“Angry, frustrated, and looking into a lawsuit against this hotel!!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of ARIA Resort & Casino

Ranked #15 of 269 Hotels in Las Vegas
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Scottsdale, AZ
“Angry, frustrated, and looking into a lawsuit against this hotel!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2010

We have stayed with Aria's sister property, Bellagio before, and dropped over $100,000 our last trip there last year. So we decided on a whim to try out the newest hotel on the strip: Aria. Words fail to describe just how bad our experience was. Everything went wrong straight away; from the limo service to the hotel to the check in experience. The suite was nothing spectacular...but that's not really the point of my review. More importantly, it's that I was actually yelled at by one of their staff members. This was while I was searching for the ladies room, and didn't understand exactly where it was...it was confusing due to the fact that it's joined all within the same entry as the men's room and the companion restroom. I have multiple sclerosis, which is a disease of the central nervous system; this can cause me to have great confusion at times. Which lead to the employee of this hotel to YELL REPEATABLY at me, and to even go so far as to point me out to OTHER GUESTS, and make a very snide comment about me. My husband immediately went to speak with the hotel management about this employee, and they were allegedly "flabbergasted" at the employee's behavior. But then the management never bothered to do much more than to apologize to my husband for me. They never made a point to walk over to me to apologize to me personally. Furthermore, there is absolutely nowhere to sit in the casino, unless you spend money in a restaurant or at a slot machine. Doing these things is fine...but what about when you just want to take a break, and want to sit and relax without spending money for a few moments??? Sure, there is some granite benches (very few) located in the main lobby. But that's it. If you have a disability such as I do, you are just out of luck. It's a complete seperation of healthy people and people with disabilities. After thinking the experience over, my husband and I are strongly looking into a lawsuit against this hotel. We feel that no one should ever be yelled at by a hotel employee...especially not us, considering we have spent between Bellagio and Aria dollars well into the 6 figure range. Besides, it's important that this hotel management recognizes the importance of it's employees being instructed by their human resources department some sensativity training in regards to the Americans With Disabilities Act.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3,672)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
stayfunny
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2010

The architecture was stunning and I liked the poker room, but

- there was a 45 min check-in
- the room was dirty and had to be switched
- the keys didn't work even after many trips to the front desk and visits from the manager and facilities/security
- the player card I got in the poker room didn't work at the slots
- Haze was ghetto with $18 drinks
- express check-out didn't work
- the pool opened on Saturday but it took 45 min to bring food because there was no silverware

Like dating an unstable, bipolar model who is not on his/her meds... ...Aria is a hot mess. She's a one night stand and nothing more. I am returning to Vegas next month and I am not allowing my group to stay at Aria as originally planned. Friends don't let friends... ...walk into the same disaster.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with friends
Lake Arrowhead, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2010

We decided to stay at the Aria because it looked very nice and we figured it would be a different experience. From the begining it was different. It took over 30 mins to check in (doesn't included standing in line). It also took over an hour to get our luggage from the bell desk (spent 35 mins on hold). The room was neat to walk into because of technology reasons. When we got to the room the trash was not dumped and being in a smoking room seems like ash trays would have been there but there wasn't any. Finding the room was a hassle. Took 10 mins to get to the room from the elevator. Once we finally got our luggage and got ready to go out to the strip, it took over an hour to get out there. We did get $50 dollar comp for the mishabs so we ate at the buffet. It had a large selection but the food wasn't worth the price...thank God we used our comp. We decided to check out after one night and had a blast down on fremont street. This hotel is more for the people who want to spend time in the room or around the hotel. Since I'm young I wouldn't recommend it to anyone who wants to drink on the strip. However my mother checked out and said she wouldn't recommend either.

