“Not bad for a business class hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Atrium Suites Hotel Las Vegas

Atrium Suites Hotel Las Vegas
We can't find prices for this hotel
Atrium Suites Hotel Las Vegas
You added Atrium Suites Hotel Las Vegas to your Saves list
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4255 S. Paradise Road, Las Vegas, NV 89119 (Formerly "Crowne Plaza") (Paradise)   |
Ranked #183 of 269 Hotels in Las Vegas
Hamilton, Ontario
“Not bad for a business class hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2008

Stayed 4 out of 5 days at this hotel while travelling in group of 4. Only reason we didn't stay the first day was because our flight was cancelled. Comfortable and large rooms. Stayed here to stay out of hotel casinos. Only drawbacks were teh ppol, which was shallow and tiny and distance from the "strip". Staff quite accomodating and pleasant to interact with. Would not stay again for vacation, but if I ever needed to go there on business, I would definately put this on my list.

• Liked — size of rooms
  • Disliked — pool
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Bristol UK
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2008

What a place! The staff are some of the rudest I have ever encountered on front desk, the whole hotel smells foul and trust me, you wouldn`t want to walk bare foot on the carpet! The rooms are very dated and the furnishings poor! The bathrooms are dingy and the air ventilator is so noisy you cant have it on!
I guess you get what you pay for but surely there has to be a minimum standard? Take my advice and do not stay here, it`s the pits!

Stayed June 2007
Bakersfield, CA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2008

I stayed at the Atrium Suites the weekend of April 25-27 and got the hotel through Hotwire, overpaying at $75 a night. The room was adequate on the par of Motel 6. Visit their website and view the virtual tour of the suite.

The hotel is under major reconstruction. It is a Y shaped hotel with the two major north and south wings closed off. Only the small east wing or bottom of the Y is open. This wing is closest to Paradise Road and the rooms are above the lobby and auto entrance to the hotel. There are only 8 rooms to a floor in this wing. Surprisingly, the room was pretty quiet for most of the weekend. There was little traffic noise on Paradise and very little noise from the landing airliners, Friday and Saturday nights. Then on Sunday morning, the airplanes at McCarren starting taking off in a different direction. The hotel was then right underneath the takeoff pattern. I did not need a wake up call that morning!

With so few rooms open, the restaurant was closed during my stay and the swimming pool was drained and filled with construction debris. If there was a fitness center, I could not find it with so many hallways boarded up.

There was construction dust and grime in the public areas. Dirty fingerprints on the elevator walls, doors and control panel. They were never cleaned on Friday or Saturday. On Sunday morning as I was leaving, there was a guy finally cleaning the elevator, just in time for the construction workers on Monday.

On the back of the bathroom door, bedroom door, and the suite door, there were grimy sets of fingerprints from countless number of guests. The bed linens were nice and soft, because they were so old from countless number of washings.

There was no bellhop to assist with luggage. I never saw any one from housekeeping during my three days there.

If all you need is a room, then this hotel might be okay, but not $75 a night with no swimming pool. It is not a three star or two star. I am really disgusted with Hotwire. I complained to them, but they refused to discuss the issue.

• Liked — refrigerator
  • Disliked — everything
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Concord, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2008

With all things- consider what you want and what you are willing to pay.

I got a great rate on this hotel (albeit the trip was in June 07) via hotwire.com- so clearly I was picking this hotel blind. What I wanted: a great price- and just a comfy ok room and a place with a pool.

I'm not a gambler, was traveling alone, and was on a quickie "meet and greet" trip for a group of other families.

What I liked: The rooms are small but decent suites. The hotel was a NON gambling hotel- so it was quiet and offbeat. The location wasn't on strip but wasn't too far off- and it is adjacent to the Hard Rock Hotel (if you want to visit the Hard Rock Cafe that makes it convient). The price was great ($57? a night).

The overall property is small (ok, tiny by vegas resort standards but for normal hotels, just "small"). It did have some nice pluses- a bar there, room service, and a restaurant. The pool is small, but at the time I was there - there weren't many guests.

We ordered room service once- it was pricey but the portions were pretty good. Hint- there's a Longs Drugs across the street- get your groceries/sundries there!

The room: Size was ok- smallish but comfy. Honestly, it was looking aged. The AC did NOT work- so on a 100 degree day walking into a warm room was disappointing. I had plans to head right back out after getting in- and I had to wait for 45 mins for room keeping to send the guy in- only to figure out it needed a whole new unit. Unfortunately the new unit was barely any improvement and it was *loud*.

The bedrooms have a separate double door which was nice- you could keep it open or close it off. The King bed was comfy. If you are very picky- you might want to pick a suite elsewhere- the hotel and room were clean but the room had things here and there- couch worn. Oh- and my roomate used the sofa bed. They were HORRIBLE even for sofas beds. Unless you are planning on putting very unpicky kids on the sofa bed- it really was *that bad* that I could NOT have slept on it. I don't know how she tolerated it!

