“Loved everything about this hotel but will not stay again.” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Ranked #15 of 270 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
oakville, Canada
“Loved everything about this hotel but will not stay again.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2010

I was not going to write a review but last night I saw a article on TA about the managers reading the reviews and making changes to Aria. One of the things they are going to change is the buffet and we LOVED the buffet and had eaten at Wynn's buffet the night before and Aria's was so much better. Also no line up to get in and not squashed beside the next table. Great crab legs and everything fresh. The only complaint was they were short of table servers and the older gentleman who was looking after our table was run ragged he had such a big area to cover. This is not a complaint against him he busy the whole time but felt it was very unfair of management not to have sufficient wait staff. He had to take abuse from customers who insisted on immediate service and I felt sorry for him. The night we were there you could have lobster if you paid extra and the lobster was so small it was not worth the time to cook it. Lesson learned...do not bother with the lobster but everything else was so good.

The hotel was just beautiful. I am not big on modern design but this hotel was great. We had a comp'd room in a tower suit and it was just so nice. Prior to staying at Aria we were comp'd three nights at the Palazzo so I had a good reference point for comparison. I thought Aria was superior. I just loved the seperate bedroom with the floor to ceiling windows right beside the bed. The bathroom was beautiful and loved the frosted sliding doors to the bathroom. The layout of the bathroom is different from the discription I have read about the regular rooms. The little extras made the experience so much better. A small box of toothpaste and toothbrush, a box with a shaver plus all the usual stuff. The bed was so comfortable we contacted Seally when we got back to Canada to see where we could purchase a mattress like it. Another bonus about the suit was the fridge it the bar area. It had it's own ice making machine so we did not have to go in search of ice....Just loved this hotel room.

We thought Crystals was great, it was like walking inside of a actual work of art. I never had a problem walking around with out a place to sit. I always find the walk from Encore to Wynn a long haul and have had to stopp numerous times because if have a problem with my hip.

When we arrived there were not a lot of people waiting to be served and there was a host who assisted us to the next available registration clerk so check in was efficient. Our room was not ready and this is the first time in all the years we have been coming to Vegas that we could not get in our room early but this is only a compent not a complaint.
After we registered we asked the host if there was someplace we could pick up our room key with out standing in line again and he said we just had to come to him and tell him and he would get us in the next available line.

Restraunts.....the 24 hour cafe (can not remember the name) was good for breakfast but were not impressed with lunch or supper.

Staff....all the staff with one exception were very friendly and helpful. The man at the players booth was kind of condesending. I had trouble getting my free play to work and it was a long walk from my slot machine back to the players desk to get it fixed and he seemed annoyed with me but everyone has bad days. The players desk was sufficiently staffed and the casino wait staff were excellent and never had to wait for a drink. I was looking for a particular slot machine and asked a staff member and he walked me right to the machine which I thought was great.

OK so now I will tell you why I will not return to Aria. I love to play the slots which is why we get our rooms comp'd. I will play for hours on penny machines which are around $3.50 a pull for max bet. I did not like the set up of the slot machines. They do not give you the option of picking the number of line you want to play or how much you want to bet per line. Instead its bet 50 or 100 or 150 ect. I like to be in control of my betting and be able to change the number of line and value of the bet if I feel the machine is to tight or in a winning mode. I really hated this new way of betting and gambling is a big part of my Vegas vacation. I play were i stay so the casino needs to meet my gambling requirements and this casino does not. I did not mind the darkness of the casino and even liked the darkness but gambling experience was not good so I will return to Palazzo for future visits.

I also loved the pool area, lots of room and did not seem to have the loud drunken party type of guests.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3,985)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Nashville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2010

My husband and I spent Final 4 weekend in Vegas at Aria with another couple. The reviews I read before we went were mixed so I went in with an open mind.

