“Love This Place (South Beach in Vegas)” 5 of 5 stars

Rumor Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   455 E. Harmon Ave., Las Vegas, NV 89169 (The Strip)   |
Ranked #128 of 272 Hotels in Las Vegas
Henderson, Nevada
“Love This Place (South Beach in Vegas)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2011

This hotel is uber trendy, its just like being in South Beach, had a great time and the service was awesome. Especially Brittany at the front desk who helped us with some special room requests.

We highly recommend it!

Room Tip: Check their website for promotional offers.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Rumor1, Manager at Rumor Hotel, responded to this review, June 18, 2011
Thank you very much for your feedback! I will pass along your comments to our staff and I do hope you return again. We really are fortunate to have a staff at Rumor that will do everything possible to exceed your expectations.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (139)
Albuquerque
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2011

I was happy to see that the new Rumor Hotel allows pets and spent time researching the property. I am relocating to Reno and will be spending one night in Las Vegas on my drive with my small, well attended feline. I love a good restaurant and pool and thought this would be a fun place. The web site clearly states that it it pet friendly and it is represented as such on trip advisor and Expedia. I could easily have made my reservation and arrived with my cat, expecting to be welcomed. It was fortunate that I called to confirm the pet policy because I was told by a hurried but nice phone rep, Lauren, that cats are not allowed. She added that this must be some kind of "bizarre corporate policy" and that she has several cats herself, which I appreciate, but do not consider to be a satisfactory answer to what is clearly a misrepresentation of hotel policy. No manager was available to talk with me.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Rumor1, Manager at Rumor Hotel, responded to this review, June 13, 2011
I am very sorry to read that you received wrong information. Of course we will accommodate your cat. We are PET FRIENDLY. We are one of the few hotels in Las Vegas that are pet friendly including our monthly Yappy Hour! I will make myself available to you and your cat 24/7. Please let me know if you would like to give us a try and I will make it happen.

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2011

What a great Hip Hotel right off the strip! Perfect place to get away from being treated like cattle and more like a person. And loved being away from the Din of slot machines! Relaxing and reviving! Loved the rooms; Great Beds, rain showers and Loved the fragrance of the bath products! Defiantly the place to get away from the strip and be right next to it. The staff was great, very friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Suites that openned right out onto the pool, bes!
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
Rumor1, Manager at Rumor Hotel, responded to this review, June 10, 2011

I am very pleased to know that Rumor was the perfect fit for you in Las Vegas! thank you for your kind comments about our staff and the fact that you had a very relaxing stay. Our beds are amazing! I do hope you have the chance to return soon.

Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2011

Scam after scam after scam.... Was tempted to try out The Rumor as an alternative to the large casino hotels but it was a mistake... run from The Rumor.

Front desk charged me for pool-view suite (per hotel generated reservation) but tried to give me small room facing the parking lot. Booked through hotel directly and had confirmation with me which indicated room type and number of night but front desk ignored reservation (and me). Restaurant, lounge and pool almost always closed for special events. Website and hotel staff advertised pool as open 24 hours but it closed everyday at 9pm. Did not matter because the water was so frigid pool empty even during the day.

Broken glass all over bottom of pool and staff did not care and did not even post warning or close pool.... frightening. Key cards almost never worked and constantly needed to be replaced. Impossible to get a taxi at the hotel and nearly impossible for the staff to pour a cup of coffee in the AM even with no customers. $35 Sunday breakfast included no fruit, no juice, not even toast or bagel; staff would not even serve me a cup of coffee and toast. Eat and drink across the street at Hard Rock. No fitness room, no business center, no way to send a fax, no way to buy an aspirin,... and no way to communicate with the staff. Foul smell abound on the grounds and non-stop unimaginative techno-music 24/7 make the place almost unbearable. Superficial and strange hotel with most staff seeming to have a bad day everyday.

Don't be tempted to stay.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Rumor1, Manager at Rumor Hotel, responded to this review, June 12, 2011
Thank you for your feedback and I am very sorry that your stay was not up to our standards and for this I do applogize. Please let me know when you are back in Las Vegas and I do hope you give us another chance. I will be here for you starting with making your reservation and being there for you until check out.

Mesquite, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2011

We checked in on the Sunday of Memorial Day Weekend, expecting it to be hectic. There was a DJ in the lobby (awesome!) and the front desk staff was fantastic. We even got upgraded to a Deluxe Suite--thanks Allen! The only downside was that we arrived later in the day and there were no roll-away beds left (I work in a hotel, so I understood that they are on a first come, first serve basis). We got to the room, and WOW! One of the nicest, trendiest, sexiest rooms I've EVER stayed in. The bed was beyond comfy, and the bathroom was very sleek and modern. We got 2 free drinks by booking on their website, and when we got to the bar/lounge, we were amazed yet again. Drinks were delicious and reasonably priced, especially for Las Vegas. All in all, it was a fabulous trip and I'll definitely stay there again!

Room Tip: Ask for a bottom floor--patios are GREAT!
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
Rumor1, Manager at Rumor Hotel, responded to this review, June 6, 2011
Thank you for your amazing review! Our front desk staff is a great team and we are very lucky to have them at Rumor. Because of your feedback, I will make arrangements to increase our inventory on roll away beds so that we are ready to go for the summer. We are also very proud of our Bar Staff! They do a great job and our drink specials are always available.
By the way, good call on the Patios!!!

Rumor Boutique Hotel
Tustin, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2011

Just stayed at the Rumor Hotel over the Memorial Weekend. I frequent Vegas a lot and usually stay on the Strip or on Fremont Street, and usually in "no-frills" casino hotels, as I prefer convenience of the location rather than a fancy room. But after seeing a story on the hotel last year, I thought I'd try something different.

