“Definitely one of the have to stay at hotels why you're in Las Vegas” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Rumor Hotel

Save Saved
You added Rumor Hotel to your Saves list
Rumor Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   455 E. Harmon Ave., Las Vegas, NV 89169 (Paradise)   |
Ranked #126 of 271 hotels in Las Vegas
“Definitely one of the have to stay at hotels why you're in Las Vegas”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013 via mobile

I checked in for my birthday on July 13th I booked a deluxe room and when I got there they had already upgraded me to a sweet the room was amazing and all the employees there were very friendly the pool was very impressive as well had a sandy beach all around with cabanas a nice lounge chairs I will definitely stay at this hotel again

• Stayed July 2013
Michael M, General Manager at Rumor Hotel, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
Thank you for your review. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. All of us at Rumor are passionate about hospitality and we hope to see you again soon.

477 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

This was the worst trip to Vegas all because of this horrible hotel. I paid ahead of time even paid extra for a late check out. Asked for a room with a view of the pool and a balcony "oh sure no problem" was the response. When we arrived there was a $75 a night charge for "incidentals" which we still haven't gotten back yet they also charged us $100 for a pet (we had no pet) and when we questioned them at the front desk they said sorry Rhodes are the charges now you have to check out. We explained AND showed them paperwork that I had paid for a late check out and they said sorry but we will have to charge you $40 for a late check out. We left the counter (everyone standing in line said "they are taking your $ for no reason...have you read the reviews of this place? We will never stay here again!") we went back to the room to get our luggage and the room key was disabled!! Back op to the front desk to get another key so we could get our stuff and leave and ran Into a waiter we met the night before who explained he was from "corporate" and here to check out how things were being run. He spoke to the girl at the front and we were "allowed" to stay until 2pm ( even though we already had paid for it).
I should have paid more attention to these reviews. This was horrible! The only reason we chose this hotel was because it was close to the Hard Rock where we going to see a concert. I will pay more to stay there from here on our and NEVER return to Rumors because the Rumors are true this place SUCKS!!

• Stayed July 2013
Michael M, General Manager at Rumor Hotel, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Hi thank you for your reveiw regarding your stay with Rumor, I am sorry to hear of your concerns regarding late check out we try our best to accomodate all guest request.

Please please feel free to contact me I would welcome the opportunity to speak with you.

Regards,
Las Vegas, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

I love Rumor because it is very chic, not too crowded and the staff is always so friendly! There are plenty of restaurants really close to walk to or you can walk across the street to Hard Rock if you are looking for more action. They are dog friendly and have a doggy park, which I love!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Just wanted to thank you for your recent stay here at Rumor!!! So glad you were able to have the Siegel experience. We look forward to seeing you soon.
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

I really wanted to love this hotel for being a boutique hotel so I didn't have to deal with major crowds. I think it must be "you get what you pay for".
The pool is very, very dirty - full of suntan oil, dirt, leaves, hair. They don't run the filtration system. The jets do not work in the tubs in the suites- learned that from the A/C repairman who came to fix the A/C unit in the bedroom. Which, I have to add, the A/C unit shorted out at 1AM, and we had to fry in our bed until they could fix it at 10AM the next morning. Another big bummer-no latte' or cappuccinos for the morning in the cafe because the "milk for the espresso machine is on backorder" they said. Another interesting item: They advertise this as an Adult hotel but there were a gaggle of kids at the pool two days in a row, with their family bringing their own stereo that blasted music. The pool already has music playing-so, it was not enjoyable on top of having a bunch of screaming children at the pool.
All in all it was OK for the price, and the staff are all very nice with no attitude, but I probably wouldn't stay there again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Michael M, General Manager at Rumor Hotel, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us, I am happy to see you found the staff to courteous and freindly.

I'm sorry for the condition of the pool with debris, we have since had our palm tree pruned.

Should you decide to give us another visit please do not hesitate to reach out to me personally so that I may assist you with your reservation.

Have great day
Las Vegas, Nevada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

We had a great time at this boutique hotel and can't wait to come back. The reason we are only giving it three circles is because after getting out of the shower and trying to get ready for dinner reservations there was no hair dryer in the room and we didn't have the ipod docking alarm clock to listen to music. The next day we asked the front desk about these things and were told that they should have been in the room and they sent them over. It would have been helpful to have them there in the first place so I didn't have to go to dinner with half wet hair. The pool was fun and we loved the hammocks hanging around. The beds and pillows were very comfortable!

Room Tip: We were on the south east corner and couldn't even hear the music at the pool during the day whe...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
I just wanted to say thanks for your recent stay here at our hotel! I’m so glad you were
able to have the siegel experience. We hope to see you again soon.

Have a great day
Arroyo Grande, California, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

I stayed at the Rumor in March for a 3-night trip -- my first to Vegas. I work for a 5-star, AAA rated 4-diamond resort. I understand the frustrations faced by the staff; however, I also understand that certain expectations must be met. I am an extremely outgoing and friendly person, so remember while reading this that I am not one of those people who complain about everything and have a natural bad attitude. I am also a very generous tipper.

Having booked this trip months in advance, I had plenty of time and ability to re-book at a larger hotel. I did not, despite the great offers I had, because of the young lady I spoke with the night I reserved my suite. I blindly called and spoke with, Lauren (I believe her name was). She had the personality, professionalism, and charisma that a high-end resort Guest Service Agent should have. I wished I could have hired her to work with me. She was going to be on vacation while I was visiting but I wish I had the chance to meet and thank her, personally.