The Pros:

- The LOCATION!!!! This hotel is right in the middle of everything! Smack dab in the middle of the strip! You can walk to the nearby casinos or take an inexpensive cab ride if you choose. You are also surrounded by the brand new Crystals shopping center, where even if you can't afford anything, it's worth a stroll thru!
- The hotel itself is absolutely beautiful. This is definitely a more modern/contemorary hotel with dark, urban decor. More like something you'd find in New York, not Vegas. If you are looking for the glitz and glam of classic Vegas, then this is not the hotel for you.
- The rooms were wonderful. I don't think there's a bad view in the whole place because even though we didn't have a "strip" view, our view was still amazing and the windows (even though they were dirty) were floor to ceiling, so that was pretty cool too. The bed was like a little piece of heaven, and even though we were too hyper to sleep, when we finally did rest our heads, it was like laying on a cloud. The bathrooms were very good size with double sinks, seperate shower/walk-thru tub and a seperate toilet room. The technology was cool once it worked.
- The food. You could literally not leave the hotel and eat at a different restaurant for every meal. There are a lot of them. But the ones we tried were very good. Late night/early breakfast at Cafe Vettro. The poolside cafe, Breezes, for lunch. Jean-Phillipe Patisserie for coffee and pastries. Skybox had great sports bar food. (Sidenote: Dos Caminos in the Palazzo was our favorite lunch spot. Nobu in Hard Rock was our favorite dinner spot. We also ate at Aureole in Mandalay Bay and of course In-and-Out Burger off the strip.)
- The pool was really nice. Not to many people comment on this for some reason. There are a few different pools all within the same vicinity so there is PLENTY of room for everyone. They also have a dayclub pool called LIQUID that we went into for a few hours that could be fun if you're in the mood for that sort of thing. This is the pool that you need to show your ID to get into. It is very obviously in favor of pretty people and if you don't meet those standards, then you either won't get in or they won't give you any "perks." This is the pool that you may have seen Heidi Montag showing off her new bikini bod after surgery.
- The Sports Book. We spent a lot of time watching the games here and it was really great! Plenty of seating. Plenty of TVs. The waitresses were nice and efficient. Overall great place to go watch a game.

And the Cons:
- The Casino! I will preface this by saying we are a lively, hoot and hollerin' bunch and like to have fun when we gamble and the dealers were just not having it! It seemed very serious and didn't seem to fit in with the theme of the hotel. Were the tables hot/cold? I couldn't tell you, all I know is that when we gambled there, we just didn't have a good time. And there are too many other casinos around that want you to have a good time to waste your time gambling here.
- The technology. (Sort of.) Like I said before, the technology was cool once it worked, but ours didn't work the first day and they had to send up a tech to literally take apart the room desk to fix it. He hung out with us for a good half an hour until it was fixed. Did we complain to the manager, no, but we're not the complaining type. So if this is something that would really bother you, then you might also have an issue with this hotel.

Overall we had a wonderful experience at Aria and would definitely go back!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with friends
Redwood City, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2010

Here we are 2nd time at Aria this summer, and read LV Sun article. We had to LOL because tho our experience this time is better, it was a bit of a wild time last visit.

My mother died this year. I came to Aria end of April to relax. My computer guru husband went to the room computer to close the drapes and turn on the tv. Nothing was working. He called the front desk. They were sending someone up. 5 min later the drapes suddenly close, TV shuts down, lights are all off and we're in total darkness. We are stunned and spooked. Mark calls the front desk to tell them what happened, they said they'd send someone up. Waiting again, Mark tried to change some things on the room controls. Nothing worked. Mark tried the TV remote. Nothing works. Suddenly the drapes fly open, the TV turns on to new age nature music, all the lights come on. Mark calls the front desk to tell them. Same answer. We'll send someone up. We're still waiting when I hear a horse galloping and I'm freaking out a little bit. Took me a minute to realize it was the nature music channel. Suddenly the drapes close, the tv shuts down and we're in darkness again, laughing at ourselves and the situation.

Finally there's a knock on the door. A young man with a backpack is there to reset everything. He explains the TV remote often stops working when the computer has been reset. *light dawns* They reset the computer 3xs remotely WITHOUT telling us they were doing it, or what would happen. Now the young man remotely resets computer and remotely resets the remote and leaves. He didn't look like or act like an Aria employee. His arrival and departure was surreal.

We're back at Aria again because of a great deal, and this time we experienced what they were going for - as we walked into our room the drapes opened, the TV came on to a Jazz station, and the bed reading lights came up. Ahhh, that's the greeting that's supposed to happen.