The rooms do have a fridge, and table w/chairs but that was about it as far as a kitchenette went.

The internet never did work for my PC- something about the firewall- it just wasn't compatible. That was disappointing. They did refund me back the fee (I don't believe their website says that it costs $10 to access). The staff was ok. The free shuttle like a lot of hotels gets you TO the strip for free but you have to get your own way BACK so keep that in mind.

Would I go back? Yes, I would- knowing an adult wouldn't sleep on the pull out bed, only if I got a another great rate, and if I need the bargain budget. In terms of space and size for what I paid it was defintitely well worth it but there were some snags.

• Liked — the price was right
  • Disliked — they need to give their rooms some TLC
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Corona, CA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2008

While I can see very nice future potential for this hotel, The Atrium Suites Hotel is undergoing a great deal of construction and that is an understatement. Our first room was missing partial insulation of the window frame so we needed to move. The phone didn't work and the room was in great need of TLC. The next room had dirty bed linens on the broken hide a bed. The gal at the front desk was very nice each time we talked to her but they gave us clean linens for us to make it up ourselves. The room was ice cold with a tiny heater for the entire suite. My husband and I ended up sleeping in jeans, a sweatshirt and socks just to stay warm. Our room had a fan in the bathroom that sounded like a dying animal. In the morning, I noticed an outside entrance that was not secured by a lock due to the construction? and was secured with yellow caution tape.

Again to reiterate, the hotel is really under construction....just just a wing....not just one floor....(because we were on both the 2nd and 3rd floor)....but the place looks like a construction zone we just happened to "crash" at. Had we not arrived so late with a tired toddler and her mother from the airport, we would have called Hotwire customer care and begged for a different place to stay.

Again, I see potential but they have no business charging for rooms there until the hotel is renovated, up and running. It doesn't even deserve a 2 star let alone a 3 plus. I booked this room through Hotwire and have notified them of my concerns.

My kudos to the gal at the front desk. She was the bright spot in our stay.

• Liked — The layout of the suite, the gal at the front desk and proximity to PF Changs. Has great potential!
  • Disliked — The overall condition of the hotel and suite.
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled with family
Nebraska
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2008

The Atrium Suites is under MAJOR remodeling. There were very few rooms even open when I stayed there. The suite I had was clean, but the hallways were quite dusty due to the large amount of construction. The staff people were all very nice and very helpful. The location is not too bad. PF Chiangs is next door and the Hard Rock is on the other side. There are other services within walking distance. ( CVS and other restaurants) It is not a bad walk to the Strip, if you enjoy a nice walk. It is very quiet, which is a bonus in Vegas. I didn't have a car, but the parking was plentiful and free. The restaurant has limited hours at this time.
I did move to the Belliago for the weekend. Now that was VERY NICE!

• Liked — Quiet
  • Disliked — remodeling
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Phoenix, az
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2007

We booked a room for one night in that hotel because we were to participate in a nightime marathon and were getting a group rate (which with hindsight was worse than rates at much nicer hotels). The first problem arose when we tried to call for directions because we were lost. The call went straight to an outsourced indian service and they had no idea where the place was. When we tried to ring the front desk instead repeatedly, the phone was always busy. We finally found the place without their help. Because the marathon finished in the morning, the race director had arranged for free late check out with the manager who was around during the week or so we thought. When we got there, the first thing we noticed was the bad smell pervasing all the common areas and the room too. Also the antiquated furniture etc.. but the worst part was that they denied us the late checkout, even though it was clearly needed because we were going to be back from the race in the morning after being up all night. The staff was extremely unpleasant and uncooperative. We had to threaten them with several complaints but to no avail. They finally called the weekend manager who apparently does not communicate with the week manager and denied the late check out too. In order to notify us of that last conversation, they did not ring the room phone, but instead left a message directly. Nice. When we realized that the message was there, we went back downstairs and let them know that we were going to check out late no matter what, and that if they were going to try to charge us extra, we would contest the entire cherge with the cc company. After this nice conversation, we had to concentrate on the race, after ordering something to be delivered to the room from one of the menus in there. The phone number on one of the menus did not seem to work, so I called the reception to get a confirmation of the phone number, but the person on the phone replied curtly that they didn't have the number... once the race was over, we came back around 10am, completely exhausted. While we were trying to get some sleep, they called repeatedly at the regular check out time (noon) to get us to check out. We had to take the phone off the hook. at the end, perhaps because they realized they had "crossed" the line, they did not charge for the extra 2 hours, but what a miserable experience.
I have stayed at very nice places in Vegas for about half the price. I cannot imagine why anyone would stay there.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Atrium Suites Hotel Las Vegas? Share your experiences!