“It's OK, not Exceptional, Kind of Pricey” 3 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Ranked #16 of 274 hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Toronto, Canada
“It's OK, not Exceptional, Kind of Pricey”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2011

The rooms are new and very nice and the bed was comfortable. And the pool area also seemed nice. I was traveling with family who had been to Vegas before and they said the hotel was one of the newest on the strip and was among one of the nicer ones they had visited.

But the service is not that great. I had a long wait from when I arrived to when I could check in. It takes a long time to get the rooms cleaned and they seem to intentionally leave long line-ups to the buffet but when you get inside there are tons of empty tables. The waiter I had at the lunch cafe was very nice but he took forever to bring me a menu and to take my order and then to bring the food. And a sandwich and a coffee cost me $20. Yikes.

The checkout process was a disaster. I tried to do it on the TV but after scrolling up and down to enter in all the info it said that system was down and try later. So I phoned the front desk and was put on hold for 10 min. I phoned other numbers to ask if they could ask the front desk to give me a call. They said they could not help and told me to phone the front desk back. So I did and again could not get through. By this point I had wasted over 20 min and had to hang up so I could rush to get to my airport shuttle. Didn't get a copy of my receipt.

I also thought that for the cost of the room and considering they also charge a $20/night 'resort fee' that they could stop 'nickle and dime-ing' people. Maybe it is a Vegas thing because I think that if they could find a way to charge for air they would. Turns out the mini-bar is programmed so that if you touch anything in it you will be charged for it even if you don't take it. I rearranged some items to try to make room to chill my own water bottle. Good thing I thought to check my bill the night before check out because otherwise I would not have had time to dispute it and I would have been charged for over $50 worth of water and snacks I hadn't touched. They sent someone to 'audit' my mini-bar who told me I should have read the room manual where this was explained and lectured me that the refrigerator was not for my personal use. Oh really?

I went to the business center to print out my boarding pass (included in my 'resort fee'). The computers I was allowed to use to do this were in the main room sitting on a tall counter but they were not working. I saw other computers in private rooms but was told that you had to pay to use them. They did let me use them but cautioned me that if I did anything else I would be charged. What would it cost them to let that go given the others were broken and the place was virtually empty. Just cheap.

I am not sure if I would go back to the Aria. The rooms were nice but with the mediocre service, the inconvenience of walking so far to your room plus the cost I think I would try someplace else hext time.

Room Tip: I would strongly suggest you only take a room near the elevator as the hallways are unbelievably lon...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family

11,872 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,738)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Santa Rosa Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2011

This was by far the best bed I have ever slept in. Simply awesome! You can actually call and order the pillow, mattress etc directly from Aria. The rooms were modern, very hip and fun. Service was amazing. We ordered room service every day. Location was perfect. The late night crowd lingering was questionable. Security was great. All around a nice experience. Would return.

Room Tip: The conjoining rooms were a great fit for a group.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Las Vegas, Nevada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2011

It's a bit odd when you check into Aria and go to your room and another man is already in it. It's a bit frustrating when you realize that they booked both of you into the same room and you only have 20 minutes to get ready for a business dinner. It's a bit disappointing that when you go down to fix the issue the staff acts as if it's no big deal and it happens all the time. It's extremely disappointing when they tell you there are no more non-smoking rooms and you say you need a non-smoking room and so they offer to upgrade you at no cost, then you go to the suite and it's not a suite at all. It's a regular room. It's a bit jarring when a test of the fire alarm that is supposed to happen in the casino and lobby (as explained in a letter from the staff) happens at 6 a.m. in every room in the hotel as people are trying to sleep.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
New Delhi, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2011

We had a large family get together (over 20 members) at Aria in Las Vegas this year. The hotel room was spacious, modern and comfortable. The bathroom was a good size, however, I thought the water pressure wasn't that great. I also thought that the room was great, but lighting was very poor making the rooms very dark and dingy at night. We had arrived in the evening and unpacking with poor lighting was difficult. One of the great features of the room was being able to control all of the lighting, curtains, tv and all electronics through the bed side tablet.

Service was amazing. Restaurants weren't anything great, thought some of the other hotels in Vegas had much better dining options. Property was excellent, great casino and spa!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2011

Modern, well designed rooms, great technology (remote control for lighting, blinds, TV and music - OMG, this IS the 21st century!). Reasonably efficient check in and check out for a hotel this size. Great design of the casino floor, fantastic restaurants, beautiful pool area and spa.

Nothing is made cheaply, and everything you buy is expensive - but in my opinion it was very much worth the price.

Loved the patisserie, lunch buffet was very tasty and a bargain for the price, Cafe Vettro had good food too.

Room Tip: Rooms with a view are fantastic
Benfleet, Essex
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2011

This really is a premium quality hotel which is ubber modern at every turn. It's nicely set back from the main strip and offers some of the best views you can get of Vegas. We had a room on the 32 floor which offered us views of the amazing skyline. The bathrooms are first class with lovely robes, a seperate shower and bath. The large beds are very comfy and the room is just generally well equipped with large TVs, mini-bar and a console that controls the TV, curtains, air con and lights.

Across a four night stay it's tough to get to see all the hotel has to offer but we enjoyed Lemongrass, the thai restaurant the most. It's also quite good value in comparison to other restaurants in the resort. The pool area is very glam and luckily the sun isnt obstructed by other buildings unlike some hotels.

I'm not normally a buffet person, but I would say try the weekend brunch buffet! ...put simply, it's the Bafta of brunch!

The staff are excellent too - the hotel has 5 star quality but without behaving in a pretentious way. It has a modern approach to hospitality and doesn't have a formal feel to it, but equally you wouldnt feel out of place if you prefer that approach.

If you don't like big hotels and you're looking for a personal meet and greet boutique experience, then maybe you'll struggle to find something in Vegas, but worth noting this place is MASSIVE and could be deemed in-personal! We didnt mind this - but simply getting from reception to your room is a nice work out!

If you're looking for a premium experience, well located and at OK prices then pick the Aria.

Hooks, TX
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2011

The concierge was asked to handle three things for me for my wedding day. They royally messed up all three, and then charged me twice. I had an overcharge on my credit card for food they say I billed to the room, I never gave that card to anyone other than the concierge! I wanted my salon reservations for 8 A.M. for my wedding day, they took it upon themself to make it at 9 A.M. because they said i didn't need that much time ( limo was to arrive at 11:30), and never sent me a confirmation. I had to rush to get ready. The maid was late every day. They put rose petals on the bed before the room was cleaned, TACKY! And then when the maid came in an hour later, they cleaned them up. They replaced them and charged me twice. I was supposed to have limo three hours, they booked me for a drop off and charged me three hours! They stock their refrigerator with expensive items, so you can't use it, but then if you need one for personal use you have to rent from them for over 30.00 a night. The room is beautiful, and gadgety, but not worth the irritation of the terrible service. Slots are tight, drink service is the worst.Don't expect a server to come around. For the price, look around. I had to fight to get any of the money back, and they still owe me for the food, or whatever it was, they can't seem to tell me exactly what it was. They insist a Manager will call me, but they havent after three weeks. They can have the 21.00, because they won't get another dime from me!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to ARIA Resort & Casino? Share your experiences!