“Great "ADULT" Hotel for the Price!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Rumor Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   455 E. Harmon Ave., Las Vegas, NV 89169 (Paradise)   |
Ranked #125 of 272 Hotels in Las Vegas
Gilbert, Arizona
“Great "ADULT" Hotel for the Price!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

Rumor Hotel is a small trendy boutique hotel off the new strip. There is no casino in there and it makes it nice because you don't hear all that noise. When we checked in, we were treated as if we were VIP's. Come to find out, they treat everyone the same which is amazing! We got into our room which was the king suite with a tub. It was very posh inside. The tub was separate from the shower and sits in the room rather the bath area. I thought that was cool! They have a standing shower which was like rain falling on you with their upgraded shower head! The bed was extremely comfortable and we slept like babies. They have pool party's and also will have food that you can either eat inside or outside. We really enjoyed the purple hammocks outside while we listened to music. I say that this is the adult hotel because there is nothing there that caters to children. Also, they LOVE PETS!! You can bring your pet and they have a miniature dog park for them to run free. My husband and I will be back for sure especially when we want to just relax away from all the noise that the strip has to offer.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the street and in the back will be more quieter than those facing the pool. I say this...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Michael M, General Manager at Rumor Hotel, responded to this review, May 5, 2013
Thank you for your review. Here at Rumor we are very happy to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us, and were able to enjoy the hotel amenities.

We hope to see you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

This was our first time staying at Rumors though we had been there once for the pool party. I like that it's a smaller hotel without the casino. Everyone staying there seemed to be really friendly and just having a good time. We got a poolside room with a balcony and spent a lot of time hanging out there. They have hammocks around the lawn to lounge in, it's also a dog friendly hotel and saw several people walking their dogs around the property. We had dinner in the hotel on one occasion, there was no one else in there, which was surprising, because the food was pretty amazing. Even though they have pool parties with DJ's there on the weekends, it definitely wasn't a rowdy crowd so you could stay here even if you were looking for a more relaxing vacation.

Room Tip: I liked the poolside room, I spent a lot of time relaxing on the balcony before we went out for the...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Michael M, General Manager at Rumor Hotel, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Thanks for staying with us at Rumor. I’m happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and were able to relax and experience our pool parties.

Have a great day, hope to see you soon
Las Vegas, Nevada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

Really hoping I get a response from the management as so far my calls/messages to management (many) have been unanswered. I stayed at Rumor for 7 nights, I'm in Vegas frequently and stayed at many of the hotels. I was happy to try out Rumor due to the location (great corner at Paradise and Harmon) which is close to the convention center.

What I liked: Location & convenience. No slot machines. Video poker at bar doesn't count. Most of the staff was very friendly. Beds were super comfy. Modern rooms. Great look and feel. Fun pool vibe.

What I didn't like: Slow service - apart from the very lovely long haired brunette, apologies I forget her name, who always took care of us very well it took ages to be served breakfast or lunch. Housekeeping mailed it in, never replaced my toiletries and the complimentary water - which I needed because the water coming out of the tap in the bathroom smelled mildewy - and pretty just made the bed and replaced towels (see my further comment below). No elevators - not that big of a deal but I'm pregnant and was put on the second floor after requesting a ground floor room. This did not bother either of my colleagues, but being directly under the flight pattern of the airport it did disrupt my sleep some nights.

My main issue is that I left a drawer full of clothes, most of them maternity and some of them with the tags still on. My fault, obviously, but I have called numerous times and left messages and so far, 2 weeks later, no one has responded. I am very unhappy that I have not been contacted as I would love to get the MATERNITY clothes back. I personally have never been in this situation but have colleagues that have and have not had issue getting personal belongings back from other hotels. I can't believe I haven't been contacted yet, really it is quite unacceptable to even just return my call and say "Sorry we didn't find anything." Which really just means you have untrustworthy housekeeping.

Note that I am happy to change my review to be more positive upon resolving of the situation.

Room Tip: Ground floor with pool view
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Michael M, General Manager at Rumor Hotel, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay at our hotel. I am glad to hear that Jacqueline was helpful! I will be sure to share your comments with her. I am sorry to hear about your challenges in trying to recover your items.

Please contact me 702.369.5400, and I will personally attend to your lost items.

