“Quaint and sexy!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #133 of 269 Hotels in Las Vegas
omaha
“Quaint and sexy!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

Just far enough off the strip, but close enough to the action. Modern, swanky, Large, Sexy rooms and a great pool with lovely cabanas. Can't wait to visit again. Oh...and pet friendly for your Diva Doggies!

Room Tip: all rooms are pretty much good rooms...try the Oasis Suite for an extra splurge : )
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dillon S, General Manager at Rumor Hotel, responded to this review, January 6, 2014
Thank you so much for sharing your experience! I'm so glad you had a great stay. I love the away you describe the vibe of our rooms and hotel. Thank you for sharing your photo as well. Those are some amazing boots! I hope we have the opportunity to serve you again! Please feel free to email me any time!

Cheers,

dsweeney@rumorvegas.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (149)
San Antonio, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

We checked into Rumors at 12:30 am weary from delayed flight and just wanted to check in. This is a small hotel, checkin was long, only one clerk, 3 ahead took almost 25 minutes. We got a great rate online from Hotel-Tonight, so all we needed to do is present a credit Card for incidentals.

Got our room key, went to our room on 2nd floor, upon opening the door , found it had luggage about, and beds were unmade. Oops, this room is taken. Went back downstairs, clerk apologized, "I made you a key to wrong room!" Scary how unsafe your personal effects are in your room.

Went back upstairs to our correct room, put key in reader, nothing, went back down to Front Desk, a new clerk said, "this key is not programmed correctly". He got Hotel Security to escort us back to the room with a new key card; third time was a charm.
The room was very nice, king side bed, modern furnishing, flat screen TV, and even had a balcony overlooking pool area. Bathroom larger than most, standup shower and really hip sink.

Woke up and checked out next day to continue our trip at our Strip Hotel. Person in line ahead of us was complaining about charges on their bill, and the Front Desk clerk was not handling it well. So about 15 mins later got up to the front desk to check out to an expected $0 balance but was informed of a $11 Resort Fee. At this point I just paid it, cause we got such a good rate, but hindsight should have not.
Checked into our strip hotel, and then my wife realized she left a faux leopard jacket back at the room. So I called back and after 15 minute hold, I gave the clerk my room number, and that we just checked out 45 mins earlier and about the jacket. They said they would get with housekeeping and call me back.
Well they did not , and 6 calls and 6 promises later, nobody called. My wife called 3 days later and finally spoke to housekeeping and they said no jacket was found. She asked for a manager to call back. And 5 days and counting no return call.

I think this is a fine example of substance over service. Rumor Hotel is very nice property, but with service like we received , I can and will not recommend this hotel to anyone.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Hi Mario,

Thank you for being our guest and taking the time to share your feedback. I do apologize about the issues regarding your check-in experience. And I'm very sorry to hear we weren't able to locate your wife's jacket. I will speak with my Housekeeping Manager again about the matter. We have very good recovery rate on lost and found items and it's rare that we're not able to find something for our guests. Please send me an email so I have your contact information. I want to make sure we make this right for you.

Canton, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

Great service, rooms were super nice! Definitely will stay there again! Hotel was easy to find. It is right across from the Hard Rock Cafe! Employees were very friendly and were very prompt when called.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Hi Theresa! Thank you so much for your "awesome" review! I'm so happy you had a great time and enjoyed your Vegas vacation! Can't wait for you to come back! Please feel free to email me any time you are planning future travel to Las Vegas!

Thanks Again,

Tucson, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

We stopped off at this hotel on a whim while traveling through Vegas. We had small dogs and the hotel is pet friendly, that and the price was right. I didn't expect such a wonderful experience. The staff was friendly, we were offered an upgrade to a full suite for only $10. Because we booked direct they gave us a free bottle of champagne. Room was spotless and huge, with a separate bedroom with a massive tub in it. The hotel is also close enough to the strip to walk (about a mile). And our cab ride home that evening was only $12 with tip. Totally awesome.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you so much for your review! I'm glad your whim brought you to us! And I'm glad you had a great stay! Thank you for mentioning the complimentary bottle of champagne for booking directly with us. That is a helpful tip that our future guests will appreciate! We're happy to have had your dog stay with us as well. We are very pet friendly! Not many hotels in our area allow for pets, let alone have their own dog park! Next time, you'll have to try our "Pamper Your Pooch" package! It includes an upgrade to a Deluxe Suite, a pet bed and doggie bowl to keep, plus some treats and bottled water. Please email me any time you are planning future travel to Las Vegas! We would love to have you as our guest again!

Take Care,

Long Island, Ny
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013

What a great find thanks to an iOS app. Almost overpaid elsewhere for an underwhelming place, but I digress. It's truly a boutique hotel (notwithstanding th snarky review I just read, wonder what kind of burr got under his blanket), primarily for its size.

