“Modern and sleek - albeit dark” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Ranked #16 of 271 hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Tucson, Arizona
“Modern and sleek - albeit dark”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

Stayed at Aria on annual holiday visit to Vegas. Have stayed at most of the hotels on the strip and Aria is certainly among the better resorts on the strip.

The hotel is sleek, modern and aesthetically pleasing to the eye. It is environmentally conscious and fits into the City Center theme. The interior has a lot of dark woods, curves, and various shades of brown...which at times, makes the hotel seem very dark.

Stayed at a deluxe king room on a Zarkana package. The rooms are tastefully decorated with smart electronics controlling the shades, lighting, tv, etc. The square footage of the room is on the small side. There are floor to ceiling windows which make the room seem larger. The bathroom is sleek, with a tub and standing shower stall behind a glass door - some may find it "cave like".

Ate at American Fish - actually had drinks and appetizers prior to Zarkana - great happy hour prices on select drinks (try the Tom Collins or bartenders choice) and small samples of wonderful food - fish'n chips, truffle mac and cheese, etc..great prices for a strip restauarant.

Zarkana was a typical Cirque du Soleil show with wonderful acrobatics, clowns, and singers. I wouldn't put it up there with "O" or "Ka" but enjoyable.

The only downsides were the checkin and checkout processes....both with LONG lines. We tried using the option of in-room checkout on the TV but the service wouldn't allow it so we ended up waiting in line for 30 min to checkout.

Tip: If you have a car, valet the car at the NORTH Valet....easy in and easy out! Avoid the main valet.

Room Tip: Rooms are on the small side for square footage. We had a deluxe King and the room was about 400sq f...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

12,056 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,790)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
cary, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

Aria is one of the best hotels I've ever had!!!!! The service is excellent!!!!! The hotel is connected to Crystals, small but one of the most high class malls I've ever seen!!!!! The hotel is pretty big; well every hotel in Las Vegas is. The hotel is in an excellent location, smack in the center of the strip. The buffet is really good!!!!! When we went into the hotel room, it was SO high-class!!!!! it had a thick looking iPad thingy as a remote for the TV and you could press what type of anything you prefer-even music!!!!! When we stepped in, the curtains opened automatically to a beautiful view !!!!! Such a GREAT STAY!!!!!

Room Tip: Choose a strip view!!!!!
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Los Angeles, California, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

I had the worst experience of my life when I stayed at Aria around Halloween time. I'm writing the review now because we are headed out to Vegas again this week and staying at the Cosmo. My fiance has some business and I plan on spending my time looking for an attorney to sue this hotel. In a nutshell, here is what happened... They stopped me for no reason at all as I came out of the elevator. They identified themselves as police officers and claimed there was a call about someone being held against their will in our room. That didn't make any sense because they didn't come to our room, they stopped me in the casino by the cafe. Then they said my name was on a "red flag" list which is for trespassers. I told them that my name was on the registeration, but they didn't care. They continued to humiliate me in a very public area making all kinds of accusations. Even the head of security came out and threatened to "to me downstairs and process me" and told me I would be going to jail that night. I was so embarassed because everyone walking by probably thought I was a prostitute. I didn't even go out the rest of the trip because I didn't want anyone to see me.

My fiance was in the room this whole time watching our 10 month old who is very difficult to put to sleep. He had to wake him up and come to the lobby. It was a huge fiasco that ended with us calling the police to press charges against their security team. Even when they realized that I was a legitimate hotel guest, they still continued to treat me like a criminal. The worst part is that we expressed our anger to the management and didn't even receive a call. My fiance wrote our story, and still we didn't get a call. They don't care!! I'll keep writing these reviews to make everyone aware of how bad they are below the surface.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
San Francisco, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

