“Beware” 2 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2411 W Sahara, Las Vegas, NV 89102   |
Ranked #152 of 269 Hotels in Las Vegas
“Beware”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2005

We stayed here one time in May 2005. The rooms are nice and clean and on par with most rooms on the strip. A huge casino with all of my favorite slots. The problem that we had was , the day after we checked in we went up to strip for a few hours. When we came back to our room, we had been robbed. They took both of our tolietry bags which had my wedding rings, make-up, a couple of pieces of jewerly, all of our medications. The strange thing is, they even took my hairspray, and toothbrushes, and hair brushes which were just sitting on the bathroom counter.( Normally, I would never leave jewerly in my room without a safe, but in this case my hands were swollen from out flight and the room didn't have a safe, but I figured they were safer there than in my purse.)
Of course, we immediately called security, which in turn made us feel that we just making it up. He asked us such questions " Are you sure that you had your bags with you?" Grrrrrrrr!! " Are you sure that you didn't leave your bags at home?" etc. I travel enough to know that hotels are not responsible for anything that you leave in your room and all that we asked for is a report so that we could report this to our insurance company when we got home.

It took us 4 days and much pestering to get that report. It was on a hotel form and was never reported to the police, even though they told us it would be.

I do realize that this sort of thing can happen at any hotel you choose in Vegas however, most hotels would offer a toothbrush and toothpaste in this case, however, not the Palace Station.

If you stay here, make sure to rent a car. It is too far to pay for a taxi to the strip. If you are looking for less expensive accomodations, I would suggest The Orleans, or the Gold Coast. They both have shuttle buses to the strip and very reasonable rates. Of the two, I prefer The Orleans.

Good Luck!!

• Stayed May 2005

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (404)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2005

We traveled as a group, some of us got the tower rooms, others stayed in the garden area. The tower rooms were suitable while the garden rooms were awful. If you are going to vegas to gamble only, then this is the place for you. The shuttle bus runs on the hour and has 2 drop off points, put your walking shoes on! The buffet was a bargain compared to others and there are other restaurants there. The Grand Cafe (not buffet) and has a wonderful staff and is always open. Housekeeping needs improving, room didn't recieve extra towels as requested, glasses were not replaced with clean ones, clogged toliet took 24 hours to fix, etc. Praise to the cocktail waitresses who kept us happy. The casino has friendly tables and was a fun atomsphere to gamble in. For us personally, we would not stay there again, we like to to have that little extra something and Palace Station didn't have it.

Stayed September 2005
reno, nv
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2005

After our first night stay at the hojo a no-no, we checked into the Palace Station. I had made reservation through the Station's website and had booked a room in the courtyard for 19.99 a night, My sister and her girls were joining us there booked their rooms courtyard rooms through travelworm. the check in was great, my sister was at one end of the counter and i was at the other end, we both were explaining how we would like to have our rooms as close together as possible, to our surprise they were able to upgrade our rooms at no extra charge and put us in rooms side by side on the sixth floor of the tower. The rooms were very nice, lots of space in the bathroom. the housekeeping was great, when we requested extra pillows they were there in minutes. I would stay here again, even if I had to stay in the courtyard.

• Stayed August 2005
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2005

WOW! Palace Station is remodeling their courtyard rooms. We were one of first to enjoy them! What a difference and what a great job they did. I would now recommend them to all of my friends.

Stayed July 2005
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2005

I have been staying at the Palace Station since 1968. It was first called the Mini Price Hotel and then The Casino, then Bingo Palace, and now Palace Station. I first stayed there because of the name, Mini Price Hotel and we thought we could afford that. It was a small hotel with maybe 10 slot machines. I guess it was then sold in 1976 to the people who named it the The Casino. I still stay there whenever I am in Vegas, although my daughter now lives in Vegas so I must stay with her most of the time. However, I always play at the Station Hotels and would not go anywhere else. I just came back yesterday for a 4 day stay at the Palace and loved every minute of it. It brings back so many wonderful memories for me over the years.

• Stayed July 2005
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2005

I stayed at the Palace Station on my Spring Break trip in March of 2005. I arrived early morning (coming from Detroit) and took the complimentary shuttle to the hotel. For everyone's information, I arrived in Terminal 2 which does not have a stop for this shuttle. I had to call the hotel to find out what to do. Palace Station should be a little more forthcoming with the fact that you need to be outside of Terminal 1.

Check-in was efficient and friendly. My room was ready, nice and early, which was great for me. I would have otherwise had to lug around a heavy suitcase. The room was in the farthest corner away from the front desk. This was bad for the walking distance but great for a quiet nights sleep.

The room itself was pretty basic. The bed was firm (big plus in my opinion). The shower pressure was good but maybe a bit strong. The television was nice sized and in a good looking armoire. It was extremely clean and I received towels, shampoo and soap every day.

I am a poker player (serious) and despite being small, the poker room was good in my opinion. Every day that I went in the Poker Room, the knew me by name (find that elsewhere in Vegas!). The comps weren't hard to get. They use the Station Casinos card system. I dont play too many other games but there was a wide variety of everything in the casino including the betting limits.

The Buffet upstairs is great for breakfast. Its $5 for a huge assortment of foods. The omelet stand is excellent. I also like the fresh fruit area. There were a large amount of dessert items to choose from as well. I like the Burger King by the Sports Book for a quick cheap burger. The Cafe was nice too. You get large portions and good tasting food. I had the baked chicked which was pretty good. It came with two sides and I was definitely stuffed once I left.

The shuttle to the Strip is awesome too. It will go to Tropicana, then onto Fashion Show Mall. All of this is free for staying at the Palace Station.

To Review......

Pros- Just about everything. Clean, decent room, friendly check-in staff, good food and good comps.

Cons- Website/Hotel Operator don't reveal location of Airport Shuttle pickup which made me upset upon arrival in McCarran Int'l. Might be a hike to your room if you are in the Courtyard rooms.

Overall, I highly recommend it for budget or sanity reasons.

• Stayed March 2005
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2005

rooms were filthy, woke up with bug bites. homeless people use the pools and hot tub to bath in, yes i saw it myself and security walked by this twice and did nothing. i am going to the doctor tomarrow about bug bites that are still itching. this is a very bad place to stay. please dont take your kids there. blood was on concret by pop machines for the whole time we were there. we all want to save money but this is not the place to do it.

• Stayed July 2005

Been to Palace Station Hotel and Casino? Share your experiences!