“Great hotel, but uncomfortable beds with no support! Beware of sore backs.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of ARIA Resort & Casino

You added ARIA Resort & Casino to your Saves list
ARIA Resort & Casino
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3730 Las Vegas Boulevard South, Las Vegas, NV 89109   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #16 of 272 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Gilroy, California
“Great hotel, but uncomfortable beds with no support! Beware of sore backs.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2011

My girlfriend and I just got back from a trip to Vegas. We loved this hotel! Gorgeous interior. Very clean. They do pump a light vanilla perfume thru the hotel so those who are sensitive to smells be warned. We actually liked the smell, but others may not.

The staff was friendly and curteous. The spa was to DIE FOR! Lots of amenities. I got a massage there our last day and it was fantastic. They have over 80 massage therapists on staff!

We didn't eat at the restaurants so I can't review those.

A BIG plus is that there is a rear entrance off the strip which saved us a ton of time as the strip at night is a virtual parking lot. There is a very nice mall attached and it runs a tram to the Bellagio every 4 minutes, which saved us some walking.

The rooms were large. One thing we both loved was that the room is very technicology advanced. There is a touch panel bedside that lets you control everything in the room from the tv to the curtains to the lights. There is a very cool interface by the tv the lets you plug your ipod/ipad into the tv so you can listen to music or watch movies on the bigscreen led tv in the room. There is also an ethernet plug so you can hardwire your computer to access the internet. There is 'free wifi' though the hotel charges an automatic $20 a day resort fee to every guest. There is no wakeup alarm. Instead, you can set the curtains to open or the tv to come on to wake you up.

The bathroom was very clean and they provide plenty of towels. They also provided 4 robes, which was more than enough for us. For those of you who want to know, there is a hair dryer, iron and ironing board in room.

The room service here is TOP NOTCH. They were prompt and will roll in a table for you, set it up and remove it for you when you're done. Not an extensive menu, but it is available 24 hours a day. There is a minbar and some snacks available, but BEWARE, if you pick the snacks up off the table or remove any drinks, you'll be automatically charged because everything has a weight sensor under it.

A big downside for me though is that the beds were UNCOMFORTABLE! They are very plush and for me, who has back issues, it was not supportive and I woke up with a sore back every morning. (It's why I got a back massage our last day there). Plus the bed slopes slightly, so if you're sleeping on the either side, it feels like you're going to fall off of it. Very disconcerting! I slept in the middle and managed to sleep, although fitfully due to the lack of support.

While it was a great hotel in every other aspect, I don't think I'll be staying again due to the uncomfortableness of the beds.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3,337)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Denver, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2011

On my fourth night there someone tried to break into my room at 2am. after yelling at him as he was slamming against the door repeatedly he finally went away. i called the front desk and they could care less. Also there was club music noticeably thumping in my room night AND day, They left food trash behind when they cleaned, didn't give me a new shower gel until the second try, didn't give me a liner for my ice the first day, and other small room issues. I am by no means a picky traveler often staying at the Luxor, or the Trump when i needed something swankier. Outside Vegas I often stay in a motel 6 type hotel. Though the room itself is far nicer than say a tower room at the Luxor, its many other negative qualities make it far inferior. Whoever gave this place 5 stars is crazy or on the take.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
Vista, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2011

I can't say enough good things about my stay at Aria. Room was large with beautiful view. Lights and blinds can be operated via TV remote. Casino itself is roomy, not crowded like others on the strip. Dealers were polite and friendly. Got a $50 per day hotel credit by booking through Southwest Airlines - This made the restaurants and room service reasonable. Will definitely go back!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2011 via mobile

Rooms are very pretty and spacious. For a new hotel, I would expect the bathroom to be much cleaner. Vegas is so busy trying to make money, they've forgotten about customer service.

• Stayed June 2011
Glasgow UK
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2011

Not as good as it looks. For all the money spent on this hotel it is very sad that it is let down by probably the most important part of any hotel, ie the housekeeping. When I made the reservation we had asked for a non-smoking high floor room. When I booked in the reservation staff didn't even look at my requests as we were offered rooms on the 8th floor one smoking the other non. We took the non-smokng one. When you enter the room all the money has been spent on the gadgets, and they are impressive, open the door the lights come on and the motorised curtains open to reveal full length windows. But lookng behind the gadgets and we came upon a broken lampshade about to fall off, someone's phone number left on the writting pad, food sauce dried onto the bar menu cover, bent and squashed boxes holding the bar snacks. And worst of all someone had been smoking in the toilet! So we complained and got put into a non-smokng room on the 10th floor which is a non-smoking floor, why weren't we offered this in the first place? Although better we did still have the previous occupants hair all over the duvet and sheets and they did have a slightly off white appearance as if not washed properly. If you are not bothered about the gadgets the Aria has go to the Cosmopolitan instead far more pleasant staff and very clean rooms, isn't that what a hotel should be about, the illusion that you are the only person to have used the room. Aria could do a lot better

Room Tip: Go to the Cosmopolitan hotel instead
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2011

This is my third time at Aria and it was the best so far. Look like they have worked out all the challenges of new hotel/staff. If you enjoy gadgets/technology than this is the hotel for you. The room welcome you by opening the curtains, turn on XFM radio and lights. Not to mention the bed side touch screen panel that controls the entire room (curtains, every single night in the room with 3 to 5 dim levels, privacy please, maid service, music xfm, billing, even checking flight time...etc). Oh and you can also setup you room as an alarm clock, for example you can set the time you want the TV/Radio, curtains, lights to go on. You can also connect you computer to the flat screen TV (bring your own cable).
We found all staff we encountered to be extremely friendly and much better than previous two stays.

