“Pleasantly Surprised” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #152 of 272 Hotels in Las Vegas
Sunbury, United Kingdom
“Pleasantly Surprised”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

We stayed here September 2012 - as a group of 12 people for our wedding held in Chapel of the Flowers. We booked courtyard rooms which were of a decent standard. The pools were both nice areas. We ate at the cafe a couple. Of times which was good and very reasonable. The breakfast buffet was exceptionally good value. Staff were all very friendly and accommodating and all in all we enjoyed the tables etc better than the Luxor where we stayed on our first visit. Few years ago.

When we go back to Vegas we will have no hesitation booking here again - well done Palace Station.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (366)
Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

We just returned from a 5 night stay at the Palace Station in Las Vegas. The property is off the strip but they do offer a shuttle to Fashion Mall. The last shuttle of the day is before midnight so if you are a night owl plan on alternate transportation. We rented a car and on site parking is free. The casino is a little smokier than others but the selection of slots and table games was sufficient. The sports book area has nice seating and several televisions for viewing games.
Jack's Pub offers $2 pints every day all day which is a great deal if you aren't gambling and taking advantage of free drinks.
Cabo, the mexican restaurant, is a good place to play video pocker and have a drink. Chips and salsa are NOT complementary.
The buffett is a great value with your player's card. $4.99 for breakfast; many different items to choose from. Sunday brunch begins earlier than you would except and the price is about double however it does include free champagne which we mixed with orange juice!
Our room was in the tower which has been upgraded recently. The room was nice and the bathroom was much bigger than expected. Lots of counter space with plenty of towels. The shower and toilet are in a seperate area so if you have several people trying to get ready you would have plenty of room.
This hotel caters to locals but was welcoming to tourists. We had a great time and would consider a return trip!

Great Falls, Montana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

I booked three rooms for my two daughters , 3 year old granddaughter and my 82 year old Mother for a wedding in which there were a block of rooms held. I could only get two rooms in the "Luxury tower" (joke) and one in the courtyard. When one of my daughters checked in quite late at night we were immediately asked if we minded stairs, which threw a red flag up immediately. After being told the directions to her room we made our way into the courtyard and had to listen to a couple of extremely intoxicated women describe what one of them was coughing up and then ultimately hacked up in the garbage can. When we opened the door to enter the courtyard rooms it reaked of a strong smell of cat urine and cigarette smoke. The "guests" that we encountered on our lengthy walk made us very uncomfortable and we could here people yelling at each other and loud tv noises through the doors. Reminded me of a bad movie shot in the inner cities apartment complexes. Arriving at my daughters room it was stiffiling hot and smelled horrible and was old and outdated. The air conditioning didn't work and it had to be repaired. I asked the front desk to upgrade or cancel that room out of fear for my daughter and 3 year old granddaughter and the disgust of the room and was told there were no tower rooms available. We moved them to our rooms. The employee at the desk said she couldn't cancel because I booked online which I didn't but she still wouldn't help me so I called the number I had used to book and they told me, literally, that she was lying. I contacted the Manager and he was very defensive but ultimately cancelled the courtyard reservation but charged me for one night. The non-smoking rooms in the tower reaked of smoke and we had no towels. We had to pay the resort fee but didn't use the pool. The shuttle was great as my Mom is disabled and in a power wheelchair and the drivers were very accomodating.

Room Tip: Beware of the courtyard rooms.
A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

Staff is unfriendly and largely incompetent. Took half an hour to check in, the line moved that slowly. They also tried to stick me with one bed when I deliberately asked for two when I filled out the reservation online. The parking is a pain, with unmarked spaces and obnoxious valets.

Also, they tack on a bogus service charge on top of the room rate, so whatever rate you think you're getting, add at least $15 to it. Wouldn't go back unless the room was comped.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with cheaprooms.com

Golden, Colorado
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

The resort fee take it from being a pretty good deal to a rip off. The staff is confused and over worked. The rooms are a little run down and not super clean. They first put us in an occupied room. Our second room roomed smelled like wet dog and old cigarette smoke. The resort fees are not optional and really add to the price of the room. Then there are more fees for hotel services The one that really got me was the minimum $5 charge to use the 'business center' to check in a print a boarding pass for my flight.

Lemoore, Ca
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

I stayed there over the weekend because of the price and the location. This is the second "station" casino I stayed at. The casino is a bit old but is huge and has lots of great games inside. The rooms were mediocre. I reserved a king but they ran out of king rooms by the time I got there so we were forced to take the queens which were actually full size. Vegas really isn't about making you too comfortable in the rooms because they want you on the floor, I get that and these rooms were no different. It was a place to sleep with a nice bathroom. Initially finding the room is another adventure all in itself. There are no signs to guide you to your room, just a big ole confusing map. We eventually found the room which was quite a ways away from the main casino part. If you stay in one of the courtyard rooms,expect that. I would pay the extra money and go for the tower rooms. They do have a shuttle service that runs to and from the airport and the strip. I didn't use it so I can't comment on it. I will say that you pay for the shuttle, Internet, pool, and other amenities with a separate resort fee that your billed with upon check-in. The cost is $16.96 per day whether you use the services or not. I tried to use the wifi but it was really slow so I gave up. All in all for the price and location, you can't beat it. I would stay again, just not in any of the courtyard rooms.

Room Tip: Stay in the tower rooms!!!!
north yorshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

booked a tower room and we took our booking confirmation form with us,and so we were given a tower room as we had booked. Room was lovely with great views. Staff were friendly and comps are good. We had a very nice stay. Free shuttle, great but a little infrequent. we would definitely stay again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Palace Station Hotel and Casino? Share your experiences!