“Thanks for saving our reunion” 5 of 5 stars

Rumor Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   455 E. Harmon Ave., Las Vegas, NV 89169 (The Strip)   |
Ranked #128 of 272 Hotels in Las Vegas
Fredericksburg, Virginia
“Thanks for saving our reunion”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

Wanted to thank Rumor Resort Hotel for taking my family and myself in. I called in a frenzy at 3 am after finding roaches in my suite at the Alexis Park Resort. I was given a great rate, they held the room until I knew what the Alexis was going to do, then extended the same rate to the rest of the family. Rooms were classy, staff was great, pool area was outstanding. Thanks to all.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Michael M, General Manager at Rumor Hotel, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
We appreciate the opportunity to serve the needs of your family reunion! We look forward to hosting more of your family functions in the future

Have a great day

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (138)
Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

If you want to get away from The Strip's hustle and bustle, this is the place to be. Quiet, cozy, romantic. Spacious grounds and rooms. The room modern design and has a separate sitting area for lounging around. A good value room. I got a pool facing room on the ground floor and was able to relax in the small terrace facing the pool every morning.

Location wise it is just 10mins from the Strip!! Would come again.

Room Tip: Choose rooms on the ground floor as there is no lifts in the compound, ground floor rooms have bette...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay at Rumor. Hope to see you return in the near future

St. George, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

My husband and I stayed at Rumor for our honeymoon and want to visit again every year on our anniversary. The room was very romantic and the pool and layout of the place was fun. It was just like being on the beach somewhere, you wouldn't have guessed we were in vegas. If you are looking for romance, this is the place.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Congradulations on getting married!
Thanks for your kind comments about your recent stay with us.

Hope to see you soon.
Ruston, Louisiana, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

We missed our flight out on Sunday morning and needed a place to stay in Vegas for one extra night. We were looking for a cheap room, and found that Rumor had great rates, so we booked through Expedia. Called early to see if we could get an early check in- they didn't have any rooms available- disappointing, but not a huge deal.
At check in, front desk seemed a bit distracted and lost but they got us checked in. I understand the preauthorization fee since I've worked in hotels before, but thankfully we were only staying one night- i understand that it's $75 per night!
The clerk upgraded our room, which we were pleasantly surprised by- lovely decor (a bit too dark, though), comfy bed, large jacuzzi tub (although it would be nice to be prompted about the jets that do not work), and patio for my boyfriend who smokes. It was quiet because it's a Sunday, so I have no complaints.
At check out, there was no valet but the front desk clerk was happy to grab us a cab (very quickly, I might add.
All in all, a great value for what we needed. You get a luxury feel for a good price. A few complaints/suggestions:
- No coffee maker in the room?! Thank you for the complimentary water bottles, but if breakfast service doesn't start until 8, I'd like something to get me going before then.
- Security needs A LOT of improvements. No security guards or police around to speak of, no keyed entry to the guest room halls, no keyed entry to the lobby after hours, sliding glass doors on the patio are an easy target for a break-in. Glad we had nothing of the sort, but I can see this being a problem.
- Pool area seemed a little dirty.

I'd stay here again. Great environment and value for the price. Would not recommend for kids, but I would for a couple of adults looking for a getaway.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your kind words. We appreciate the opportunity to welcome you to the Siegel Experience and appreciate your business. Thank you for the tips on how we can enhance our services, we are always listening to our Guests. Thanks again for choosing Rumor
New York, New York, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

I stayed here for one night a few weeks ago. The hotel is definitely geared towards adults, with its topless (optional) pool area and free adult channel, so I'm not sure I'd bring children here.

The rooms are nice, modern and stylish. Everything was very clean and fully functional. The bed was very comfortable, and the rainshower was a nice touch. The safe was even large enough to hold a 15" MacBook Pro Retina, which is a huge plus.

I definitely enjoyed my stay, but I'm not sure I'd return unless the price were right. I say this because it's located off the strip, albeit not too far, so (for the right price) it's worth it if you don't mind walking or taking a cab.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Just wanted to thank you for your recent stay here at our hotel! So glad we were able to IMPRESS you with the Siegel experience. We look forward to seeing you soon.

Please do not hesitate to reach out to me personally on your next resevration.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013 via mobile

The staff was really great and eager to help. The decor is really unique and fun. However, I stayed in a Mega Suite, which looked absolutely amazing in the pics...but not so impressive once I got there. I couldn't wait to use the gigantic shower, but was disappointed to find out that the water was only luke warm. When trying to get some work done during the day, the wireless kept going out and wasn't able to be fixed. The hotel has easy access to Hard Rock across the street, but that's about it...we had to can it everywhere else.

• Stayed February 2013
Michael M, General Manager at Rumor Hotel, responded to this review, August 9, 2013
Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience. I am happy to hear you found the staff friendly and helpful . We look forward to serving your travel needs at our hotel should you return to the area.

Las Vegas, Nevada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

I'm a Las Vegas local so I hate to say this about a place in my hometown but if you're coming to LV for a visit DO NOT stay at this place! I recently booked a weekend here as a quick getaway for my lover and I. It was awful, truly terrible.
The air conditioning was a wall unit that couldn't keep the room below 80 degrees. When I opened it up to see if there was anything I could do I noticed that the removable filters were caked with crud. It looked like it had never been tended to so I took the filters and washed them off in the shower. This helped with the airflow but the unit was still unable to cool the room.
The room was supposed to come equipped with an iPod docking clock radio, of course it wasn't there and in fact there was no clock or radio of any kind in the room at all. The wallpaper in the bathroom was peeling off the wall and it was gross and dirty. The door frames were beat up and in serious need of a paint job and the entrance door looked like someone had tried to break in on more than one occasion.
I reserved a cabana at the pool which was supposed to come with a fridge full of cold bottled water. It was a rusty filthy mess with gum stuck on the carpet and the cushions were covered with dirt and stained, and of course no bottled water. When I asked the front desk staff (totally clueless) if there was someone I could speak with about the cabana I was told that the lady who was in charge of them (?) was at lunch but she would come out and speak with us as soon as she returned. Shockingly, no one ever came outside and when I went back to the front desk I was told that she had gone home for the day.
The pool itself was full of palm tree trash and looked as if it had never been cleaned. The entire pool area looked like some kind of storage space for all the maintenance junk the hotel owned. There were huge gray trashcans stacked just to the left of the cabana. A random grouping of brooms, mops etc over by the pump house and about 3 haphazardly placed movable cocktail bars crowded in with the broken lounge chairs. The trashcan near the pool entrance had large chunks of what I assume was food stuck to the rim and looked as if it hadn't ever been cleaned. Not to mention that it stank to high heaven and had obviously been leaking some sort of sticky liquid in a large pool on the ground.
After 3 emails and 2 weeks the manager Micheal Moreno finally replied, this is a direct quote from his response, "I'm sorry that you would not recommend us to your friends and family and I'm sorry that you will never stay with us again, I would have liked the opportunity to host you here at Rumor." I'm sorry Mr. Moreno but didn't you already have a chance to "host" me???
The lobby is shabby and the entire place is run down and sad; nobody comes to Vegas to be depressed by their hotel room so please don't waste your time or money if you come to visit or if you are a local like me. One last thing, you have to rent a mini-fridge from an outside vendor and the only place to get ice is from the bar in the lobby. I know that this hotel as well as it's sister property, The Artisan, are both owned by Stephen Siegel and are billed as "Siegel Group Experiences". Believe me, this is one experience that you're gonna want to skip!

Room Tip: Avoid at all costs!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Rumor Hotel? Share your experiences!