“Mold City” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #152 of 272 Hotels in Las Vegas
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Mold City”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013 via mobile

Please beware of the mold in this place. If you stay in the courtyard rooms go in the bathroom and look at the black mold in the corners. Peel back a small piece of the wall paper and you'll find more mold. Wanna see eve more? Go to you tube and search for videos by kalboziggy. These videos will show the disgust of this place.

• Stayed February 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (367)
Phoenix, Arizona
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013 via mobile

It's off the strip. You'll see mostly locals and you will leave the casino smelling like smoke. As a matter of fact I could smell the smoke from my room. The restaurants in the hotel were very pricey and there are few options outside the hotel in close distance-walking distance.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Gretna, Nebraska
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

Easy access to I-15 with adjacent interchange, and free parking garage on the west side of the property with covered entry to main building near the hotels front desk. Tower room was very nice and clean with a large television. Only down side was the "RESORT FEE" which was almost half of my room charge and that was without using or having to add the INTERNET USE FEE which when combined the two fees with taxes would have exactly doubled my one night base room charge....consider yourself warned! This property seemed to have a large ratio of "local traffic" vs. travelers in both the gaming area and restaurants.

Room Tip: Tower rooms upper levels will offer the best views.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Los Angeles
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

I am usually pretty forgiving of economical lodging especially in Vegas, but the Palace Station is one of the worst hotels I've ever experienced. We stayed because of their surprisingly fantastic oyster bar and my penchant for playing bingo both of which were at this hotel. We wanted an affordable and low stress getaway.

The resort fee issue is a big problem, but the travel sites I visited warned me about this in advance. All we ended up using though is the Internet; the "gym" is part of the their low-end "courtyard" and there were so many suspect characters hanging out in the halls of that section that I was actually scared to venture much further to check out the gym. So it is very misleading to call it a resort. So if you like to use a nice fitness center, this is not the place for you. They don't even have it listed in their directory of guest services.

My main issue was with the horrible stale smell of smoke and lack of proper ventilation in our non-smoking room. The room reeked of smoke, and it made me sneeze the whole time, made my eyes and nose burn, and made me feel light-headed. Our bed was oddly situated with the head of the bed close up against a window surrounded by drapes. The drapes were full of the smoke. It was so bad I had to sleep with my head at the foot of the bed to avoid sneezing constantly. The bed is horribly uncomfortable too. My spouse and I kept rolling toward the sagging center of the bed. Although it was nice to snuggle in such an unexpected fashion, it took a bit of effort to escape from the sagging center of the bed when we awoke.

We were going to leave and find another hotel (which I've hardly ever had to do), but all decent hotels were booked because of the holiday weekend. The staff at the desk did try and help by providing an ionizer machine to filter out the smoke, but it did no good. And they could only switch me to a similar room. Given that the the whole floor reeked of smoke, I figured that switching would do little good.

If you travel a lot on business and are used to the basic amenities and fresh hotel room air provided by chains like the Marriott, Hilton, or even Holiday Inn Express, skip this hotel. Find one of those or upgrade to the Bellagio or another nice, true resort hotel. The "savings" is not worth it.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Williams, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

I recently had the opportunity to stay at the Palace Station. I admit I had my concerns, especially after my daughter, who had checked in prior to me, texted me and told me to bring my own pillows.
My concerns were un warranted, as were my pillows. Good news bad news.... there is lodging available in the "courtyard" rooms and the towers. AVOID the courtyard rooms at all cost. These rooms are VERY affordable, but resemble a Hostel. Great for teams and those who may be a bit less respectful of the property.
I however stayed in the towers. The rooms were nice size, lots of counterspace, great lighting and comfortable beds and pillows. The halls were quiet and I felt safe. The Palace Station had a GREAT coffee shop with wonderful, food, staff and prices. If you ate between 12:00 and 6:00 am they had a special menu with a yummy New york steak and eggs for $4.99. Cant beat that. The Banana, coconut, maccademia nut pancakes are a must to try and enough to share @9.99. The gift shop had a great selection and was very affordable.
I have been to Vegas more times than I can count and the Palace Station had the best return on slot play I have ever experienced. The location right of Sahara makes for easy access with no need to go down Las Vegas Blvd, which is usually a grid lock. All in all I would deffinelty stay at this propert again.

Room Tip: DO NOT stay in the Courtyard rooms.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Yuma
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

01/29/13

This is the second time we stayed at this hotel & Casino. This time we did have a better room but they are still charging $16.00 for the pool, gym and shuttle to the airport, none of which we used. They did away with the free wifi. Wifi is now $ for 24 hours and $$ for 48 hours. Mc Donalds has better wifi.

The first day there we had a ham steak skillet breakfast at Palace Station Cafe, it had a nice big piece of ham. The next day we went back for another ham steak, this time the ham was small and should have been cut up to put in omelets. It did not look good at all. One night we went to the Palace Station Steakhouse. The soup & salad bar was very good, the bread on the table was tasty, my steak also was very good but the veg's were cold, the broccoli was so OVER cooked you could hardly tell what it was, maybe left over from the day before, carrots were room temperature and hard. Now the best place there to eat was the Palace Station Buffet. The food was hot and to my satisfaction. Lots to choose from. The only thing is I eat too much at buffets.

I am sorry to say next time I am going to shop around.

Cap & Virginia

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
The Hague, The Netherlands
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

I had to line up at the reception for half an hour, til I could check in, after being very exhausted.
from the trip there

In that time someone stole my newest electronic toy (500$)!

I had to report it to the securities, who had a very disgusting behaviour, took my id and refised givin it back at first.
the room looked great, but had a disgusting smell, even tho it looked clean.

Their employees are creedy and expect 10$ tips.
I planed 2 days but left the hotel and the city the next day for good, as a consequence to my experience there.
It is far away from everything and you need a 15$ taxi ride in order to get to the center, but taxis can be hard to find there.
the front is verry pretentious, but I was stuffed in a room in the rear house, was very hard to find, as they gave me kind of a map, instead of showing me the map.
NEVER AGAIN!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo

Been to Palace Station Hotel and Casino? Share your experiences!