“Studio Apartments - compact but functional” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Polo Towers Suites

You added Polo Towers Suites to your Saves list
Polo Towers Suites
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3745 Las Vegas Blvd. South, Las Vegas, NV 89109 (Formerly Polo Towers Villas)   |
Ranked #68 of 272 Hotels in Las Vegas
Rome, Italy
“Studio Apartments - compact but functional”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

Booked 2 studios for just one night trip - free valet parking and doorstep location to the strip were our deciding factors. The place is "dated", but looks well maintained. Room was "tidy" as in petite but well laid out - ample bathroom and wardrobe space - amenities were OK, full kitchen with everything you might need (cups, glasses, cutlery) free tea/coffee.
Bed is foldaway queen which is open and prepared - goodcushions and comfortable mattress.
Over all finefor themoney - not delux in anyway. Balcony for the smokers..

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
diamondresorts, Manager at Polo Towers Suites, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. We are happy to read that you had a pleasant stay, we hope you will consider our resort for your future bookings.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (300)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

We stayed here for our 10 yr anniversary and had a great time. The room was great and very spacious we had a full kitchen which made it nice to not have to eat out every day and they have a little mini mart down stairs that has a good variety of stuff not to mention if you didn't drive they have a shuttle that will take you to a store if needed. We had a great view of the strip and was in walking distant we were pretty much in the heart of all the activities very prime location. I would recommend this to anyone who is planning to spend more then a couple of days in Vegas

Stayed March 2013
Creating a friendly and comfortable ambience for our guests to enjoy moments of importance is our priority and we are honoured that you have chosen our resort to celebrate your 10th wedding anniversary. We are pleased to read that you had an enjoyable time and we hope to have a chance to be of service to you again in the future. Thank you for your review and recommendation!
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

I stayed here for a 4-day weekend, traveling alone, after getting this property via a winning bid on Hotwire. (as expected, a 3* property in the South Strip zone that identified as a condo was likely this property, as indicated on betterbidding.com.) This is, as I understand it, not a true "hotel" in the strict sense of the word, but a timeshare property that rents open tooms on the hotel market.

To start with, it's not the easiest property to find driving. There's a small driveway from the Strip, and then a back entrance off of E. Harmon, which is actually the better way to get into the underground garage. Once inside, check in was quick and easy (late on a Thursday night). I mentioned that I'd like to get a one-bedroom if it was available, but that request was not accepted. That said, I asked also for a quiet room, and that I didn't need anything like a Strip view. I got a nice room facing east on the 20th floor, which was indeed nice and quiet--at least from the outside. The person checking me in said at the end to see someone else for my free something or other, but I suspected it was timeshare related, and I just went up to my room.

The room is very nice, but very small. The studio rooms have not a regular bed, but a Murphy bed, and it takes up almost the entire main room area. The mattress was decent, but not having a box spring, the whole thing was a bit springy. I was pleasantly surprised to waker up every morning with no back pain after a very comfortable sleep.

The bathroom is about average sized, although sheathed in marble or stone. There is not tub, just a shower. Towels are nice and the soaps and shampoos are good sized and good quality.

The TV is a good sized flat screen with lots and lots of channels. The problem was, I could find no channel guide, so I had to do a lot of scanning to find what I wanted. The good part: Unlike most hotel TVs, this one stays where I left it.

There's a small kitchen area with a small sink and refrigerator and cabinets. Like most of these mini refrigerators, the little freezer section doesn't quite freeze stuff.

The one issue I had was that there's a door to an adjacent room, and I suspect the "studio" is part of a larger suite that can also be rented separately. And that door was one of the few places that did not do a good job of blocking noise--and I found this out only because the neighbors chose to be very loud very early in the mornings.

Like far too many properties, Polo Towers still does not treat wifi as a utility, like water, electricity, and cable. The only good news on this front is that the charge is far less than most hotels, a somewhat reasonable cost for a 3-day subscription--even if that "reasonable" amount is still almost all pure profit for the property. That said, the connection was fast and reliable. I would add also that it is per device, not per room, which is also a poor offering.

The desk area is very, very small, barely enough room for a laptop and mouse.

The towers offer more security than most hotels, requiring the room key to to go any of the floors.

The location is very good. It's tucked in right behind the Hawaiian Marketplace, a walk to the Strip proper shorter than many of the huge megaresort casinos. It's just north of MGM Grand and just south of Planet Hollywood, with Monte Carlo and Aria right across the Strip. There's (relatively) inexpensive food and shopping in the area as well as plenty of upscale places.

For $45/night, it was a great weekend value, and a place I'd definitely stay again should the opportunity arise.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

Previous trips to Las Vegas have felt so exhausting; this time it was much more relaxing. Great view, great amenities, comfortable accommodations...and all within a short walking distance to all the action! I've seen some reviewers complaining about the murphy beds but we were happy with them. Having a balcony was a huge plus for enjoying the views. Being able to cook as opposed to going out for every meal was also very helpful. The kitchens are more well-stocked than many places I've traveled. Free wifi would make this place better.

Room Tip: Higher floors have better views
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
houston,tx
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

My husband and I recently stayed at the Polo Towers in Vegas. We found everything and everyone to be very accomodating. The one bedroom was very large, and we were lucky enough to have a fabulous view of the strip. Everything was clean and modern. We only stayed 3 nights but could easily have stayed longer. The location was terrific. It was easy access to NYNY, Aria, and the Cosmopolitan Casinos. We will definitely stay here again when we travel to LV. This property is part of Diamond Resorts, so we used our timeshare points to stay here.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the strip.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

I found this Hotel-Time share super comfortable, and would recommend it highly. I followed up on a last minute Booking .com internet site. I rented a 1 bedroom apartment after reading that a pull down bed in the studio did not have a very thick mattress. I was not to regret this decision, as the bed-bedding and pillows were all of exceptional quality and I felt like I was sleeping on a cloud. They even advertise their pillows as available for sale through a certain retailer. I arrived at the hotel after 11 at night, and check in was speedy and efficient. I noticed a puddle of water in the fridge, called the front desk, and within minutes was repaired. It is a full kitchen, very functional. The apartment was clean, modern, and very attractive.The location of the hotel on the Strip was super. I walked most everywhere. Twice a week they have free shuttle to a grocery store. Once a week they have a free shuttle to an outlet mall. The hotel also offers free shuttles to old Vegas- Freemont Street. I will definitely return here.

Room Tip: I asked for a lower level place, as I am fearful of high towers. They gave me a place on the 3rd flo...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
diamondresorts, Manager at Polo Towers Suites, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Thank you for sharing your thoughts about your recent stay here at Polo Towers Villas. We were extremely happy to hear that our accommodations, amenities, location, and services offered met, if not exceeded your expectations. Your recommendation is sincerely appreciated. We look forward to seeing you again soon!
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013 via mobile

This is a nice hotel - very close to all of the action on the strip. I had a studio room, it was a little small but was decorated very well and had all of the amenities including a balcony which was nice.

The staff was super friendly and there is no casino at the hotel which is a good thing in my eyes. I got a very good rate for 2 nights and was extremely happy with the overall deal. Would definitely return here.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Been to Polo Towers Suites? Share your experiences!