BTW, our first visit we had an incredible dinner and service at Barmasa Restaurant. That and the pool area are fond memories, and brought us back. Besides, my husband won $4000 this same trip. *chuckle*

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
los angeles, ca
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2010

Chose the Aria because we were traveling with our 9-month old son and needed a suite with space to put him to sleep in. Found a great deal for a corner suite at Aria, and boy was it a great room! We were able to set up my son's pack and play in the half bathroom, so that we didnt need to tiptoe around while he was napping. it's a very large half bath!

As far as the room goes, we were on the 14th floor and had an incredible view! Our corner suite overlooked the pool, Monte Carlo and the interior of City Center. We could see Paris, Planet Hollywood, MGM Grand, Monte Carlo, Mandalay Bay and Palms, among other properties.

The rooms was nicely appointed. The TVs were big and had lots of HD channels (no HBO thought). The master bath was huge, with a nice whirlpool tub, separate shower and 2 sinks. The view from the bathroom was the best in the suite. The bidet was pretty cool.

The bed was cozy and everything seemed clean and modern in style. The room controls, including the curtains, TVs, thermostats and lights, were pretty nifty.

Overall, the room was great. On the downside, as cool as the room controls were, it was a pain not to have manual overrides for some of the lights. to turn on only a desk lamp in the living room, you either had to turn on the TV and use the remote control to navigate to room controls and turn it on there, or use the touch-screen controller in the bedroom. The channel guide on the TV was slow, often not displaying the wrong program information, and was unresponsive when we tried changing channels a few times.

Other reviews that the halls are long are not understatements... when I was alone, I'd jog through the halls to our suite (at the end of the hall), and it would take 103 long jogging strides, 30-40 seconds of running to get from the elevator.

The hotel/casino was beautiful, and not quite as dark as it seemed the first time we walked through on a previous trip. EVERYTHING is overpriced. A coffee that would normally be $3 at starbucks was $7 at their coffee shop. Fortunately we had resort credit with our package, otherwise we wouldnt have purchased anything.

We ate at the buffet twice (with our resort credit). Both times the food was pretty much the same, and as vegetarians, had little for us. The sushi was ok. Naan was delicious. Salad bar was small. There were lots of carving stations and seafood entrees that would make it a better value, if we ate them. Overall, not terrible for the price, but I've liked the Rio and Planet Hollywood buffets better. the cookies and other desserts were pretty good.

We went to the pool one morning, around 8am, when it was still in the shade of the building. It was nice and quiet, other than music being played.

I play blackjack and craps, and my wife and I both play poker. The poker room only had 1 4-8 limit table, only at night. everything else was no-limit, which we dont play. We didnt come back the second night, in favor of monte carlo's poker room. I played a little $10 BJ, and $10 craps, but later went over to MC in favor of $5 craps. One cool thing about the poker room, though, is the Ivey Room, where we saw a few famous poker players in a $150k buy-in game.

After we each played for a few days we went over to the players club desk to ask about comps and the woman had such an attitude, basically refusing to check and see if we'd earned a few dollars. She said we should just go to dinner and charge it to our room, and after we checked out, the players club would see about comping the meal. (seriously???) We then went to the poker room and told our story and were given the $9 of comps we earned there as well as a $20 food and beverage voucher to make up for the other lady being nasty to us. When we got up to the room we called the front desk to tell them about how disappointed we were with that woman and they offered $50 food and beverage credit, as well as 2 free spa entries. So, customer service isnt all that bad -- dont let one bad apple ruin the whole bunch.

All in all, a pretty good experience. The thing is, unless we're staying at Aria again (which will take a really really sweet deal with resort credit), we probably wont visit again. no reason to walk all the way from the strip, through the overpriced mall, just to get to a bland, overpriced casino. The tram doesnt do much, since it's a longer walk to the back of bellagio or MC to reach the stations, than it is to simply walk straight up the path from the strip. Even though we enjoyed our stay, we'll probably aim for ventian, wynn or bellagio next time we want a luxury hotel.

