“So bad I drove homeTo sleep” 2 of 5 stars

You added Rumor Hotel to your Saves list
Rumor Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   455 E. Harmon Ave., Las Vegas, NV 89169 (Paradise)   |
Ranked #128 of 271 Hotels in Las Vegas
“So bad I drove homeTo sleep”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014 via mobile

Worst hotel experience of my life and I've stayed in a lot of hotels.
First room I checked into smelled of weed and had dusty curtains and holes in the wall looking like a murder scene. The bathtub had long black hairs in it and was chipped paint that looked so dirty I wouldn't even take a foot bath in it.
The girl at the front was sweet enough to upgrade me to a bigger suite when I was going to my room I was harassed by pimp like men who made me feel very uncomfortable-surprise they were across the hall from my new room.
When I pulled back the blanket on the bed there were tiny pubes in the bed.
I immediately grabbed my bag and drove home forgoing my night out simply because I didn't want to come back to that room.

Never again.

• Stayed February 2014
Dillon S, General Manager at Rumor Hotel, responded to this review, February 5, 2014
Hello, I'm so sorry to hear about your experience. That is absolutely bizarre. If possible, I would like to speak with you to find out some more information and take a look at the rooms you were in. I would also like to make sure you are compensated for your stay. Please send me an email to dsweeney@rumorvegas.com. I promise to make this right for you. Thank you for letting us know about the issues you encountered. Its always very helpful to us. Thanks again, I look forward to speaking with you soon.

dsweeney@rumorvegas.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
prescort
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014 via mobile

I loved seceral things about our stay here. Great location. Super quiet during our stay in January. Great shower & comfy beds. The room was clean & the bartenders really fun. However I booked a room with a patio by the pool & got a room with a view of the parking lot through windows that looked like sun-film had been peeled off. Even after I explained to the front desk what i had booked. & we never saw our free champagne.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Dillon S, General Manager at Rumor Hotel, responded to this review, January 31, 2014
Hi Rakini,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience! We really appreciate it! I'm very sorry that we weren't able to get you the room type you reserved. I would like to make that right, please send me an email to: dsweeney@rumorvegas.com. I promise that I will take care of you and I hope we're able to have you as a guest in the future! Thanks again!

Colorado Springs, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014

So...I'm too stupid to know how to review my last review titled "No Rumor. Hotel Sucks." That review was a one star and I had to change my view because the hotel manager contacted me! Wow. Dillon Sweeney requested I send an email to him personally after reviewing my previous post. I don't know about you but that tells me Dillon is on it from a customer service perspective. I can handle one bad nightshift employee if I know management has their act together. So...Dillon. Good work. You changed my opinion.

Room Tip: Very modern hotel right across from Hard Rock Hotel. Clean hotel. Good management.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Hi Bryan,

Thanks again for being our guest! I'm glad I was able to speak with you and I look forward to having you stay with us again in the future!

Colorado Springs, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014 via mobile

Security woke me up at midnight demanding to see my identification because they "did not know who was in the room". Wouldn't have been so bad except I had a flight at 5am the next morning. After reviewing my license and radioing down to the front desk they said okay. They were sorry and that they would fix everything in the morning.

I went back to bed. The next morning I expected free breakfast or some type of discount. They said sorry and asked for my credit card...to charge the resort fee. Really? That's your solution? A hotel's primary purpose is to be able to sleep. I expected more.

• Stayed January 2014
Dillon S, General Manager at Rumor Hotel, responded to this review, January 28, 2014
Hi Bryan,

I'm so sorry to hear about the incident you had. I promise I will make that right with you. Please send me an email to: dsweeney@rumorvegas.com. I agree that what you encountered is unacceptable and I will absolutely compensate you further. Thanks for letting me know and giving me the opportunity to make it right.

Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

Excellent customer service, very nice property. Girls at the front desk were very nice specially front desk manager Elizabeth! Will definitely be staying here again!! If you happen to eat at their restaurant I recommend the break sliders, very delicious!!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Dillon S, General Manager at Rumor Hotel, responded to this review, January 23, 2014
Hi Jessica! Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience! I'm so happy to hear that the front desk girls took care of you and you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for your kind works regarding our Front Office Manager Liz...she is the best! I'm glad you enjoyed the breakfast sliders! That is everyone's favorite! I hope we have the opportunity to serve you again. Please feel free to contact me any time!

Dillon Sweeney,
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014 via mobile

The room was good. The food is good and is priced decently, especially for Vegas. But the wait service at the restaurant and room service took forever. An hour for breakfast, 35 minutes for yogurt through room service. Besides that the place is good. The layout is nice, calm, relaxing. A good retreat from the rest of vegas

• Stayed January 2014
Dillon S, General Manager at Rumor Hotel, responded to this review, January 24, 2014
Hi Jae,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience. Your feedback is much appreciated. I'm so glad you enjoyed your room and your stay overall. I'm disappointed to hear that you received slow room service. I will definitely be following up with my staff to see what the circumstances were. Thank you again for letting us know. We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again. Please feel free to email me any time you are planning future travel to Las Vegas. We would love to have you back!

Martensville
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

We are actually mid-stay at Rumor right now. The staff have been very nice and super-accommodating, but due to being unlucky enough to have been granted the neighbours from hell last night our stay has been tarnished. We were very happy upon arrival to be allowed to check in early into our lovely first floor courtyard/ pool view, room. The bed was fantastic and super comfy and the view lovely with easy access. Last night, In the middle of the night we were forced to due an impromptu room switch as it seemed there were a hundred ppl in the room next door screaming at the tops of their lungs and blasting insanely loud music. Unfortunately I am completely underwhelmed by our new room which is now second floor, with no outside access, only small windows and a view of a side parking lot and bushes. We also lost our jetted tub, this one is a soaker only, and have an uncomfortable sagging a creaking bed, and have to haul luggage up and down stairs. The closet door was hanging half in and half out of the closet when we moved in and the smoke detector over the bed has been beeping at random times through the night. Also the airplane noise that we didn't notice in our first lovely room is also putting a damper on things. To sum things up, all rooms are not created equal. Totally bummed out that we had to relocate and that the new room is definitely a step down from the first :(

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Hi Tracy,

Thank you for taking the time to share your "mid-trip" experience. I hope things turned around for you. I'm very sorry to hear about the unfortunate events that caused you to move to a room that you didn't like. I would like to make it up to you. Please contact me through my email or give the hotel a call. I want to make sure we keep you as a repeat guest! Thanks again for the feedback. It is always appreciated!

dsweeney@rumorvegas.com

Been to Rumor Hotel? Share your experiences!