“Yea, on the Strip, but ..” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Polo Towers Suites

You added Polo Towers Suites to your Saves list
Polo Towers Suites
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3745 Las Vegas Blvd. South, Las Vegas, NV 89109 (Formerly Polo Towers Villas)   |
Ranked #68 of 272 Hotels in Las Vegas
Ottawa Canada
“Yea, on the Strip, but ..”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

This was the first stop on a 2-resort Diamond Resorts trip .. Other reviews suggest it is a nice place - I'd say that it is a 4-star at best (not their 5-star claim), and though it is neat to have a condo right on the strip, there are FAR better deals to be had all over Las Vegas.

The staff are great, the room was pleasant, and suited our needs well - but a 2 bedroom/2 bath is what we were supposed to have, and this resort only has 1-bed plus attached bachelor (not quite sure I recall what their terminology is). The rooms contained all that one would expect in a condo, and really nothing more - we've stayed in better equipped units.

When we were there in February, the two pools were closed, though those at Belaggio, for example, were open - so, it would have been nice if they had done their maintenance far earlier in the year. Internet costs, though there is a business-centre with 3 free-computers downstairs (right next door is the Travelodge motel, kind of run-down, but it offered free Internet.). There is a fitness centre, but I did not visit.

We had been to Vegas before, and stayed at the MGM Grand - huge room, and the price was quite low, but was not a condo .. this time, we made some use of the kitchen, though not much more than was normal in a hotel room with mini-fridge.

As it would never be my preference to return to the same place if there are other options, it for sure would be my policy for this resort.

Room Tip: West side, of course, faces Las Vegas Blvd, on the east they face an alley - decide for yourself.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
diamondresorts, Manager at Polo Towers Suites, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Thank you for sharing your views on your recent stay. We are pleased to read that our team members proved once again to be one of our great assets and have provided you with and excellent customer service. We regret to read that you have not been fully satisfied with the equipment available in your accommodation and we would like to assure you that if any of our guests feels that their room would benefit from additional appliances or utensils we would always do our best to fulfil their wishes. We regret to read that you do not intend to visit us again and we wish you all the best on your future travels.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (300)
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

I think the Polo Towers was fabulous. However, do NOT and I repeat, do NOT ever give them your cashpassport currency card to check-in. They took $250 pre-authorisation deposit and then I ended up staying an extra night and they took another $250 pre authorisation deposit. It has taken 32 days to get this money back into my cashpassport currency card account. They were the only hotel in America that I stayed at that did this. This means I had my own $500 frozen and could not spend it in America. Learn from my mistake.

Room Tip: read my review, trust me.
Oconto, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

I think this is a good place and the staff is friendly and very helpful. I would definitely come back. The only problem was the lock off unit I stayed in, the people next door were noisy but that isn't the fault of the hotel.
The rooftop pool was warm and hot tub area kept up really well. The maids were helpful and did a great job on cleaning my room. I would suggest tipping them on a daily basis.

Room Tip: Right in the middle of the action.. A great hotel, clean and orderly.
Arroyo Grande, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

We recently stayed at the Polo TOwers and were plesantly surprised by the service and the extra effort of the staff to commodate our needs. The location was great. The rooms ( 2 bedroom suite ) were nicely appointed and very clean. We will stay here again.

Room Tip: Take the offer of a presentation for more benefits and lower room rate.
Rome, Italy
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

Booked 2 studios for just one night trip - free valet parking and doorstep location to the strip were our deciding factors. The place is "dated", but looks well maintained. Room was "tidy" as in petite but well laid out - ample bathroom and wardrobe space - amenities were OK, full kitchen with everything you might need (cups, glasses, cutlery) free tea/coffee.
Bed is foldaway queen which is open and prepared - goodcushions and comfortable mattress.
Over all finefor themoney - not delux in anyway. Balcony for the smokers..

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for your feedback. We are happy to read that you had a pleasant stay, we hope you will consider our resort for your future bookings.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

We stayed here for our 10 yr anniversary and had a great time. The room was great and very spacious we had a full kitchen which made it nice to not have to eat out every day and they have a little mini mart down stairs that has a good variety of stuff not to mention if you didn't drive they have a shuttle that will take you to a store if needed. We had a great view of the strip and was in walking distant we were pretty much in the heart of all the activities very prime location. I would recommend this to anyone who is planning to spend more then a couple of days in Vegas

Stayed March 2013
Creating a friendly and comfortable ambience for our guests to enjoy moments of importance is our priority and we are honoured that you have chosen our resort to celebrate your 10th wedding anniversary. We are pleased to read that you had an enjoyable time and we hope to have a chance to be of service to you again in the future. Thank you for your review and recommendation!
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

I stayed here for a 4-day weekend, traveling alone, after getting this property via a winning bid on Hotwire. (as expected, a 3* property in the South Strip zone that identified as a condo was likely this property, as indicated on betterbidding.com.) This is, as I understand it, not a true "hotel" in the strict sense of the word, but a timeshare property that rents open tooms on the hotel market.

To start with, it's not the easiest property to find driving. There's a small driveway from the Strip, and then a back entrance off of E. Harmon, which is actually the better way to get into the underground garage. Once inside, check in was quick and easy (late on a Thursday night). I mentioned that I'd like to get a one-bedroom if it was available, but that request was not accepted. That said, I asked also for a quiet room, and that I didn't need anything like a Strip view. I got a nice room facing east on the 20th floor, which was indeed nice and quiet--at least from the outside. The person checking me in said at the end to see someone else for my free something or other, but I suspected it was timeshare related, and I just went up to my room.

The room is very nice, but very small. The studio rooms have not a regular bed, but a Murphy bed, and it takes up almost the entire main room area. The mattress was decent, but not having a box spring, the whole thing was a bit springy. I was pleasantly surprised to waker up every morning with no back pain after a very comfortable sleep.

The bathroom is about average sized, although sheathed in marble or stone. There is not tub, just a shower. Towels are nice and the soaps and shampoos are good sized and good quality.

The TV is a good sized flat screen with lots and lots of channels. The problem was, I could find no channel guide, so I had to do a lot of scanning to find what I wanted. The good part: Unlike most hotel TVs, this one stays where I left it.

There's a small kitchen area with a small sink and refrigerator and cabinets. Like most of these mini refrigerators, the little freezer section doesn't quite freeze stuff.

The one issue I had was that there's a door to an adjacent room, and I suspect the "studio" is part of a larger suite that can also be rented separately. And that door was one of the few places that did not do a good job of blocking noise--and I found this out only because the neighbors chose to be very loud very early in the mornings.

Like far too many properties, Polo Towers still does not treat wifi as a utility, like water, electricity, and cable. The only good news on this front is that the charge is far less than most hotels, a somewhat reasonable cost for a 3-day subscription--even if that "reasonable" amount is still almost all pure profit for the property. That said, the connection was fast and reliable. I would add also that it is per device, not per room, which is also a poor offering.

The desk area is very, very small, barely enough room for a laptop and mouse.

The towers offer more security than most hotels, requiring the room key to to go any of the floors.

The location is very good. It's tucked in right behind the Hawaiian Marketplace, a walk to the Strip proper shorter than many of the huge megaresort casinos. It's just north of MGM Grand and just south of Planet Hollywood, with Monte Carlo and Aria right across the Strip. There's (relatively) inexpensive food and shopping in the area as well as plenty of upscale places.

For $45/night, it was a great weekend value, and a place I'd definitely stay again should the opportunity arise.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo

Been to Polo Towers Suites? Share your experiences!