“The best hotel in Las Vegas” 5 of 5 stars

Rumor Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   455 E. Harmon Ave., Las Vegas, NV 89169 (The Strip)   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #140 of 270 Hotels in Las Vegas
“The best hotel in Las Vegas”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

I loved this hotel! It is located off the strip so it is quiet and yet pretty close to a lot of action i.e. The Hardrock Cafe, a great Italian restaurant and close to the convention center and the airport. The rooms are nicely decorated and very modern -great shower. I loved the swimming area with lounge beds, cabanas, contemporary music not too loud. All the staff was helpful, a good bar and restaurant; I only wished the restaurant was opened for more than just breakfast.
This hotel changed my opinion of Las Vegas-now I really like the city!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dillon S, General Manager at Rumor Hotel, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Hi Paula,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel! We're thrilled that you enjoyed your stay and that we changed your opinion of Las Vegas! Hopefully the next time you visit us, our restaurant hours will be back to normal. We currently only offer dinner on Friday and Saturday evening. Our Executive Chef Steve Ausin is currently putting together an amazing new menu that we expect to launch before the end of the year. It's going to be amazing! I would love to have you come back and taste some of his new creations the next time you are in town. Please contact me any time you are planning a trip back to Las Vegas. We look forward to serving you again!

dsweeney@rumorvegas.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (157)
Montgomery, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

This is a true diamond in the rough. The rooms are great, they have soaking tubs and rain showers in the bathroom. The lounge is great the bartenders are very knowledgeable. The hotel is across from the Hard Rock and there is a convinience store, subway and liquor store on the corner of the hotel. Excellent Choice

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Dillon S, General Manager at Rumor Hotel, responded to this review, October 20, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel! We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay! Please come back and visit us again! I'm happy to assist you with any future travel to Las Vegas!

Las Vegas, Nevada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

The hotel has a trendy vibe. The decor is young and new. Crazy statues everywhere -kinda creepy. The staff was friendly and polite. Questionable people were walking around the lobby - Did not feel safe. The room was spacious but small tv in the living room. I was glad to see that the room had a large tub. The let down to that was that the tub was SO DIRTY. I ran the water to see if I could clean it but lint was caked on the drain. DISGUSTING! NO WAY!!! The bed was too soft and the pillows not good. This hotel needs a major cleaning!!!! Not going back!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dillon S, General Manager at Rumor Hotel, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel. I would love the opportunity to speak with you further about your stay. We absolutely pride ourselves on being a unique and fun property for our guests. And customer service and hotel cleaniliness are our top concerns. Please contact me any time at (702) 369-5400 or dsweeney@rumorvegas.com.

Grapevine, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

We booked a room via their website and got upgraded to a delux suite and a bottle of champagne (had to call three times to get it delivered) when we got there. We were happy with our room - older hotel with a recent, trendy facelift - but one of the other rooms in our group was dirty (fingernail clippings on the floor amd dirt in the tub). Great location - basically a $10 cab ride everywhere and walking distance to a couple places to get staple goods. Don't forget anything because they nickle and dime you for everything (including early check in). Cabbie on the way out told us it was a notorious swingers spot but we saw none of that.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I'm happy that you enjoyed your room. I would love to speak with you more about your stay. Please contact me anytime at (702) 369-5400 or dsweeney@rumorvegas.com

Palm Springs, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

We picked this hotel because it looked modern and trendy on the website, a cool atmosphere for younger adults. Check-in-staff was fairly friendly, however check-in time is 4:00; as we arrived at 3:45, they still charged us an early check in fee. They do not have elevators, but the bellhop was friendly and helpful. The bathroom shower had not been cleaned properly, and the mirrors were dirty. The pool looked nice but the Jacuzzi water was freezing cold. There was no soaking tub in the suite and no bathrobes as shown in the website pictures. No real amenities to speak of, no coffee pot. microwave, and no frig. Great location, but cannot say we would ever stay here again. Upon departure, my husband left his cell phone in the room but naturally, housekeeping "never found it." Bell hop and valet were friendly and courteous, but the front desk offered poor customer service.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Hi Cheryl,

Thank you so much for your review. I would love to speak with you about your stay. If you were charged an early check-in fee, I will absolutely take care of that for you. I apologize that you didn't receive a soaking tub. Some of our junior suites and deluxe two queen suites do not have them. I would love to have you as a guest of the hotel again. Please contact me at (702) 369-5400 or dsweeney@rumorvegas.com.

