“Lovely Hotel.” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #128 of 272 Hotels in Las Vegas
Los Angeles, California
“Lovely Hotel.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

They went out of their way to make our group comfortable.
TV was too dark and sound didn't seem to work sometime.
Overall beautiful weekend. The food was excellent. Pool area was
clean, Towels provided abundant.

Room Tip: all rooms were fine.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Michael M, General Manager at Rumor Hotel, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
Thank you for your kind words. We appreciate the opportunity to welcome your group and appreciate your business. If there is anything we can do to enhance our services please let us know. We are always listening to our Guests. Thanks again for choosing Rumor

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (139)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

My self and my partner chose this hotel as it was not on the strip and had no casino
However we soon discovered that it had been 80 per cent booked out to a private party for four days ! The reception staff did not inform us of this on our check in !
The room was dirty with a badly stained and scaled jacuzzi that I wouldn't even bath my dog in !
At breakfast the kitchen could not cope with two fruit and yogurt orders and I was then informed that they had no milk and had to send a member of staff to the store to get some !
Couldn't believe they would not have such a basic item !
The staff were more concerned with the very large group that completely took over the hotel and had no time for any other guests
There were no sun loungers at all by 8am in the morning as they all had reserved signs on them and the only grassed area had been taken up with 100 plus chairs for the meetings that this group held !
The final straw cam when the catering manager actually YELLED at a hotel guest(not in this group) about not having any shoes on ! Saying that it was a health violation !
Bearing this in mind we actually had the waitresses wearing hot pants bending over in front of us to reach the next table not very pleasant and a bit trashy and probably some kind of health violation there !!!!
It is not a true likeness in my opinion to the hotels photos as things are worn out dirty and ripped it needs a refurb !
They should think very carefully next time about hiring out 80 per cent of the hotel to a large group who totally took over the pool and should have really informed the other guests at check in !
We checked out two days early and went elsewhere !

• Stayed May 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your stay with us, I am sorry for the mis-communication with the group in house. I have shared your reveiw with our staff and management team, and asure all reveiws are taken serious and we will proactively work to correct your concerns.

Kind Regards,
Palm Springs, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

Friendly and helpful staff. Very nice center pool/recreation area. I got a deluxe room which was nice and large. However, I was disappointed by the bathroom amenities (one soap just larger than a thumbnail), tiny closet half the standard hotel size, cheap desk under the TV, a view of the parking lot thru a dirty window, and a beverage glass that could hold only 3 ice cubes. They can do better than this.

Room Tip: Nice place to stay but don't expect more when you upgrade.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Michael M, General Manager at Rumor Hotel, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Thank you for posting your stay with us, while I note you were impressed by the staff and service I did take note of your dissapointment with our guest amenities and wanted to let you know we are in the process of looking for new product be on the look out as it is soon to come.

Thank you for your reveiw, have a great day
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

A small group of us recently stayed at this hotel for a friends 50th birthday party. The lobby was nice and we liked the bar that was open 24/7 and we even liked the pool. We even liked that it was quiet not having a casino. That's about it. The service at the front desk and housekeeping was deplorable. We checked in late, went to the hard rock, slept in until 11am. I searched the room for a hair dryer and a room service menu. None to be found. Not a big deal in mind. They delivered them promptly to our room, however, the hair dryer didn't work, so I had to call them again. Ok, 2nd one was a charm. We asked housekeeping to service our room around noon. That sounds like a reasonable time to me...especially in Vegas. She told me no, I'm sorry, I am finished for the day and going home. Seriously? If that happened where I worked, someone would get written up or fired.

When you turn the water on in the sink, it sounds like the back up generator for the entire property was set off. It was the loudest noise imaginable! Imagine trying to sleep while your friend is washing their hands? Or how about trying to sleep while someone 10 doors down is trying to brush their teeth with that racquet?

The kicker was, I was supposed to be given a cardboard box at check in. My friend had hand delivered it the front desk and had hand written my name on it with a sharpie pen. She also dropped 5 gift bags for all of her guests. We got the gift bag, no box. I spoke to the front desk the next day and described the box to the gal. She came back to me and said no, it's not here, she probably didn't drop it off. I said, she absolutely did, she gave it to so and so...and it was her last day please look again. She came back, no, we don't have it. She NEVER apologized or tried any more to find it. The contents of this box were VERY important for our birthday party surprise. We only had 2 hours until the party started so some of our friends hopped in a cab to try to find a party supply store to hopefully buy what we needed in time because the box had obviously been misplaced. I asked to speak the manager. The young lady came out, and she was very professional. She did apologize for the inconvenience. I described the box AGAIN to her and I said that this is very inconvenient, my friends are in a cab trying to find this item across town. I suggested that the hotel reimburse us for the taxi ride. She said she would see what she could do. I said, let's not worry about that right now, let's just find that box. She came back minutes later with my box! Hooray! She said that the front desk told her that I said it was a gift bag not a box. Seriously? I described this box at LEAST 10 times to the gal at the front desk. There really was no mistaking what I said. I was so happy that I had our box that I really didn't want to get into it, but I told her that her staff was lying to cover their butts. Her staff is in need of some serious guest service training. Basic training. Empathize, apologize and solve the problem.

