“Would Stay Again!!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #125 of 272 Hotels in Las Vegas
Newport, Minnesota
“Would Stay Again!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2012

Hotel was pretty much as advertised. The rooms were nice size and very comfortable. The areas around the hotel (lobby, pool, landscaping) were all kept very clean and nice. We stayed for a week and got a pretty good deal price wise. It's only about 1 mile from the strip so not a ton of foot traffic. The hotel was very pet friendly but you wouldn't have known it until Thursday Yappy Hour. The only complaints are that there was not fridge in the room, the rooms are poorly lit and the soaking tub takes forever to fill up.

Room Tip: Get a room that overlooks the pool area, if not your staring at an empty lot.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
Salt Lake City, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2012

I recently returned from a business trip where I stayed at Rumor March 11, 12, and 13. I was very impressed, and will return again. Before I arrived, I received a very nice e-mail from the manager welcoming me to my upcoming stay at the property. As I pulled my car into their entrance, I was greeted very politely from the valet, who promptly parked my car and assisted me with my luggage to the front desk. I was offered assistance to my room, but declined as I only had one bag and a rolling carry-on.

Check in was a breeze, and every charge was explained up front and there were NO hidden fees, like some other hotels try to charge you. I was in and out in a couple of minutes and went directly to my room, which was on the southwest side of the property, directly overlooking the pool and hot tub. Smoke-free was also very nice, which greatly added to my positive experience.

The room was impeccable. The junior oasis suite was EXACTLY like the pictures online, including an elevated tub in the room, a rain shower in the bathroom, remote controlled air conditioner, free wifi (and fast too!), in-room safe, and, most of all, CLEAN. I am actually a little OCD, but I felt at ease in the room. The mattress and other furnishings looked brand new.

Room service was terrific, and the menu was filled with variety (their entire menu is available for download on their web site). The prior reviewer I see noted that there was a charge plus gratuity for room service ... but that is standard for any hotel in practically any city I have stayed at, and clearly noted before you order. It also arrived within 15 minutes and was very fresh.

Check out was a breeze as well, and the charges were exactly as they should have been. The valet in front was super fast, and wished me well on my trip home. And today, I just received another e-mail thanking me for my stay. I appreciate the thoughtfulness that the manager has, and believe me - I will be staying here again. My only regret is not bringing my wife to enjoy it with me - but for next time!

Jake

Room Tip: I recommend staying in a suite on the first floor, so you have easy access to the pool and hot tub...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2012 via mobile

If you are looking to pay a lot of money for an image, this is your place. If you want the service and amenities associated with $135 per night hotel, you would be better off spending your money elsewhere. The rooms in this hotel are not put together well and the manager "Lana" does nothing to accommodate. Shaw, the other manager is much better. The general staff on the other hand is pleasant, however uninformed. The hotel advertises iPod docks, elevated soaking tubs, refrigerators upon request, custom beds, and room service among other amenities. The duvet cover is made of two sheets folded over on each other, which is peculiar considering the bed itself only has a sheet on the mattress but not one to cover up with. There are not iPod docks in every room as advertised, the room service came in to go boxes with plastic silverware and unbuttered toast (none in the box either) after elevating the prices, charging an automatic 20% gratuity and $3 deliver charge. The ice that comes out of the ice machine (not located in every building or floor) has black specks of mold in it. The first room I was in had broken furniture and no tub (as requested) so I moved. The second room had no nightstand, so I used the chair. I requested an iPod dock several times upon check in and did not receive it. I got one the next day from the general manager Shaw, only to be informed by the other manager "Lana" that now another guest isn't going to have an iPod dock because they had to give it to me. My husband had to request batteries for the remote on the heater and the "no longer give out refrigerators", so it was suggested we put ice in our sink.
The good things about this place are that the valet staff (all of them), bartenders (mike and mark), security staff, housekeepers (Briunna and Shirley) and servers are great! The restaurant has good food (from what I ordered), the pillowsgood are soft, and the pool has a few relaxing hammocks to lay in.
After speaking with Shaw I felt confident that my stay would improve and be worth it so I extended for another night. That was a mistake on my part.
Had I paid $60-75 a night I would have nothing to complain about, but charging $135 a night OFF THE STRIP and coming upto this short is unacceptable. If the management would hire more employees and spend the money to keep up the property as advertised I would not hesitate to spend $135 a night in the future. As it is right now, I would only recommend the bar and restaurant. Come visit, but stay somewhere else.