The hotel is quite trendy and caters to a younger audience. When we got in at noon on Saturday, the music at the pool was blaring full blast. We could hear the bass in our room, which was towards the end of the resort. Surprisingly, the pool was closed and the place fairly quiet during the evening hours.

The hotel is still trying to find its groove among the young party-goers. It didn't seem too packed, either by the pool during the day, nor the bar late at night. And this was a holiday weekend!

We stayed in a Deluxe Simple Suite with two queen beds. The rooms were stylishly designed in purple and white. The beds and pillows were heavenly! The couch in the living room area wasn't all that comfortable, so I mostly spent time in their comfy beds. There is indeed an adult channel (Channel 69) available, which was amusing, as most of it seemed to be dated from the 80s or 90s. It was also nice to not have to walk through the labyrinth of a casino to get back to our room at night.

Small gripes would be that upon arrival we had no TV remote for the bedroom or living room, and when we tried to call the front desk, we discovered the phone didn't work. Thankfully, it didn't take too long for maintenance to rectify our issues.

Also, the ice machine located in our building never worked during our entire stay, and we didn't feel motivated to go searching another building for a one that functioned.

Valet was hard to track down upon our arrival, and when we were ready to grab a taxi and hit the strip, they were too busy with incoming guests. We ended up walking to the Hard Rock across the street, which was no big deal.

I had read that there used to be a no food/drink policy for the rooms, but this has since been lifted.

All in all, it was a fun to try out, but it probably won't be my "go-to" choice, as I prefer the convenience of staying right on the Strip or on Fremont Street. I may look into it again if I ever have a specific need to see a concert at the Hard Rock, or if the price is right for my travel dates.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
Rumor1, Manager at Rumor Hotel, responded to this review, May 31, 2011
Thank you for you review and I always appreciate feedback. It’s the only way we can increase our level of service. I do agree that it’s much better to walk directly to your room rather than a casino that seems to go on forever. Memorial Day Weekend was a great weekend for us but I do hope you will return on a weekend or weekday that has much better weather.
Please let me know when you plan on making another trip to Las Vegas and I will personally make your reservation and offer you a Deluxe Suite with a pool view!
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2011

First off, if I could give RUMOR 10 STARS I would. My Fiance and I were looking for a place to hold out Big Day (Wedding) and we were searching places in our home town of Boston when we finally agreed it would make better sense to hold our wedding in Vegas, since most of our friends now reside in California and Las Vegas. Having nearly 20 long vacations in Las Vegas personally (my best friend/best man resides there), I had a good idea of which venues to look at. Then, a curveball happened. We came across Rumor Boutique online. Judging by the website this had everything we were looking for. It is hip, hot, and close to the strip. My best man made a stop by and said it was awesome. Then, our wedding photographer called us from Vegas, while doing another photo shoot in Vegas and did a recon mission himself. He called us at 3 am EST and said we were going to LOVE RUMOR. So far so good. Little did I expect when we got there just how much RUMOR WOULD BLOW US AWAY. Let me start by saying that the communication of the Events Director Susan Hall and the wedding coordinator Joni Mitchel was on another level. Being 3,000 miles away and coordinating your wedding can make a stressful situation worse, however this was not the case. The immediate and thorough communication that these two amazing woman maintained with us during the entire process was the equivalent to speaking to them in person. OUTSTANDING is the only word that comes to mind. It gets better. My first day there, I bumped into this strapping young lad of a Food and Beverage Director by the name of Benjamin Ortiz. We immediately connected on multiple levels due to the fact that Ben is originally from Queens. Several Yankees and Red Sox jabs later and it's safe to say that not only did BEN ORTIZ and KATIE CALVERT help make our Wediing the GREATEST DAY OF OUR LIVES, but they also became family to us. You see that is what separates Rumor from any other wedding venue that I or any of our friends or family have attended before. THEY CARE. THEY MAKE SURE THAT YOU NOT ONLY GET WHAT YOU WANT, BUT THEY MAKE YOU NEVER WANT TO LEAVE. fROM THE CLEANING CREW, TO THE OWNERS, they all know who you are and genuinely care and love their jobs. It is the most professional AND most relaxed environment any of us have ever been to. My God! I forgot the FOOD! To die for. The rehearsal dinner we had a gathering of close to 20 people and many of our friends and family are already married. They said it was by far THE GREATEST MEAL THEY HAD EVER HAD AT A WEDDING. The Chef and staff comes out to also make sure that everything is to your liking. Carey the bartender is the man. No if ands or buts. One of the best bartenders in Vegas. Jonathon from security is the MAN! Heart of Gold.

BOTTOM LINE. The entire wedding party is already rebooking for next May to return to Rumor. We are going to turn it into an annual tradition for our group of 40 to return to Rumor and there is a reason for that.

RUMOR = HOME

To Susan, Joni, Carey, John, Katie and BEN. You just added 40 people to your family, and if you visit us, you have a family in Boston waiting to see you.

GO TO RUMOR AND THANK ME LATER. You might just create a life long bond with truly amazing and gifted people.

• Stayed May 2011
Rumor1, Manager at Rumor Hotel, responded to this review, June 2, 2011
Congratulations on your very wonderful day and thank you for allowing us to be a part of your special day! We are very lucky to have a great team here at Rumor. Thank you very much for all the kind words about our team and I do hope you consider them family now.
See you next year for your Anniversary.

Hotel Manager

Been to Rumor Hotel? Share your experiences!