit card...to charge the resort fee. Really? That's your solution? A hotel's primary purpose is to be able to sleep. I expected more.

• Stayed January 2014
Dillon S, General Manager at Rumor Hotel, responded to this review, January 28, 2014
Hi Bryan,

I'm so sorry to hear about the incident you had. I promise I will make that right with you. Please send me an email to: dsweeney@rumorvegas.com. I agree that what you encountered is unacceptable and I will absolutely compensate you further. Thanks for letting me know and giving me the opportunity to make it right.

Hotel Manager
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

Excellent customer service, very nice property. Girls at the front desk were very nice specially front desk manager Elizabeth! Will definitely be staying here again!! If you happen to eat at their restaurant I recommend the break sliders, very delicious!!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Dillon S, General Manager at Rumor Hotel, responded to this review, January 23, 2014
Hi Jessica! Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience! I'm so happy to hear that the front desk girls took care of you and you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for your kind works regarding our Front Office Manager Liz...she is the best! I'm glad you enjoyed the breakfast sliders! That is everyone's favorite! I hope we have the opportunity to serve you again. Please feel free to contact me any time!

Dillon Sweeney,
Hotel Manager
dsweeney@rumorvegas.com

Been to Rumor Hotel? Share your experiences!