“Very nice, modern, and techie rooms still a few glitches” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Ranked #16 of 274 hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Berkeley, California
“Very nice, modern, and techie rooms still a few glitches”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2010

I stayed for two nights sharing my room with a 30+ year college friend. Rooms are very nice, pretty big, and very high tech. The bed and linens are very, very comfortable. I really enjoyed playing with the TV remote to control all the lighting, curtains, and temp. in the room. You can also do it with the touch screen clock at bed side. Three of the light bulbs in the bathroom where not working (still plenty of light generally) but the maid didn't seem to notice so I called it in and they were fixed when I came back to the room. Also the wireless phone handset didn't seem to work, you could only use it in speaker phone mode (there was a regular phone which worked fine).

While not on the Strip, one can take a tram or walk (only about 700ft outside too) to the Bellagio. Their Spa was $30/day and really nice -- good workout equip. plus the usual sauna, steam room, dunking pools, and a "salt" room and a "rock" room for relaxing. I left on a late flight so I actually spent a few hours in the gym working out and the spa area relaxing and reading. The pools are nice but none seem to be deeper than 4 feet at any point.

They have/had great rates (occupancy seemed high but Vegas was packed in general and they are not yet very well known nor are they really a Strip location). However, it is only the initial room rate that was low. Everything else is very expensive from $4 coffee at their coffee and pastry shop to about $25 basic breakfast with tax and tip.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with friends

11,874 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,738)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Toronto, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2010

We were very excited to stay at Aria, having stayed at other Vegas strip properties in the past-- and watched the various phases of construction. We were so disappointed with the hotel once we arrived. Upon check-in, our hotel room was not cleaned and beds were unmade from the previous guest. So, we "shelped" back down the too long hallways back to the registration area and were given another room. The second room appeared to be great, so we unpacked. Once I went into the bathroom, I saw that the toilet was filthy and there were random hairs in various places in the bathroom.

Having already unpacked, we decided that we'd go down to the check-in, tell them they needed to go clean the bathroom and went out for a few hours. When we arrived back, the bathroom seem to have been cleaned- hairs were gone from around the sink, and the toilet seat was down.

The toilet was not cleaned, and what was more distrubing was that they had obviously cleaned the rest of the bathroom and put the seat down!

There were other issues like pretzels under the bed, and old shopping bags from previous guests as well.

The beds were very comfortable!

re: the rest of the hotel: Part of the roof by the buffet seemed to leak when it rained, so they set up a parimeter to walk around.

The pool area was nice and good service there.

The Jean-Georges steak house was also great. HIGHLY recommend the mashed potatoes- fries aren't great.

The attitude of the staff was pleasant.

The location of the hotel is ok- but it's not "at the doorstep" of the stip- it's a bit of a maze to get in and out of the hotel.

All in all, I'd say to stay somewhere else.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with friends
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2010

The staff is very friendly, and the rooms are really great. We had a sky loft room so I dont know how the regular room are. The pools are family freindly but not too loud and crazy. Very relaxing. The beds are awsome!!!! The only downside is that they have very few quarter slots, there mare lots of dollar and penny though. I would stay here again anytime.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
binghamton, ny
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2010

The Aria is a pretty new hotel on the Strip, part of a complex called City Center. I had a birthday celebration there with ten friends and all went fairly well. It is a beautiful new place (some of the hotels on the Strip really are showing their age), beautiful rooms, bathrooms, flat screens and wonderful beds. But it is also huge and there were some glitches in terms of registration -- getting the right kinds of room (that is, non-smoking), not having access to rooms during a normal check-in time, cleaning etc. Having said that, the hotel did its best to compensate inconvenience with comps and perks and the like.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with friends
Oakland, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2010

I stayed at the Aria for a conference for work, so the decision about where to stay was made for me and the cost wasn't a factor because it was paid by work.

The rooms were nice. Generally functional and felt large. The automation was nice, but several of the lights didn't work and one of the light fixtures in the bathroom was falling out of the ceiling. After a week, I still hadn't mastered the remote control and I'm a techie! My roommate decided that it wasn't worth the effort to try.

The staff was remarkably friendly, but we had repeated problems with housekeeping: never replaced the complementary mouthwash, didn't leave any hand towels one day, and didn't vacuum for several days.

Ordered a medium-rare hamburger at the cafe and got a piece of charcoal. I didn't have time to wait for a new burger, but the manager did refill by beer at no charge.

There's a tram to the Bellagio, but the walk to the tram stop was almost as long as the walk to the Bellagio itself!

Overall, a mixed bag. It wasn't unpleasant to stay there, but I would have been upset if I had been paying out of my own pocket. I won't be staying at Aria for my next trip unless they make me a great offer on my room. Even then, I'll probably head to one of the properties at Mandalay Bay or the Wynn/Encore.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2010

I was concerned about some of the reviews concerning service at this fairly new hotel but we found it to be excellent, with a friendly and helpful staff. It may be that due to the size of the hotel, it will just take longer to iron out service glitches.

Our room was a beautiful corner suite of modern yet welcoming design chock full of great electronic gadgetry. You can control everything from the curtains, music, to temperature from a bedside screen. We have had many nice hotel rooms in our travels and this one ranked up there with the best. Our suite at Aria was comparable to one we had several nights prior at the new Amangiri in southern Utah.

The public areas are modern and beautiful. We had fun just enjoying the interior and exterior design. The location is excellent--right between what we think are the two major sectprs of the Strip and easy walking distance to both. The pool area is large and chaise lounges were readily available during our weekend stay.

We had dinner at American Fish--which was so-so..but all in all, we would recommend Aria, especially if you can get a good deal on a corner suite!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
York, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2010

we decided to treat ourselves to 5* hotel in las vegas, and managed to get a reasonale rate through our travel agent - the hotel was only finished last year and our room being a standard ws not only massive, double sink, walk in shower, bath with seating area ! - but also evrything was IT based- from turning on the TV to opening the curtains - we loved it! the huge bead was heaven!
the resort is located near to the luxor end of the strip, so bit of a walk to the tackier end of las vegas- my husband and i are not big gamblers so this was perfect for us - we found the other hotels to be a tired and dated in comparison
evrything felt new and shiney and we felt like we were in luxory, but prices were extortionate - on the two nights there we ate at the same hotel restauarany : Lemongrass - thai restauarnt - the food and service here was great, and not too pricey
i would recommend the Aria if you're someone who is likely to get fed up gambling v quickly as we did , there is an outdoor pool and i think there was a gym too
loved it!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to ARIA Resort & Casino? Share your experiences!