“Location, location, location” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
“Location, location, location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012 via mobile

This was our third time to Las Vegas, but first at Aria. This wont be the last time at Aria. It was very clean, didn't smell of smoke and the beds were extremely comfortable. The room was very modern, with a touch screen to control the blinds, tv, lights etc and it was spacious.

Aria is close to everything, being it is in the central area of the strip. It has a monorail access and it is walking distance to the buses that take you up and down the strip and to the outlet shops.

However, there were no extras in the room such as, biscuits, chocolates like bellagio. The rooms are services once a day and we had to call room service as our room was not done after we left it around 1pm

Overall, a great experience and would recommend it to friends and family.

• Stayed October 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3,666)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Greensboro, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

My husband and I recently went to Las Vegas for our honeymoon, and we stayed at the Aria because we wanted to spoil ourselves for the occasion. This hotel is extravagant, beautiful, and truly classy...too classy for my taste, to be honest. I'll give my Pro and Con list, but I didn't want to let my personal opinions alter the overall star rating. Although I found myself feeling a little overwhelmed at times, it most definitely was not the result of a pretentious staff, uncomfortable accommodations, or uppity service.

PROS: All in all, the hotel is a stellar modern masterpiece. The grounds are maintained to perfection. The staff were all very helpful, courteous, and kind. The cleaning service is literally the best I've ever experienced...the room wasn't messy, so they took the extra time they had to shine our shoes! The rooms are equipped with lots of extras - a remote that controls everything from the TV to the lights to the curtains, bathrobes, vanity lighting in the bathroom for perfect make-up application (ladies will understand how important this is), and all of the shower goodies. Any time we realized we'd forgotten something, we were able to call the front desk, and the items were delivered to our room within minutes for no additional charge. The location was great - connected to the Monte Carlo via an indoor hallway and a very short walk to a free tram to the Bellagio. Soon, Zumanity will be opening, so there will also be easy access to an awesome Cirque du Soleil show. And...I can't write a review of the Aria without mentioning it...the hotel smells freaking fantastic.

CONS: For me, the hotel was a bit too much. My husband and I are both teachers, so a minibar with $6 sodas, limos, $150 salon styling, and table minimums of $25 were not only more than we wanted to pay, but simply seemed unnecessarily extravagant. As I mentioned before, this is just a personal preference, and it may be just what many people are looking for when heading to Vegas. We will likely go for a more laid back, fun-focused hotel when we return to the strip. Another preference thing, but one that is very important if you have back problems like I do, the beds are super soft and cozy and comfy...and they'll KILL your back.

Room Tip: There are different elevators depending on what floor you're on, so you will always have easy ac...
Cleveland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

I've been to Las Vegas a handful of times and have never stayed at the same place twice. This may be the exception to my rule. I was here during the end of September for two nights and I must say this hotel was great from top to bottom. Service was great, rooms were clean, beds were comfortable, pool was nice, and it is in a great location on the strip. We ate at a few of the restaurants and was very impressed with the service and quality of food. The sports book was also better than expected with a bar attached that has a pretty good and early happy hour. I would recommend this hotel to anyone and everyone.

Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

Stayed ar Aria for 9 nights (I think they all blurred together by the end). The hotel was modern, in a great location, close to everything. Rooms were clean, bed was superb (like sleeping on a cloud). We ate at the Tapas bar that was very good also.
Only negative was there is no option to use fridge, if you even more something to make room you have to pay. No tea/coffee facilities. We overcame this by getting an icebucket (at least the beer was kept cold)!! Also check in very busy on a Friday night (go figure)!
Not expert gamblers but had what we needed plus free drinks pretty regular. We saw the pool once but basically too busy in Vegas to use it. Would recommend Aria to anyone.

Barnsley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

The room was fantastic, with remote control access for everything in the room (curtains, lighting etc). The hotel is set back from the main strip, so that you have to walk through a small shopping centre to get onto the strip.

We didn't eat within the hotel as the restaurants were quite expensive.

The pool area is really nice, with relaxing music playing in the background

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

I stayed at Aria for a whole week. I just loved the atmosphere there. The rooms are luxurious and the ammedities are boundless. They even provide mouthwash in the bathrooms! The resort is top notch and should be rated 5 stars (if they are not already).

Room Tip: If you're willing to pay a little more, opt for the "Sky Suites". And don't forget...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
ARIAResort, Manager at ARIA Resort & Casino, responded to this review, October 4, 2012
Glen,

Thank you so much for your review! We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us and all of the amenities.

Also, thanks for leaving the great tip. We have to agree with you on recommending the Sky Suites and I believe you are talking about Jean Philippe Patisserie to get a treat.

We hope to see you again soon!

Derek
Manager
Montreal, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

Oh my! I really disliked my stay at the Aria. I was there for a convention and things started badly right at the check-in.

First, be prepared to wait a long time before speaking to a clerk. When I reached a clerk 20 minutes later, he told me that my room was not ready and quickly offered me a junior suite for 50$ more per night. As I didn't answer him, after a 5 seconds of silence, he grabbed the phone and miraculously was able to find a room : why didn't he call to verify the availability in the first place ? Because they will try to take the more money from you as possible.
The hotel has no charm and looks like a mall.
The room is ok, not great but ok. Their domotic system seems to experience some problems : I had to push on button 'close' to actually open the curtains and lights seemed to have a life on their own. The light panel near the door was falling apart (See picture attached). Bed sheets were torn apart (See picture attached). Be careful of the minibar : as soon as you lift an item, it is charged. But it's the check-out that gave me a real surprise. As I know that prices for phone calls made from the room are really prohibitive, I have used it only to call my wife, asking her to call me back. So, on average, it was less that 10 seconds for a call. They charged me 16 dollars for each call, no matter the length of the phone call : if I would have been aware of this policy, I wouldn't have used the phone, but they really want to make sure that you are not aware of this, so that they can get more of your money. In addition, they have charged 'by default' a 22$ romantic gift, even if you don't take it. They don't offer any complimentary bottle of water : they are kind of cheap for a 5 stars hotel.

I have stayed at the Four Seasons 3 years back : it was an incredible stay and the Aria is way behind the experience the Four seasons provides.

One good thing : the air in the casino is fresh and free of smoke smell.

I would not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Been to ARIA Resort & Casino? Share your experiences!