So, the party was a hit and we had a great time in vegas, however, we will not be recommending the Rumor Hotel to anyone that cares about service in any way. The manager did not follow up with me regarding reimbursement for the taxi. I am not surprised. Are you?

Room Tip: Stay anywhere else
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you taking the time to post your stay with us at Rumor, we welcome and value all reveiws whether they be of Kudos or suggestion on how to improve our guest experience.

please accept my apology of falling short of your expecatation, we at Rumor are passionate about service and our guest experience. I apologize you did not experience that feeling.

Please contact me personally and i would be more then happy to disucss your stay.

Kind Regards,
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

This a great place to hang out with groups.....chill because you can be at the pool or your room, all in a roundtrip time of 5 minutes. You are not constantly distracted and overstimulated by a casino because there isn't one. It's an intimate place where you can rest and relax, hang out in a hammock or by the pool.

On the weekends there is a DJ if you want to have your own party by the pool, there is potential there without having to commit to the full on Rehab party at the Hard Rock. Weekdays by the pool are super chill, no minimum was required of us to use the cabana, though once we settled in it was easy to order up because the waitress was super friendly and attentive!

Chef Steve 'the people's chef' is amazing. He will take good care of you and do so with a smile. He is passionate and dedicated to giving you a good experience at Rumor. All the bartenders were also super friendly, security, front desk all very cool, nice people.

Rooms very comfortable, awesome shower and slept amazing in the dark room and the beds are NICE!

Everyone was SO NICE......and the Hard Rock is just across the street when you want to be surrounded by VEGAS BABY IN YOUR FACE!! Plus reasonably priced, yummy sushi and a CVS a block away, this made Rumor even more practical. Who needs the whole strip anyway?

Side note: you have to request stuff if you want it, such as a hairdryer (should be standard, right?) and there is no fridge in room. Also no hooks to hang towels in the bathroom which would be a simple thing to make it nicer in there.

Room Tip: Downstairs, walk out to grass......upstairs potential view for a nice photo with Hard Rock sign in d...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for your review. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and will let the Peoples Chef Steve Austin know that he helped you have a great stay with us. All of us at Rumor are passionate about the Siegel Experience and we hope to see you again soon.

Have a great day
Gilbert, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

Rumor Hotel is a small trendy boutique hotel off the new strip. There is no casino in there and it makes it nice because you don't hear all that noise. When we checked in, we were treated as if we were VIP's. Come to find out, they treat everyone the same which is amazing! We got into our room which was the king suite with a tub. It was very posh inside. The tub was separate from the shower and sits in the room rather the bath area. I thought that was cool! They have a standing shower which was like rain falling on you with their upgraded shower head! The bed was extremely comfortable and we slept like babies. They have pool party's and also will have food that you can either eat inside or outside. We really enjoyed the purple hammocks outside while we listened to music. I say that this is the adult hotel because there is nothing there that caters to children. Also, they LOVE PETS!! You can bring your pet and they have a miniature dog park for them to run free. My husband and I will be back for sure especially when we want to just relax away from all the noise that the strip has to offer.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the street and in the back will be more quieter than those facing the pool. I say this...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Michael M, General Manager at Rumor Hotel, responded to this review, May 5, 2013
Thank you for your review. Here at Rumor we are very happy to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us, and were able to enjoy the hotel amenities.

We hope to see you again soon.
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

This was our first time staying at Rumors though we had been there once for the pool party. I like that it's a smaller hotel without the casino. Everyone staying there seemed to be really friendly and just having a good time. We got a poolside room with a balcony and spent a lot of time hanging out there. They have hammocks around the lawn to lounge in, it's also a dog friendly hotel and saw several people walking their dogs around the property. We had dinner in the hotel on one occasion, there was no one else in there, which was surprising, because the food was pretty amazing. Even though they have pool parties with DJ's there on the weekends, it definitely wasn't a rowdy crowd so you could stay here even if you were looking for a more relaxing vacation.

Room Tip: I liked the poolside room, I spent a lot of time relaxing on the balcony before we went out for the...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Michael M, General Manager at Rumor Hotel, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Thanks for staying with us at Rumor. I’m happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and were able to relax and experience our pool parties.

Have a great day, hope to see you soon

Been to Rumor Hotel? Share your experiences!