Try to get the attention of staff at a resort with 1000+ rooms. You won't, but everyone at Rumor was quick to help. The one time there was a problem I was comped. The big hotels couldn't possibly be bothered to notice.

Some reviews complained about "shabbiness" and I was worried, but had no reason for worry. There's normal wear and tear to anything like a hotel, and my room was fine. Ask for a room with a soaking tub, this was a great way to relax.

There are plenty of places to eat well within walking distance, from sandwiches to German food to the array of restaurants and other activities at a major casino-hotel.

Best of all, my bed was really comfortable, the ultimate reason to choose a hotel. I'll be back!

Room Tip: Ask for the soaking tub! all rooms are easy to get to, not something you can say at a large place wh...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Dillon S, General Manager at Rumor Hotel, responded to this review, January 2, 2014
Hello, thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience! I'm so glad that you enjoyed your stay! We are definitely customer service focused and strive to make everyone feel like a VIP! Thank you for helpful tip! Our future guests will appreciate having the soaking tub in their rooms! All of our Deluxe Suites with King beds come standard with an elevated soaking tub. Some of our Junior Suites do as well. I'm happy to assist with reserving one of those tubs in the future. Please feel free to email me any time you are planning on returning to Las Vegas! We would love to have you as our guest again!

Hope you have a wonderful New Year!

Scottsdale, Arizona
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013

Not many years ago RUMOR was a scabby Motel called St Tropez... then it got a facelift, some white paint and some funky furniture.

It's a SCAM to other so called Boutique Hotels to call RUMOR a Boutique Hotel. A little paint and some funky furniture is not enough to list it as a Boutique Hotel, RUMOR is nothing but a simple MOTEL !

The RESORT FEE (in our case almost 15 percent of the nightly rate) is another SCAM since RUMORS is not a RESORT... and you get nothing for it !

And, because of the location the "MOTEL RUMORS, should have a shuttle since it's hard to get a taxi and the reception will not call for one if you ask.

The breakfast was under all standards... and on top of that ridiculously expensive for what it turned out to be. A cup of coffee or tea at a simple MOTEL should be FREE.

What do you get for your "RESORT FEE?” In almost all cases, nothing you don't get included in the basic rate at a Super 8 or Holiday Inn. The fees are also explained by the resorts as a way to cover the cost of free self-parking, lounge entertainment, pool access, and pool towels.

The FREE self parking is not FREE if you pay a RESORT FEE to park at an ordinary, not guarded, parking lot. The rest is not FREE either, especially if it’s not even offered !

RUMOR is nothing but a simple MOTEL camouflaged with some new white paint that soon fades away.

Have anyone ever heard about a "MOTEL FEE," @ a Super 8 Motel ???

Richard Hagglof, Travel writer & photographer

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Dillon S, General Manager at Rumor Hotel, responded to this review, December 29, 2013
Hi Richard,

Thank you for feedback. I'm sorry to hear that you were not pleased with your stay and our resort fee of $11.99. It is 50-75% less than what you will have to pay at some of the other area properties. It includes your WiFi access, 2 bottle of water per day, access to our amenities and our adult channel. At many of the other properties in the area, you will have to pay a WiFi fee on top of your resort fee as well. If you have any other specific issues, I would be more than happy to discuss with you. I want our customers to be 100% satisfied with their stay. Please either call or email me at your earliest convenience. I want to make sure we reach a resolution that is to your satisfaction.

I hope you have a wonderful New Year!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013

I have been to many hotels in the Vegas area; strip hotels, off-strip hotels, other Vegas hotels. This is by far my favorite off-strip hotel. Although it's not that far off but far enough you might need a car or taxi ride. The service there was stellar. From the time I pulled up until my departure, there is not one bad thing I can say about the outstanding service. Everyone was very pleasant and helpful, especially Sabina, Liz, and Dillion, they rock!!! The rooms are pretty cool for the price. I loved that the TVs swiveled because we set both up to sit on each side of the room so no matter which way you were laying in the room you could clearly see the tv. The rain shower was awesome. We never even had to go out for breakfast or ice. They brought our breakfast everyday and it was free and every time we needed ice someone brought to us. Outside they have hammocks which are very relaxing and a great jacuzzi since it was too cold for the pool and nice bit plush couches all over for you to lounge and read a book or nap. The price is good and reasonable. Again I can't wait to go back!!!

• Stayed December 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience! We're so glad that you had an amazing time! Thank you for recognizing my staff for their "outstanding service." We love to go above and beyond! I hope you will be visiting us again soon...especially come pool season! Please feel free to email me any time!

Take care,

dsweeney@rumorvegas.com

Been to Rumor Hotel? Share your experiences!