A few notes -- call the valet before you leave the room. if you take your ticket to the north valet, it'll take 20 minutes for them to get your car. Also, it's quicker to walk to monte carlo than to take the tram, which requires a 15 minute walk into Crystals just to access the "aria" station.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Cleveland, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2010

For such a nice hotel, check in experience was horrible, customer service lacked, room service was sketchy, room was poorly designed.
Front Desk check in lines were extremely long at our check in time of 3:30pm. Our rooms were not ready we had (3). We came back an hour later and 2 of them still were not ready. Guest assistance woman walking around tried to assist us but could not get anywhere herself with the front desk staff. We finally had to go to Management.
Room design was poor, could not find an electrical outlet by the beds to use for my fathers C-PAP machine, had to get extension cord. Can't find what buttons in room operates what lights, drapes squeeked loud when they moved, Confusing layout of entire building when walking in halls. Overall I would not pay any more that 70-100 for a night. Breakfast for 2 eggs and juice came to 80.00.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2010

I was fortunate to have been able to have access to the Invited Guests check in line or else I would have had to join the sea of people who were waiting in line to check in. Yikes! I don't know if all the flights arrive in Vegas at the same time or do people not know that at ARIA you can check in at any hour as long as they have a room available?

Overall, the hotel is absolutely gorgeous--the design, the colors and textures. It was fun to walk around and be impressed by all the work that went into it. Absolutely, stunning!

ROOMS
The room was clean although there was debris on the floors of the wing not only where we were staying but also on the other floors where friends were staying on, which is why I did not rate cleanliness as excellent.

I loved the set up of the shower and tub! I lamented not bringing bubble bath, but the shower gel worked nicely.

The low point of our stay would have to be the temperature controls of the room. No matter how much we fiddled with it, the temperature never lowered than to what we requested. And it was very much 100 degree weather outside. We didn't figure this out until late the evening we stayed since we were out of the room all day. It was hot and miserable and made it difficult to sleep.

POOL
The pool area was comfortable and we enjoyed prompt and attentive cocktail service.

FOOD
We love food and dining out and the restaurants did not disappoint. Sure, the prices are high, but for the type of property it is ranked in the league of Wynn, Encore, and the Bellagio, what do you expect?? The prices of a food court or Outback? I don't think so!

We ate at Julian Serrano for lunch one day (Yum!! Loved the red, white sangria and tried a bunch of dishes-- too many to name *blush*. Save room for the churros with spicy chocolate dipping sauce). For dinner did the tasting at Sirio for dinner (a great value given the portion size and the selection. also great service!!), and had breakfast at Silk Road at Vdara which is a five minute walk from the guest elevators. If you enjoy breakfast taken to the next level, you must check this out! On Sunday they have brunch. The blueberry ricota pancakes were heavenly and I still dream of eating them to this day!!

VIVA ELVIS
A fun show, not the original style of Cirque du Soliel show heavy on acrobatics, but enjoyable if you can appreciate dance. An energetic cast, the live band, and video footage of Elvis made it a fun night out. Ticket prices are on the higher end of other Cirque shows. As a hotel guest, you get a comp seat upgrade.

SERVICE
The staff we came in contact with had a pleasant demeanor. From the security stationed by guest elevators, the Concierge desk, Valet, I felt welcomed. Leading up to my visit and reading the reviews I have to say that it is unfortunate that one lapse of service delivered by one person mars the view of all of the staff. You can tell they take pride in what they do and there is genuine hospitality.

Based on the experience I had, I would recommend critically sizing up the negative reviews. Some just vent and spew negativity without even indicating went wrong. My experience as a hotel guest at ARIA was a pleasant one and I would consider returning in a heartbeat. To stay or even just to eat!!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Newark, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2010

Twenty five minutes to check in. Aria employee points me to stand in a certain line. Guests in front of me are taking a long time to check in. The same employee directs subsequent guests to get in a shorter line than what i have been in. They show up after me and check in before me. What a horrible check in system.

Walk into to room and in the entry foyer pieces of the sheet rock ceiling are missing. does anyone check these rooms.

Cold water at the two sinks at best were a slow drip. For two days I brushed my teeth with hot water. You would thing the housekeeper would notify facilities to repair the sink. It certainly is not my responsibility.

Unless you are Bill Gates, after two days I still can figure out how to work all the unnecessary tech garbage in the room.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business