“Pluses and Minuses” 3 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Pluses and Minuses”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

Having stayed at Wynns and Encore previously, thought we would try something new this time. It wasn't our style in terms of decor: dark and brown, very masculine looking, and didn't seem to have the right ambience for us, although I am sure it would suit other people. Our main gripe is that on the first night we had a drink at Bar Moderno and my husband ordered a straight vodka and I ordered a Mojito. My husbands drink was small and definitely watered down. Normally a Mojito would go to my head as I am not a drinker, but it was like having a soft drink. We mentioned this to the server and also sent a note to the manager and no response. (Note we are not complainers and this is the first time in my 60 years that I have had to complain about the quality of alcoholic servings). We also had to send an urgent fax which was two pages long and for which we got charged $14!!

On the plus size breakfast was great both at the buffet and restaurant and the rooms were excellent with mod cons I haven't seen before - everything seemed remote controlled. The hotel is very centrally located.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3,670)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

Stayed here for one night since our hotel next door was sold out for our last night. Check in was fast but only room available was a smoking "wedge room". This was a little smaller than the regular room and only had a small corner window. It wasn't too bad but we didn't want to wait for a regular room to open up ( it was 10:30 am on a Thursday) we just really wanted a place to put our luggage and sleep. Plus I got a great rate from my players card. I must say I was impressed with the service here, very nice and honestly I was excited to stay here for something different. We ate at the cafe and service was great, the hostess writes your last name on a card when seated so the waitress will say "welcome Mr....... What would you like to order this afternoon" nice touch. We gambled a little in the casino and it was ok. We were just tired from the whole trip so we just wanted to sleep and relax for our flight home the next day. Check out was fast, we dropped our keys off with a lady near the front desk but also used the mobile device email service as a back up. They do a great job here with having people available to answer questions and help with the check in/ out process. Aria is a nice hotel and I will return.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

Plus: Corner suite was worth every penny. Extremely clean. Super-comfortable bed. Spectacular bathroom. Good views, even though we were on a low floor. Pool is great, lush landscaping, liked it much better than the Bellagio's, which felt more like a big flat parking lot.
Minus: The shower gel/shampoo/conditioner are abysmal. This is for a male who usually does not care much about this. Bring your own. Easy to do, but wish we had known before. You can get better quality in a dollar store. Why they would put such horrid stuff in such a high-end bathroom is beyond me.

Waterloo, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

My wife and I stayed for 5 nights in september and loved the place. We were very apprehensive to stay here after reading the reviews here, but we had no issues at all. There was no line up at check in or check out, the staff was very friendly throughout the hotel. The rooms were very clean and the view from the 38th floor was amazing. We have stayed at 3 other hotels in vegas and this was by far the best. The walk to the strip is same as the rest of the hotels. The location is great being in the middle of the strip. We also enjoyed the smell of the casino. We will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: The higher the floor the better the view
Bridgewater
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

Stayed for three nights on the 22nd floor. The rooms are very nicely appointed and a very good size. The electronics used to control the temperature, curtains and more intrigued me but may trip up some others. The gym is large with a lot of equipment and even free weights. The conference center was very large. The room temperature was cool but I’m OK with that (not everyone was though). The catered lunch was also very good. Went to the Café Vettro for lunch one other day where large portions were served. The night club, Gold, got crowded after midnight on a weekday. Not much of a gambler so I never stepped off the path into the casino. At the end, when I was checking out (always need the final check-out paper), I asked where I could buy a bottle of water. The clerk instead provided me with a couple bottles. A little thing yes, but I found it represents how they treat their guests.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Cleburne, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

We arrived late on Sunday night, our flight had been cancelled so we did not get in until after midnight. Arriving that late allows you to miss the long check in lines, but also I had requested a King Bed and I was advised the did not have any available. Hummm...

I have to say that this Hotel must be doing something right, as all the staff was outstanding. Every person that works there was polite and took the time to greet you. The cleaning staff would even stop their work to greet you and ask you about your day. When they asked it seemed like they really cared!

Now the room. I have to admit when I first got there I was frustated. My touch pad was slow to respond and of course we all want it work now! The bellman arrived with the luggage and walked me through the features of the room and after a day or so I calmed down and just accepted that it was slow to the touch.

The beds are wonderful that is if you like to lay down and feel like the bed surrounds you like a pillow! We are seriously considering purchasing one!

The biggest dislike was the counter space in the bathroom, I just needed more!

I think you will enjoy your stay here.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Broomfield, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

Centrally located on the strip, connected to the Monte Carlo, tram to bellagio, tram from ny, ny, to Excalibur, Luxor and mandalay bay, walking distance to MGM and the Monorail. Convinient to business and nightlife shows, dining or just doing the touring of the Vegas sights.Clean, comfortable rooms, public restrooms kept very clean and friendly staff. Check in line can be long however checkout can be done electronically or a key Dropbox. This is the norm for the average Vegas tourist but any wait at the Aria is worth it. Elegant dining to buffet, "it's all good". Stayed 4 times since opening and will be back. Not mentioned offen is the quietness of the rooms. In four stays I have yet to hear my neighbors. Priceless.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to ARIA Resort & Casino? Share your experiences!