Thanks again,

Las Vegas, Nevada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

I'm a local here in Las Vegas and on occasion my wife and I like to leave the house and have a fun night out where we can have some fun and not worry about driving home after a few drinks. Rumor is not new to me, having been in their suites a few times when friends were in town that stayed there and a year ago my wife and I stayed in their Oasis suite and thought it was really cool and hip. Our most recent stay however, the experience was not so great when we got the same suite again...the two bedroom Oasis suite as it was offered at a really low rate for a weekday, off season.

We arrived on a Thursday at 4PM, check-in time. Everything was self-park, which was fine. We walked in and the front-desk woman was very short with us and not particularly friendly. We were both thirsty so I asked where the vending machines were. "Sorry, there aren't any on property. If you want a drink you can order something at the bar" said the front desk girl. OK, so we walked 10 feet over to their bar and waited a few minutes until a "bartender" arrived. We asked for two diet cokes and they were priced to an equivalent of a nightclub price. Stupid. We also asked about food and the kitchen was closed. While walking to our room we noticed on one of the doors leading to the outside that said that no outside food or drink is permitted anywhere on the property. Obviously these guys think of this place as some sort of prison. We went to our room and notice immediately it had a horrible musky smell inside. We had to open the windows just to air the room out. We wanted to adjust the air conditioning when we came in and noticed that there were two units but only one remote, which was really odd. In a similar fashion, there were two TVs in the suite, one in each room. The remote for the TV in the bedroom was there but the one in the living room was missing so the TV in there didn't work.

A few things we noticed about the suite right away was that it was so damn dark inside. I never remember it being that way and I know they want to create a mood but you almost are tripping over the furniture even with all the lights on. While hanging out in the room for a few minutes while my wife freshened up someone from Housekeeping barged in. "Oh, I'm so sorry...I was told to show the suite and they said that nobody was occupied in this one! I'm sorry! I'm Sorry!!!" That sure was odd.

We left and came back to the room later that night and thought it would be fun to hop in the tub. When we turned the water on we noticed that the paint/enamel on the bottom of the tub had huge chips missing. It looked terrible and my wife decided that the condition gave her some concerns so we didn't use it. We crashed and woke up the next morning. We opened the drapes to the windows and now that we had some daylight coming into the room we could see just how filthy it was. The carpet looked like it hadn't been vacuumed in a while. The round table by the entrance door looked terrible. Underneath the glass on top the table looked disgusting. Our favorite laugh came when we looked at the white sofa that had a huge burn from an iron on one of the cushions. You'd think they'd flip that cushion over to hide that but no. There just is no attention to any detail in this place. It seems as though it's run by a bunch of amateurs and now that their flash-in-the-pan fame of being a unique and original boutique hotel has come and gone, they just don't care about maintaining the place and any supervision of the hotel staff is completely absent. A once cool place has now dropped in quality to the equivalent of a Budget Suites or Motel 6. I used to recommend this hotel to everyone coming to Vegas but now it's an embarrassment.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for taking the time to review your stay. We love our Vegas Locals and I'm very sorry to hear about the issues you had. I hope you will give us a chance to wow you again! I want to personally invite you back as my guest. Please contact me any time at (702) 369-5400 or dsweeney@rumorvegas.com.

Thanks again,

San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

I go to Las Vegas regularly and usually stay at a large hotel with a casino. I'm so glad I stayed at Rumor Hotel this time. The suites were spacious and had a hip-retro Vegas decor. The lobby was welcoming--check out the pig statue when you go. The check-in staff was welcoming and helpful. The night staff was prompt with my requests. Nonsmoking rooms were a real treat, and I loved how quickly I got from my room to my car. I look forward to returning to Rumor Hotel soon.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Dillon S, Manager at Rumor Hotel, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
Dear Leslye,
I would like to thank you for staying with us on your last trip to Las Vegas. I am really happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and you liked our hotel. I will pass your comments on to the housekeeping, maintenance and front desk staff to let them know that they helped make your stay great. We look forward to having you stay with us again in the future.