• Stayed March 2012
Shaw M, General Manager at Rumor Hotel, responded to this review, March 13, 2012
Thank you for your feedback. I apologize that we did not meet your expectations during your visit with us. I have addressed your concerns with our team so that these issues will not occur in the future. I invite you to contact me directly so I may resolve these concerns with you. I am sorry I was not able to address all of your needs during your visit with us. I hope you will give us an opportunity in the near future to have you experience the excellent service and accommoddations that so many guests have commented on in TripAdvisor.
North Palm Springs, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2012

I booked this hotel with Agoda . The price was very good till we got to the Hotel.For sure is pet friendly at a cost . $25 .00.x pet Then one other charge was added $13.60 for resort fees.Those charges are not disclouse anywhere. Carla

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for bringing these issues to my attention. I am sorry the information was not properly explained to you by the third party company that made your reservation. I have contacted Agoda to have this information updated to the correct information so this will not be an issue for future guests. I invite you to contact me directly to personally reserve a suite with us during your next visit to Las Vegas. I appreciate you making me aware of this situation and apologize the information given to you was not accurate.
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 29, 2012

I am a certified hotel snob and this place was great on every level. I booked this for a friend’s bachelorette party and it had the perfect vibe for it. The rooms were fantastic; the service friendly without a bit of pretense and the most surprising part was the food! We ate there twice and it what shockingly good. Happy hour pricing was great. I felt like I was stealing it because the prices were so low and the quality was so high. Get the short rib sliders for breakfast. I wish I was eating one right now. My whole group was locals and we plan to go back just to eat.

It was also great to be able to park near the room, no 10 minute walk to your room like at a casino. The pool was also great even though it was a little chilly. My friends still laid out most of the day.

The only negative was that the sink had really high pressure and the bowl was oddly shaped. This combo made water spray everywhere if you didn't turn it on slowly. I wouldn’t recommend this hotel to everyone, it is meant to be cool and some people (like my parents) wouldn’t feel comfortable. But for anyone who is into the vibe, it couldn’t be better.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for your kind words. I am glad you enjoyed your visit to Rumor Boutique Hotel. I look forward to welcoming you back to our little oasis in the heart of Las Vegas. The breakfast sliders are certainly one of the highest selling items with our guests - and for good reason, they are delicious. I hope you will visit us again soon, as summer pool weather is upon us.
Corona, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 29, 2012

Our room was clean and the bed was very soft, the best night sleep that I have ever had at a hotel. The room looked exactly the same as the images online. Our room had a balcony that over looked the street, which was perfect for relaxing after a night out. The rain shower is amazing!

Room service prices for drinks were insane!!! You are much better off walking to the liquor store that is in the next parking lot and buying your own. That being said, they do try and stop you from bring in outside drinks or food but you can easily get around that by putting it in another bag. The ice machines are hard to find and some were not working but with the liquor store next door and $2 bags of ice its not that big of a deal.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to write such a kind review. I hope you will visit us again soon. We get so many wonderful comments on the comfort of our mattresses. For you next visit, please call the front desk, we can deliver ice to your room within minutes - free of charge. I do appreciate your kind words. I look forward to welcoming you back to Rumor Boutique Hotel in the very near future.
Miami
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2012

I came to Las Vegas for events at the Hard Rock and got a great rate for a suite directly across the street. Beautiful, quiet and well kept courtyard to relax in during the day. The service was incredible. The staff was very accommodating and really went above and beyond to provide great service. I will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: definitely try and stay in an interior room!
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your wonderful visit with us. I am so glad to know you enjoyed your stay at Rumor. We take pride in our guests and strive to exceed their expectations. I look forward to your next visit with us. We will have your suite waiting for you.

Been to Rumor Hotel? Share your experiences!