Myself and two friends checked into the hotel around 7pm on March 16, a Saturday. There was, what appeared to be a valet/bellman attentive in the porte cochere. I wish I got his name, he was nice as well. He directed me to the front desk where I was to check in. The appearance of the front of the hotel was not what I was expecting, but who really cares? I was surprised at the size of the restaurant, it was almost non existent, I actually thought it was just a lounge for the bar.The check in was satisfactory. Upon entering the suite, I was surprised by how run-down it seemed. There was a small wet bar (which was really just a tiny counter), a large television and a sofa in the living room. the sofa was nice aesthetically but not the most comfortable to sit or lay on. Through two large doors, we found the bedroom which was comfortable. The beds were comfortable, the pillows were fluffy, and the doors closed, creating a 1-bedroom unit. I loved the idea except I then realized that the closet, which was not much wider that my shoulders (and I'm 5'10" 135lbs"). It was also completely inaccessible unless the door to the living room was completely shut. The bathroom was large The shower was big too! Big enough for 4 people, probably. The room overall had almost NO lights in it. It was kind of an odd experience to see almost NO lighting except in the bathroom.

After getting settled the bellman appeared at the door with our bags, he did bring them in the room, but threw them all on top of each other in a corner of the room. Again, easily dismissed. I was still contemplating upgrading to one of their largest suites (which I informed the front desk of at check in), but wanted to open a bottle of wine, a case of which I brought with us. I realized there was not one in the room and called down to the front desk. The agent said that they usually have some but none were available. He advised me to go the bar in the lobby and that they would open it for me -- I did so. The bartender seemed confused at first but kindly helped me open two bottled and I returned to the suite. After deciding I would upgrade, I contacted the front desk who told me the room had been sold. My fault for waiting. Before going out that night, I had a third bottle of wine opened. The first night and I slept on the couch -- worse decision - most floors are more comfortable. It was a cold few nights and was told by the front desk that they did not have more blankets -- wait, what?

The second day, we left in a taxi after waking up and returned around 5pm, after meeting up with another friend of mine, excited for dinner at the Addiction Restaurant. I brought my friend too because we were in a for fun night. It was an awkward entry as no one was really there to seat us and I was still trying to believe that the small space was the dining room. We sat ourselves at table which was literally 20 feet away from the elevators, 10 feet from the bar and 2 feet from the door leading to the pool. It was strangely small and were eventually brought menus. I had brought one of my favorite bottles of wine from Daou Vineyards to dinner. One that was opened by the bar earlier but had not been drank. The server said that I needed to pay their corkage fee. I was perplexed, to say the least. I understand corkage fees, but this seemed a bit ridiculous to me, considering the situation. The menu was limited but sounded great, still. I ordered a burger which came with nothing on it -- by nothing, I literally mean NOTHING. I get how it works at upscale restaurants but the setting of this restaurant just did not live up to the pricing- oh well. The food was, in fact, great.

That evening,we could not have have the bar, again empty, open my bottles of wine without paying fees. This was now, extremely frustrating. We just bought our own from the store around the corner. Throughout our stay we could have used robes, and few other items but the Rumor tried to gouge our pockets for these things. $35 for a robe?! I BETTER be able to take that home with me. Mini fridge had a RIDICULOUS daily charge. The day it was time to go, the bellman took our bags and loaded them in the car. A young lady sent us on our way without so much as a "thank you," or a "we hope to see you again." Upon getting into my car, a 2013 Chrysler 300 I notice a huge scratch and dent, on the passenger side (which was not there when we arrived). The valet sees it and before I spoke, exclaims, "I didn't do that!" I approached the front desk again with my concern. The girl went into the back and returned with a receipt paper with a phone number written on it. This was for the corporate valet company. She told me something to the effect of, "You'll have to call them. That's on them, not us." I was shocked at her response. No apology, no concern. I was disgusted and left.

I got a huge run-around in my attempts to get this resolved but, hey, that's over with now.

Moral of the story is, I wish I knew beforehand that Rumor is not a "boutique" hotel. I work at a Boutique Resort and know what 5-star service really is. I at no point received anything greater than 3 stars except for Lauren. I wished things had gone a little better so I would be more inclined to give it another shot.

Room Tip: Only book their largest suite types, or don't stay.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
I appreciate the KUDOS for Lauren and will be sure to share with her, while I note your stay with Rumor was in March, I would have welcomed the opportunity to address your concerns closer to your actual stay date.

I'm sorry you were not able to reach an agreement with our Valet company, I will be sure to share your concern with them.

Please do not hesiatate to reach out to me if you should need further assistance
Los Angeles
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013 via mobile

The rooms are nice. BUT, this is a pet friendly hotel ( did not know) and be prepared to hear dogs barking through the night. Also, if you need wi-fi, forget about it!!! The wi-fi worker for 40 then went down. Rumor is that this is a good hotel. Truth is that Rumor hotel is CRAP!

• Stayed July 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post your reveiw us, I'm sorry for your frustartion with our WIFI during your stay with us, the issues has been addreesed and corrected. while Rumor is pet friendly we make every effort to keep barking to a minimum, Yappy Hour is one of our more popular events I apologize the noise level affected your stay.

Please do not hesitate to reach out to me if I may assist you in the future.

Kind Regards,

Been to Rumor Hotel? Share your experiences!