The Good:
- New hotel and very moden
- The room's high tech panel was very COOL
- Above average size bathroom, has both tub and shower (FYI the tub is in the shower stall)
- XFM was a plus
- Right next to a high end mall (too $$ for me)

The not so good:
- Location is good but still a walk to get to other hotels
- Price of hotel and food places on site
- Check in line was long

Over all an amzing hotel.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Clearwater, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2011

It was my 40th birthday and my wife and I decided to spluge and stay at a Vegas 5 star hotel. The Aria is one of the 15 or so 5 star hotels in vegas and after doing some research decided to stay there.
We booked a vacation package on the Aria website which included Southwest airfaire and the room. I thought the price was reasonable at about $1100 for everything. Since we booked this trip 5 months ago, we also purchased the cancellation insurance for $100 just in case.
When we arrived at the hotelat about 6 p.m. vegas time, I thought the entrance and lobby was gorgeous. However, the first thing I noticed was how long the check in line was. Sure enough, I waited about an hour before I reached the front of the line. It seemed like they didn't have enough people working the front desk and everyone was taking their sweet time. It got very frustratiing.
When I finally reached the check in desk I was informed that the only King bed room left was on the third floor with a horrible view of the 2nd floor roof covered in air conditioner units and lights. I could have a room on the 19th but it was 2 queens. I was pretty upset since I booked the room 5 months ago. The employee then notified me that the room was at 102% capacity, which I thought was weird. She said I could come down in the morning and try to move to a better room after people checked out. At this point, I was tired of waiting and just wanted to get to the room and shower. We also were running late to our dinner reservation. So, I reluctantly took the key card and asked for a bell hop to take up our luggage. I was then told that it would take at least 2 hours for my luggage to be brought up. At this point I got really upset. Fortunately, my wife found a bell hop, batted her eyes at him and he agreed to take us up. I don't know how she pulled this off, but I wasn't about to question it.
When we entered the room, the lights turned on automatically and the curtains opened up to a horrible view of the air conditioning units, just like I thought. It really made me upset and ruined my first impression of the room.
To be fair, the room itself is very nice. The bed was extrememly comfortable, the bathroom is big and the shower is great. Everything seemed very clean and new. I really liked how everything from the lights, to the temperature can be adjusted using the television or the flat panel by the bed.
The next morning I went to the gym and found it to be great. Lots of equipment and everything was modern and new. We then all met for breakfast at cafe vetro and the bad service continued. It took forever to have a server come over and take our order and even longer for the food to arrive. It got to the point where we had to speak to the manager of the restaraunt. When our meals did come, one of my friends order didnt' come out. He ordered the same thing as me but the server messed up and only put it in the system once. Again to be fair, they took his meal off the bill and gave us a few menu items for free. The food, when it did arrive, was fantastic.
When breakfast was finished, I went back to the lobby to see about switching to a better room. When I arrived, the lines were even longer then the day before and I had no idea who to talk with. There was no line available for people that were already guests so I decided to wait in the check in line again. After about 20 minutes of waiting, and the lines not moving, my frustration was boiling. I decided to go over to the conceirge and see what they can do. Fortunately, I spoke with a friendly gentleman and he went and spoke to a manager on my behalf. He came back, took my cell phone number and said they will call me if a room becomes available. I told him that I was told that yesterday but have yet to recieve such a call. He said that's the best he could do. I then left for my room in "steerage" not feeling anybetter.
Lo and behold, as soon as I got out of the shower I got a call from the front desk saying I got a room on the 54th floor and they would send someone up to take my bags in 30 minutes. Success!! I quickly repacked everything and was ready for the move.
The bellhop came, we moved to our new room which had a great view of the strip and was about 100 squarge feet bigger with an extra closet. Needless to say, I was happy with the end result.
The rest of the stay was very nice. I really enjoyed the casino and found the hotel itself to be very nice. On our last day there, we got a cabana at the Liquid lounge, which is the hotels adult only pool. You can get a cabana if you spend at least $500 on food and drink. Otherwise, you can get a chair for $50. It was very nice and the service was fantastic. All the beautiful people were there and I felt like I was in an episode of Entourage. It was a great way to spend the day and stay cool in the Vegas heat.
My wife and her friends decide to get a massage at the spa but said the wait was very long. Other then that, she said the massage was great. $160 for 50 minutes.
Check out, unlike check in, was a breeze. The line was short and quick. We were able to leave our bags with the bell hops after check out because our plane didn't leave until the afternoon. So, we walked the strip and did some shopping to kill some time, then came back, grabbed our bags and a taxi and went off to the Airport.
In the end, I had a fantastic time. I know that Vegas is struggling in this economy and I got te feeling that the Aria just didn't have enough people on staff. The sense of 5 star service wasn't there and thats enought to make me want to look elsewhere the next time I am in Vegas.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to ARIA Resort & Casino? Share your experiences!