“Awesome” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
BC, Canada
“Awesome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2006

We have stayed at the Orleans the last 4 trips to Vegas. We have always had polite and courtious people to deal with. Food was good and they have a choice of smaller eateries other than the buffets. The only negative I have to say is with regards to their wheelchair availability, we couldn't take if off the premises. We fixed that problem by bringing one with us. You can also get lots of mardi gras beads.

• Liked — casino is very open and not crowded
  • Disliked — smokers - but you get that at all the casinos
  • Tips/Secrets — if you find a cheap price for the rates, the orleans will match the amount if booking with them.
  • Stayed October 2005, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (993)
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2006

My husband, mother in law and I stayed at the Orleans for 2 nihgts September 5th to the 7th. As always the hotel was great! Check in was quick and the staff was very friendly. The room was clean and very comfortable with 2 queen beds, loveseat and a cute chair. We received 2 free buffets with our reservation and Wednesday night steak night was good. The only complaint that I have is that the pool area closes at 7 PM, but the pool area was very inviting and had many lounge chairs. You can rent floats even though the pool depth is only 3' 8". They have a huge jacuzzi area but with the temps being 100 I did not take a dip. They have a machine downstairs where you can print your boarding passes, so I did get "A" boarding passes with Southwest which was sweet. The casino staff and the waitresses were wonderful. Can't wait to return next year. Coast hotels are the best!

toronto
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2006

Not a bad hotel....nice pool and the food is fair. Perhaps a bit too smokey. HOWEVER, I must advise all potential customers to be very careful when taking one of their shuttle buses to other casinos or back to the Orleans again........you need to ask the driver specifically where he is going ( even though it says
" Orleans" right on the side of the bus) Our driver did not say a word. We were shuttled about 10 miles out of the city to another casino and had to take a 20 dollar cab ride back to the hotel. The management refused to reimburse us, even though they admitted this does happen fairly regularily !

• Stayed August 2006, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
tenerife
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2006

good value. French buffet excellent price. Hotel very clean. valet service good. shuttle available to the strip every 15 minutes. hotel not too noisy - we took the kids and I felt they were safe. security men checking who goes into the elevators. We stayed a week in this hotel and had a great time. I think if we had stayed on the strip it would have been too noisy and busy for me to keep an eye on the children. They loved the bowling at the Orleans !

• Liked — comfortable beds
  • Disliked — no fridge
  • Tips/Secrets — enjoy!
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
NOTTS
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2006

Having been to Vegas many times I have to say that The Orleans is by far the best experience. {Previous stays Luxor, MGM Grand, Hilton} .Although the hotel is off strip this was in fact a bonus as we were not bothered by hundreds of tourists doing the usual 'themed hotel tour.' Access to the strip was easy via free shuttles at frequent intervals. Staff were very friendly and professional. Our room was more spacious and luxurious than any I had previously stayed in. Hygeine maintained to very high standards by maids. Great choice of eateries- we did not manage to use all restaraunts during our stay. Service was prompt and on the one occasion it was slower tthan normal we were given a bottle of red wine to compensate. Pool area nice and relaxing but would imagine it would be slightly overcrowded at peak season. We will definitely be returning to The Orleans and I have no hesitation in recomending this hotel.

• Liked — EXCELLENT VALUE FOR MONEY
  • Disliked — NO TEA/COFFEE FACILITIES IN ROOM - MINOR IRRITATION
  • Stayed May 2006, traveled with family
Southwest
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2006

The Orleans is a very nice, budget hotel (for Vegas standards)west of the Strip. Although it's less expensive than other hotels in the area off the strip, the rooms do not say "budget". The rooms are very spacious and comfortable with a separate sitting area.

Overall, the hotel is quite nice and I would recommend this to anyone who has a car to get around. I would not rely on the shuttle because returning to the hotel from the Strip can be frustrating at best. This hotel is too far from the Strip to walk unless a 1.5 - 2 mile walk to the Strip each way wouldn't bother you.

The pool area is very nice but small for Vegas. The main drawback is that it's mostly in the shade until noon because the building blocks the east-facing side. When it is in the sun, there is very little shade because they do not have umbrellas to allow you to decide how much sun or shade you get. So, it's basically all sun or all shade. The music at the pool is lively and is neither a snooze nor head-banging.

Just a word of advice. If you leave the pool area, even very briefly, you MUST leave some of your belongings or they will take your towels. I left to use the restroom and not 5 minutes later as I returned to the pool, I watched as the pool attendant removed not only my towels but also the magazines I'd left. I asked why he was taking my things and he said management requires them to do this unless shoes are left behind. Hmmm....so if you prefer to wear your flip flops to the restroom, be sure to leave something else that appears more valuable than a couple magazines or your lounger will be vacated for you. In this case, someone else had already taken my lounger (probably because it was in a really nice location and it was very crowded that day) but the female attendant with very long hair (wish I'd gotten her name) was very apologetic and later came by with a couple complimentary water bottles.

As long as you don't plan on spending a day at the pool, I would definitely recommend this hotel. The rooms are very nice and there's a decent selection of restaurants for a late night bite and most of the staff is very helpful and pleasant.

• Liked — Room rate
  • Disliked — Pool area
  • Stayed September 2006
Suntree, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2006

After reading the many positive reviews, we chose this hotel for our five-day trip. We booked three other hotels and The Orleans was used as our base, so we didn't have to keep packing and unpacking. For $33.00 a night, I didn't expect much. When we first booked, the Orleans price was higher. As our trip approached, we found lower rates on Travelosity. They matched the lower internet price twice.

The hotel is away's off the strip. Walking is not an option.

When we arrived, the lobby was LOADED with kids. A soccer championship was going on. People were lying everywhere in the lobby. Instead of suitcases, people stuffed their clothes in trash bags. The class of people were more along the lines of what you would find at Denny's. I did not think this would be a good experience or a quiet night.

To my surprise, when we reached our room, we didn't hear a sound. I was truly shocked at how quiet it was in the room considering the hundreds of kids running around. We were even able to sleep in without being woken up by noise from slamming doors, people's voices, or cleaning staff. The rooms were also huge. The bed is not very comfortable, but everything else was fine.

We ended up having a great time with the down to earth people we met. Everyone was very friendly and fun to gamble with.

We did very well gambling here. The Big Wheel of Fortune was a blast. I won a few hundred, lost a few hundred. It was addicting.

My husband plays Texas Hold'em. Wait time was usually around 20minutes. The people were friendly and he won three out of five days of playing.

The Prime Rib was amazing. We eat out often and this was on of the best Prime Ribs we ever had. Loved the dark atmosphere.

If you are expecting a high-class hotel, then stay elsewhere. If you are looking for a clean, quiet, place to lay your head at night, this is a great choice.

• Liked — Quiet rooms
  • Disliked — Beds were hard
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to The Orleans Hotel & Casino? Share your experiences!