Kind Regards,
San Diego, California, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

This was a nice surprise! It was clean and the staff was very nice!
If your looking for the high end resort of the strip then this is not the place BUT if your looking for a nice hotel on a budget then this is perfect!
The rooms were very clean and decorated nice. It's located off the beaten path so you'll have a nice walk to the strip or a short cab ride.
We would stay there again and thank you the staff of this hotel!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience. I am happy to hear you were able to enjoy our Yappy Hour. We look forward to welcoming you back to our property in the not too distant future.

Have A Great Day
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

Stayed at Rumor for 2 nights April 2013 - was somewhat cautious basedon previous reviews. VERY pleasantly surprised at the value. Hotel is off the strip just a bit, but still centrally and conveniently located, especially to the airport and City Center. Rooms are quiet for the most part. Hotel is dog-friendly, and even has doggie cocktail parties! Fast food, pharmacy, liquor, and grocerette all within a short walk - and Hard Rock is right across the street if you need gaming.

This property is not for everyone...it's artsy and slightly esoteric -- not for families, but for young, hip, open-minded, and trendy...those not concerned with standard Vegas haunts but in search of somewhere more laid-back and non-judgemental.

Staff is VERY friendly and helpful, but don't expect Ritz Carlton service - you are not at the Ritz! Ask for what you need/want, in a friendly way, and they WILL do their best to accommodate. YES, the climate control in the rooms is a short-coming, but they will try to fix/resolve it for you - if you ASK. Only real negatives here are the lack of ice machines and the sometimes challenging parking - but valet is free, so is internet. Call front desk and they will deliver ice, and make sure to ask for glasses too, since there are none in the room.

Am going back to Vegas in 2 days and plan to stay at least part of my trip here again.

Room Tip: 2107 is quiet and has a balcony and jacuzzi...odd rooms face pool and courtyard (I believe).
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Michael M, General Manager at Rumor Hotel, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
I am very happy to read the comments about your recent stay at Rumor and glad that you found the location and amenities of our hotel to your satisfaction. Hope to see you return soon....safe travels.

Remember Yappy Hour is the 3rd Thursday of every month

Have a Great Day
Gent, Oost-Vlaanderen, Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

If you're not into one of the casino type hotels in Vegas and looking for something a bit more resort like, Rumor is a great option for you.
Location wise, it's a bit off the strip, right in front of the hard rock café.
There are several bungalow type buildings dotted around the swimming pool, each with several boutique style rooms.
We enjoyed our stay very much and lounging around the pool or in the Jacuzzi amidst the normal city of sin bustle and hustle gave our trip added value.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Just wanted to thank you for your recent stay here at Rumorl! So glad you were able to experience our Gossip Pool. We look forward to seeing you soon.
Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

The Rumor was labeled a "luxury" boutique hotel, yet was anything but. From discourteous front desk staff, to dirty bathrooms (old soap from previous guest STUCK to shower that was not cleaned), to the non-existent promised amenities (no hair dryer or alarm clock ipod dock), this stay was a huge disappointment. The only toiletry items in all three of our rooms included a bottle of shower gel (USED in our room) and lotion. Upon asking, were then given shampoo, conditioner, soap, but they were not in any of our rooms at check-in. Air conditioning unit in one room was broken, and worked poorly in other two--had to turn down to 68 degrees in the middle of the night because we were roasting.

Safety latch on door was broken, sink faucet literally COMING APART from sink. Overpriced food and drinks. And bring your own cups--despite providing an ice bucket (of which there was no actual ice bin to get ice anywhere on the property that we saw), there are NO GLASSES in the rooms, just two small bottles of water. No refrigerator or mini bar, but they require a $150 deposit upfront that they hold on your card. Oh and the one redeeming feature of the place is the charming patio/pool/bar area, but be warned that it is in the direct flight path of a private airport nearby, so sitting on the patio for a drink is a bit like having a picnic on the airstrip at JFK with very low planes overhead. So just don't plan on carrying on a conversation.

We did attempt to contact the manager, but he was never on the property, except for 30 minutes at 6:30 pm on Saturday night. He left a voicemail on our room phone, despite having my cell phone on file as it was required for registration and check-in. He just didn't care to talk to me.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the to post your staff with us. I am concerned with issues you experienced in your room and have forwarded your reveiw to our houskeeeping and maintenance department so that appropriate actions can be taken.

Again thank you for taking the time post your stay.

Kind Regards

Been to Rumor Hotel? Share your experiences!