• Stayed February 2010
Whitby, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2010

I just spent Valentine's weekend at the new Aria Hotel and Casino. I have been keenly watching the construction of this facility for a few years now and I am glad to say that this hotel lived up to the hype. Beautiful state of the art rooms, wonderful decor throughout the entire hotel and excellent service.
We had an amazing Valentine's dinner at Sirio's in Aria. Best Italian Food Experience Ever!!!! My girlfriend had the gnocchi and I had the lasagna for entrees. I'm not much of a wine connoisseur but their wine list was huge. We were going to go with the 1986 Italian Red for $17,500 but decided on the Cabernet by the glass for $20. :) Also ate at the Buffet at Aria and Skybox Sports Bar and Grill.
Casino was great. Dealers and Pit Bosses were very friendly. Waitresses were serving you very promptly when gambling.
I did well at the tables so before we went out on the town for Valentine's, I treated myself to a Sportsman's Grooming Shave with Brian at the Spa. He has created a great old school barber shop right in the middle of this modern hotel. Highly recommend the shave boys!
If I had to have one knock on Aria it was this: We paid to upgrade our room for one with a better view. I was shocked to find that the outside of the windows were filthy. It was impossible to take a decent picture with the windows in this conditions. But I'll chalk it up to construction dust. Hopefully they will remedy this situation.
Great experience at Aria and I highly recommend it.

pa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2010

My bf and I stayed here last week, and we were definetly impressed. Check in was a little long but worth it. Upon entering your room the curtains open, the tv comes on with relaxing music, and the lights come on. Talk about technology. Everything about the room was impressive. The bathroom was awesome as well with a tub and seperate shower. This was the cleanest room I have ever experienced. There are alot of snooty people in here. The slots are also for the high spenders. I did not noticed too many people gambling here. I lost a few hundred in about five minutes on the slots. That is not fun for me. I went over to Excalibur and a great time for hours and hours. I highly recommed this hotel if you are looking for luxury, but gambling is not desired for me here. The staff is also snooty I did not find one friendly staff member. I felt like they were robots. It also seems like they have a preference to hiring asains.

Los Angeles, CA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2010

Similar to another review I saw, I've never written a review but I was so disappointed by Aria that I felt THIS compelled to warn others to choose elsewhere. Admittedly, some of the points pertain more strongly to women and men.

This will be short and sweet. And I'll start with the most disappointing points first.
1. Phone reception sucks unless you have Sprint (at least someone with Sprint told me that this). You will have minimal IF ANY reception in the hotel The first floor or near windows are seemingly better for reception.
2. I could hear ALL my neighbors' conversations in their rooms.
3. The pickup for valet is FAR away from the reception.
4. The bathtub is behind the shower in ONE unit.
5. The water pressue in the shower is low.
6. No counter space in the bathroom, no vanity area and no alternate "vanity" area in the living area to allow someone to get ready outside the bathroom.
7 Insufficient plugs. Only two on the desk and two in the bathroom
8. The ambience is NOT calming and the interior decoration is like they tried to cram every "great" idea in at once.
9. Bad Customer Service - We did not get the room we reserved and they refused to comp us for taking a staying in a room we did not want (wanted 2 queen beds but had to take one with only one king).
10. Bad Customer Service - We requested a late checkout the night before and then when we called again the next morning to confirm they said that under no circumstances could we have a late checkout but then after arguing further., then "found" the note in the system.
11 Bad Customer Service - When our room service was brought to our room, the server proceeded to tell of us other menu items not listed in the menu...we were unable to change our order by that time.
12. The clubs and lounges were less than exciting...

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with friends
Big D
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2010

I stayed at ARIA from February 17-20. All the way down the line, I found the staff efficient and professional. They were proud of their new property and seemed very anxious to please. My "standard" room was probably the one of the very best I have stayed in - - and I've stayed in a lot of Las Vegas hotels! Warning - - if you are not high-tech, you might feel a bit intimidated by the requirement to use a bedside or remote-controlled TV monitor to set your alarm clock. The draperies, lights, temperature, do-not-disturb, make-up-room operations are all controlled by this system as well. Took me a few minutes to "learn" how to operate the gizmo, but once I figured it out, I loved it! Without a doubt, the MOST comfortable bed ever! The casino is very dark and contemporary. The entire CityCenter is extremely futuristic so if modern isn't your thing, visit - - but don't stay there. The restaurants are all pricey and all the retail is high-end - - VERY high-end. To recap - - I thought the staff were fine. The property was first class all the way and if futuristic architecture turns you on - - this is the place for you! Otherwise, stay at Wynne, Bellagio, or the Venetian and go to CItyCenter for a visit.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled solo

Been to ARIA Resort & Casino? Share your experiences!