“Las Vegas "The Orleans" way...” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Experience Vegas Special
Ranked #35 of 272 Hotels in Las Vegas
San Diego, California, United States
“Las Vegas "The Orleans" way...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

The first thing I have to say is that the staff at this hotel is the friendliest staff ever. We felt welcomed from the moment we checked in. Every restaurant we ate in was marvelous, food was good - especially enjoyed the Courtyard Cafe. Casino wasn't filled with smoke - we enjoyed Helen Reddy in their great Showroom, and we won a little money!

Only bad thing was the internet. It didn't work - had to talk to three people before we got it hooked up - and then it was only the laptop that was working. The tablets never did connect...

We went to the movies - the theaters are beautiful - 18 of them. There is a bowling alley and great and wonderful things for kids to indulge themselves in.

All in all it was a great 3 days - we never left the resort.

Go there - you won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: We were in room 1044. Great view of the Strip. The room was large and very clean. Shower had great w...
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (954)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

My family and I have been coming to the Orleans since it opened in the 1990's. In the last few years, we had noticed that the hotel rooms were really showing wear and tear. Despite great pricing, we have recently stayed in other places. However, I came out for a slot tournament and upgraded to one of the newly refurbished rooms for $12 a night additional. I was pleased to see new carpet, chairs and bedding. The room conditions were significantly improved. There is also a much better bureau for clothes storage that also houses a safe.

The Orleans still has a great bowling alley, two arcades, a kid's quest and an 18 screen movie theater. For families traveling to Vegas, this is still my number one recommendation. For adults, the tables and slot payouts are decent, and you can find video poker games (if you understand pay tables) that pay at 99%.

Great location --- about 2 miles off the strip on Tropicana. Food choices include food court with Subway, Sbarro, Baskin Robbins and Fatburger. Also multiple restaurants and a reasonable buffet that is better than most in Vegas.

Room Tip: Senior Days on Wednesday for those 50 and older -- swipe players card and get 2 for 1 buffet. Also...
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled with friends
scotland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

We have been coming to Vegas for the past 14 Years and until 2010 stayed at the Orleans, for some reason since then our Host refused to reply to any emails so thankfully we found a new home at the Suncoast. On last years visit my wife was desperate to again visit the Orleans at least 1 night to see what we have maybe been missing, as it turns out we have missed nothing, we booked a remodelled room that was not very clean, ac did not work,rude employee at check in and having had a very poor dining experience at Koji we just could not get out fast enough in the morning.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Linden
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Excellent hotel and casino. Very friendly staff and check in/out was fast and the front desk staff were very nice. I have stayed here many times, and I have to say that this is one of my favorite casinos. I think the Orleans has the third largest casino by square foot area in Las Vegas. I stayed from January 17th to check out on January 22, 2015. The room are priced right,and the rooms are very clean and comfortable. I stayed in room 1702, and it was perfect. There are many dining options available. There is a bowling alley, multi screen movie theater, and the Orleans Arena, which is all part of this complex. I recommend this hotel to everyone I know due to all that is available for hotel guests. What most people complain most about are hotels that overcharge for food. This is not so for this hotel. Everything is reasonable, and the quality is excellent, with many choices from the food court to regular dining. If you ever stayed on the strip, and paid those high prices, then you would understand my point. The security in this hotel is excellent. You must always show your room key at the elevators to the security guards. The Vallet attendants were fast and friendly. For me, this is the perfect hotel when I visit Las Vegas. Your experience is all up to you. If you take advantage of what is available at this property, you will have happy memories to last a lifetime

• Stayed January 2015, traveled on business
Aldie, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Notice I didn't say great or awesome. The hotel is fine. I was a little scared to stay in a $40 per night hotel. I even packed my own sheets. But it was fine. I have stayed in much nicer places but have also stayed in worse places. The room was non smoking and for that I was grateful. Smoking is allowed in the majority of the hotel. It hits you like a wall when you walk in. That takes some adjustment since this is 2015 and not 1975. I used the gym twice. Well appointed except it opens late-6:00am. Did not eat much in the hotel - escaped to real restaurants on the strip when I could. But I did order a salad at Fudrucker which was mediocre at best. The java vegas was fine for a quick breakfast.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled on business
Valdez, Alaska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

I had a great time at the Orleans Hotel & Casino. My room was clean and comfortable, and huge! I was really surprised. The room rate was decent, but the room was more than I expected.

The staff at the hotel is friendly. There are also plenty of restaurants and activities within the hotel to keep you busy. The hotel also has a shuttle that will take patrons to other Boyd Gaming locations. This is a great opportunity to see the other casinos and get a ride down to the strip.

I highly recommend the Orleans!

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I have to say...this hotel is absolutely disgusting. We booked for 4 nights. The first night we got here late and we were exhausted so we went right to our room to rest. Immediately upon opening the door we were greeted with a huge and very obvious stain covering a large portion of the floor. All of the fixtures in the bathroom had free. Caked on slime. There was also trash on the floor. Horrified, we called the front desk to switch rooms. We were told we couldn't until the next day. The next day we called and told we could have a new room after11a.m. We were out all day,but picked up new keys as soon as we got back. The new room did not have a huge stain thank goodness. It did smell badly of smoke. There were also literally about a dozen children running up and down the hallways unsupervised. I very much felt like I was walking through a trailer park. Needless to say our second night was fairly sleepless. The AC did not work, the shampoo/conditioner was the lowest of the low quality. The blankets on the beds had several large HOLES worn through them. The TV gets about 3 channels. The entire place has a dirty/grimy 60's feel. As for the casino...it is trashy. Over half of the people look like homeless just stumbled in off the streets. The heavy smoke drenched the entire room and my eyes and throat were burning just taking a quick walkthrough. We decided to sit for a couple hands of blackjack anyway. The dealer was young and ANNOYING. He made two mistakes just in the few hands I watched. He gabbed incessantly,but most of the participants were too drunk to seem to care. The dealer talked for a lenthy time about him and his friends carrying pistols so that he could just shoot someone in the kneecap. He said he didn't actually want to kill anyone probably...just wanted to hurt them. All in all it was VERY unprofessional in every way. The room service was decidedly awful. We ordered of the room service menu IN OUR ROOM and apparently the price had changed and they had given rooms updated orders. Needless to say they did NOT honor the prices listed. We didn't buy. The staff was rude. There are no "real" ATMs...only cash advances that they charge you $10 for and then go to the cashier who gives you a check. You then have to sign it and then they'll give you your ATM cash. SCAM through and through. I could NOT be PAID to stay here ever again. The only reason I'd ever come back would be to film a documentary on a trailer trash commune.

• Stayed January 2015
Sarah S, Customer Service at The Orleans Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, 6 days ago
We are so sorry your recent visit to The Orleans was so terrible. We do take our reviews seriously and would like to discuss your stay further. Please reach out to the Hotel Director. We look forward to hearing from you, so that we can improve our service. Thank you.

Been to The Orleans Hotel & Casino? Share your experiences!