Stayed 12/26/12 - 12/29/12. Room 19-108.
Scoring on a scale of 1 to 10 ...
Location is 2: not within a golden triangle. If I have to walk, which we all do when exploring, I rather stay near the golden triangle of Wynn-Venetian-Ballagio. We should not stay near the less-than-golden triangle. Find out what I mean your self. I will not shop there.
Check in is 2: Reception staff (David) is friendly. Those folks in grey uniforms which there're at least 6 of them standing around, adding no value to the long line.
Taxi stand is 1: it is away from the main entrance/drop off area. it is at the other end of the casino. Not centrally located.
Design is 2: seen many scratches and dents on walls/corners. No consistent use of materials. I hope they are not getting scraps from building materials suppliers to finish the floor. The hotel is not finished. 2nd floor is still WIP. Lobby design lacking style and theme. Confused identity. The rediculous smell in the air (vanilla mix?) gave me headache. Must be me. It's cold in LAS. The temp of the casino was cool (not warm) on 12/26 and 12/27. You could feel the warmer temp everywhere inside the hotel/casino on 12/28. Someone turned up the temp control when it is Friday. My opinion. Did not see many cleaning crews around the hotel.
Room:2. What corner view/window? Angled window shied/frame is not corner view. Room and bathroom are smaller than Venetian. Yes. The sensor for automatic operated curtain is good. Very cool. TV remote contoller is slow and the "previous" buton does not work. TV checkout does not work. Server hung for a long time. we gave up. Did the email checkout instead. Taking the chance of unexpected charges? Yes. But better than standing in line. BTW, it defeats the purpsoe of having online checkout if it does not work.
Room: Do hotel rooms greet you as you walk in the door? NO. Do they address you by name, or wish you “Goodnight,” or gently wake you in the morning? NO. No one explains how it work. The TV/computer does not show you the instruction neither. Useless claim. Deluxe room with city view? Yes. all I saw was the yellow build in the middle. Will higher flloor helps? No. Same bad cement view. Not the vibrant strip/city view.
Quality 2: It claims it is a 5 star/diamond? No slippers. No shower cap. No 2nd set of shampoor/conditioners/lotion (check in for one is the standard?) Did not refill/restock the bottle water (We are willing to pay) No refill/restock of lotion or toiletries. They are, all so called amenties, upon request (???). The mattress is sunk in in the middle (already?) No support. No light on the AC control panel. Very hard to view/see when in operation. Towel is tough, not soft or plush. They are three sets in the bathroom (not matching the sets of toiletreis?) and one set of hand/face towel in the drawer. Don't understand.
Food/Restaurants? See my other review. Lemongrass exceeded our expectation. The rest is bad.
We took a chance to stay a newer hotel with an open mind but we did not enjoy it a bit. Will not return for sure. We are not bargain hunter. it's disappointing experience. Not 5 star. Not 5 didmond. Not trendy. Not boutique style. Not luxury. Not unique. No minimalist. No extra service offerred in any form or shape from anyone during our stay. Yes. It cost less than other casino but I rather pay more for better service and experience/enjoyment.
Zarkana was FANTASTIC. Jaw dropping and eye popping. In fact, we will see it again ust to make sure we did not miss anything from the act.

Room Tip: Room 108 is away from elevator based on the floor layout. Room 19-108 has the yellow building in t...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012 via mobile

The Aria had great customer service from the moment we checked in. Aran (Argan?) at the front desk was very friendly and accomadating to our needs. He was very pleasant to deal with. We had originally booked tickets for Zarkana on Saturday night, but realized we had an event that night to attend. They were very accommodating in switching our show tickets to Friday prior to our arrival.
The hotel itself is very modern. Virtually no smoke odor and the casino area is very clean. We ate at the buffet for brunch on Saturday and it was fantastic! More food than we could even taste and a great selection!
The rooms are very clean and comfortable. The bed is comfortable with soft bedding. The room has a virtual control which allows you to set times for lights, climate, curtains, etc. There isn't a coffee maker, but a Starbucks is "coming soon" and there are plenty of close options in the hotel. The only con was the water pressure in the shower wasn't fantastic. Not as bad as other hotels but not great either. The shower is also a bit slippery to step into and there isn't a bath mat when stepping out. But overall those items aren't deal breakers.
Andrew at the front desk checked us out. He was very polite and funny, again keeping up with the great customer service of the hotel.

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

I recently stayed here over the holiday and took advantage of the good price deals. However I would not stay here again. I stayed in the regular room and not the nicer suites so I can't speak for them.

I was really excited upon checking in to the room to see the technology used in the rooms that seemed like it would be a convenience but turned out to be a pain. It was very difficult to use the remote to navigate through the controls for the lighting and curtains. Twice it did not work correctly and ended up closing the curtains and turning out the lights on me in the middle of the day! Then I was left to fumble in the dark to try to turn things back on. The opposite happened at night when I was in bed and opened up all the curtains instead. I can't imagine how low tech or older people would be able to work the thing.

And like I've now read in other reviews they placed me in a room as far from the elevator as possible! Really? No centrally located elevators? I really wish I would've asked for a room change. I was also as far from the ice as possible too so even bothering to go get that did not happen often. There was dust everywhere in the room. What felt like was going to be a heavenly plush bed to sleep in turned out to give me a terrible headache and back ache each day. Soft mattresses aren't so good for your back!

The concierge staff were really great but every time i needed to ask someone at the front desk something I would see the line to check-in was insanely long. And when I called I would be left to wait on hold forever. Also one of my phones did not work. And the lighting in the room is terrible.

I ate at Cafe Vettro twice and both times was given a long wait and was shocked to see empty tables everywhere once I got in. The food was just ok. Lunch was better than dinner though. The buffet was ok since I ate late and didn't have a line. I also didn't seem to have much food choices by then though. I did love Javiers for mexican food and the wonderful Jean Phillipe dessert place.

The crystals mall is a waste of space as far as I'm concerned. Way too high-end stores I would never shop at and the mall itself wasn't even particularly pretty I didn't think.

The only really good things were my view was nice and the location is convenient. I would check out Cosmopolitan or others next time though.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Menasha, Wisconsin, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

Excellent accomodations. The room was very clean, with nice amenities. In-room safe was much appreciated. Very comfortable bed and very quiet rooms; got excellent nights sleep. The hotel was upscale and very contemporary. Only thing it didn't have was a coffee maker in the room.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Been to ARIA Resort & Casino? Share your experiences!