“Exceeded my expectations!!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #139 of 269 Hotels in Las Vegas
La Verne, California
“Exceeded my expectations!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

On the weekend of Aug. 23rd I stayed in the Deluxe Oasis Suite 1901 at Rumors. I had read some reviews that worried me a little bit but when I arrived I was warmly greeted by staff and surprised at how great my room was. It was spacious with a bar area, and plenty of outlets. I plugged a thumbdrive with some pics into the smaller tv in the living room and played a slideshow on repeat using the remote....it worked great. I never had a problem turning up the music due to the solid walls. The jaccuzzi in the bedroom was big and surrounded by mirrors. My patio had a nice pool view slightly blocked by cabanas. Perfect for the weekend I had planned. The only negative was the silly Cabana rental games. I was originally told it would be free, then $50, and then $250. So, on Sat. the 24th it was drizzling, the pool area was almost empty, so I asked the pool manager Brittany again how much.....she wouldn't budge...$250. They lost some money as we ended up spending it at the Haufbrauhaus next door on a great dinner and at the Paradise Cantina happy hour. Overall Rumor's was great...clean....with a fun, party atmosphere. I would highly recommend it.

• Stayed August 2013
Michael M, General Manager at Rumor Hotel, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
I am happy to read the comments about your recent stay and glad that you found the location and amenities of our hotel to your satisfaction. I apologize for the confusion on the cabanas.

Hope to see you return soon....

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (156)
Fredericksburg, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

Wanted to thank Rumor Resort Hotel for taking my family and myself in. I called in a frenzy at 3 am after finding roaches in my suite at the Alexis Park Resort. I was given a great rate, they held the room until I knew what the Alexis was going to do, then extended the same rate to the rest of the family. Rooms were classy, staff was great, pool area was outstanding. Thanks to all.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
We appreciate the opportunity to serve the needs of your family reunion! We look forward to hosting more of your family functions in the future

Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

If you want to get away from The Strip's hustle and bustle, this is the place to be. Quiet, cozy, romantic. Spacious grounds and rooms. The room modern design and has a separate sitting area for lounging around. A good value room. I got a pool facing room on the ground floor and was able to relax in the small terrace facing the pool every morning.

Location wise it is just 10mins from the Strip!! Would come again.

Room Tip: Choose rooms on the ground floor as there is no lifts in the compound, ground floor rooms have bette...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay at Rumor. Hope to see you return in the near future

St. George, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

My husband and I stayed at Rumor for our honeymoon and want to visit again every year on our anniversary. The room was very romantic and the pool and layout of the place was fun. It was just like being on the beach somewhere, you wouldn't have guessed we were in vegas. If you are looking for romance, this is the place.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Congradulations on getting married!
Thanks for your kind comments about your recent stay with us.

Hope to see you soon.
Ruston, Louisiana, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

We missed our flight out on Sunday morning and needed a place to stay in Vegas for one extra night. We were looking for a cheap room, and found that Rumor had great rates, so we booked through Expedia. Called early to see if we could get an early check in- they didn't have any rooms available- disappointing, but not a huge deal.
At check in, front desk seemed a bit distracted and lost but they got us checked in. I understand the preauthorization fee since I've worked in hotels before, but thankfully we were only staying one night- i understand that it's $75 per night!
The clerk upgraded our room, which we were pleasantly surprised by- lovely decor (a bit too dark, though), comfy bed, large jacuzzi tub (although it would be nice to be prompted about the jets that do not work), and patio for my boyfriend who smokes. It was quiet because it's a Sunday, so I have no complaints.
At check out, there was no valet but the front desk clerk was happy to grab us a cab (very quickly, I might add.
All in all, a great value for what we needed. You get a luxury feel for a good price. A few complaints/suggestions:
- No coffee maker in the room?! Thank you for the complimentary water bottles, but if breakfast service doesn't start until 8, I'd like something to get me going before then.
- Security needs A LOT of improvements. No security guards or police around to speak of, no keyed entry to the guest room halls, no keyed entry to the lobby after hours, sliding glass doors on the patio are an easy target for a break-in. Glad we had nothing of the sort, but I can see this being a problem.
- Pool area seemed a little dirty.

I'd stay here again. Great environment and value for the price. Would not recommend for kids, but I would for a couple of adults looking for a getaway.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your kind words. We appreciate the opportunity to welcome you to the Siegel Experience and appreciate your business. Thank you for the tips on how we can enhance our services, we are always listening to our Guests. Thanks again for choosing Rumor
New York, New York, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

I stayed here for one night a few weeks ago. The hotel is definitely geared towards adults, with its topless (optional) pool area and free adult channel, so I'm not sure I'd bring children here.

The rooms are nice, modern and stylish. Everything was very clean and fully functional. The bed was very comfortable, and the rainshower was a nice touch. The safe was even large enough to hold a 15" MacBook Pro Retina, which is a huge plus.

I definitely enjoyed my stay, but I'm not sure I'd return unless the price were right. I say this because it's located off the strip, albeit not too far, so (for the right price) it's worth it if you don't mind walking or taking a cab.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Just wanted to thank you for your recent stay here at our hotel! So glad we were able to IMPRESS you with the Siegel experience. We look forward to seeing you soon.

Please do not hesitate to reach out to me personally on your next resevration.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013 via mobile

The staff was really great and eager to help. The decor is really unique and fun. However, I stayed in a Mega Suite, which looked absolutely amazing in the pics...but not so impressive once I got there. I couldn't wait to use the gigantic shower, but was disappointed to find out that the water was only luke warm. When trying to get some work done during the day, the wireless kept going out and wasn't able to be fixed. The hotel has easy access to Hard Rock across the street, but that's about it...we had to can it everywhere else.

• Stayed February 2013
Michael M, General Manager at Rumor Hotel, responded to this review, August 9, 2013
Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience. I am happy to hear you found the staff friendly and helpful . We look forward to serving your travel needs at our hotel should you return to the area.