“Off but on the Strip!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #34 of 272 Hotels in Las Vegas
St. George, Utah
“Off but on the Strip!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

How can that be, both on and off the Las Vegas strip at the same time?

Well The Orleans Hotel & Casino is about 4 blocks from the strip, but they have a FREE shuttle that takes you to and from the hotel.

We are a little bit of the older generation and like action, but not like the younger set, They have all the table games you could ask for as well as slots, and entertainment.

If you are hungry there are several restaurants, cafe's, food court and a buffet.

They have a multiplex theater, 60 lane bowling alley, and two large arcades.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor, they are remodeling from the top down.
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (941)
Mohall, North Dakota, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

We stayed here for 11 nights, the rooms were pretty nice and revamped. The staff was friendly and helpfull.

The gambling wasnt any good at all and we were a group of 8 people so its not based one single persons gambling. But hey we all know that Vegas wasnt built on winners right! At least we got our rooms comped for all the gambling.

There are other forms of entertainment also like a game room for the kids and a movie theater, bowling room. Then there are a few restaurants and an Irish pub inside although the best Irish pub in (McMullans)Vegas is just outside the hotel.

There is a free shuttle service that takes you to the strip and back.

We will stay here again.

Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

We have stayed at the Orleans twice and enjoyed both times as the hotel is very convenient for the Strip and the other attractions in Las Vegas and its at a price which represents good value.
Rooms a re spacious and of a good standard and you must try the indoor bowling alley

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

When I told my brother, White Buffalo" that we had reserved rooms at the Orleans Hotel and the cost was only $38 per night, he said "Remember, you get what you pay for!”. Well, no truer words have been spoken. Unlike the service we have received at their sister property, the Sun Coast, we found the front desk staff impersonal and curt. We had reserved four rooms three weeks in advance and asked that the room be placed close to each other (they did not need to be right next to each other, just in the vicinity). What we were given was four rooms on the 15th floor at opposite ends of the very long hallways. One member of our party choose to pay for an upgrades room, but the room they received was exactly like the other three rooms and all rooms showed heavy wear and dirty carpets. Since White Buffalo loves to float in the pool, we also had confirmed that the pool would be open when we made the reservation. Even the front desk had said the pool would be open during our stay. But the next morning when we went to the pool, we were greeted by a large sign that said “Pool Closed for the Season”. On the positive side, valet staff was excellent.
I would not recommend this hotel, when you can get a much nicer room at the Sun Coast for about the same cost and the staff is must more efficient and friendly.

Room Tip: My best tip to help you choose a good room is to go about five miles tot he west and check into the...
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I stayed at the orleans hotel in vegas in October and not only was bit but I brought them home with me.

It cost me a fortune to get rid of them. Orleans denied everything and had a report saying there were no bedbugs.

This was one of the worst experiences of my life. Which they completely denied. After talking with several people this place is known for bedbug infestations.

Go to BedbugRegistry.com you'll see.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled solo
Maplewood, Minnesota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW via mobile

We checked into our room at midnight on a Sunday (the day was already half over). It was not busy at all, so I asked if there were any upgrades available. The front desk guy was a major jerk. He said we could upgrade us for an additional $100 per night (which was NO discount off the regular rate). I countered with $100 total for the two nights we were staying (really 1 1/2). He rudely said no and wanted to know if he should just continue with the reservation I had made on-line (which was through The Orleans website using my B Connected Rewards card). I then informed him that the rates for our room were currently cheaper then when we made the reservation. He proceeds to tell us that was not the amount we agreed to when we made the reservation (3 months ago). Since we hadn't paid for anything prior to arrival, I don't know why he was being such a dick about it. Anyway, we finally get our room. He gives my husband the card keys, doesn't tell him the room number and just points over to the elevators. He put us in a room on the 4th floor with an air conditioning/heating unit that was loud and made the entire floor vibrate. I called down to request a different room, and thank God someone else answered. The new guy said "no problem" and put us in a
room on the 19th floor! Next, I needed to change my name on my B Connected card, but couldn't because the rewards desk was closed. The room was ok if you're used to your Motel 6 types. We were in an "remodeled" premium king room. The bathroom was NOT remodeled at all. It's from the 60's and nasty. The grout between the tiles on the wall is disgusting and the drain
barely works. Also, don't expect to make any microwave popcorn because they don't have any microwaves to use. And, they won't pop it for you due to "health reasons" and their policy not to put any outside food in their microwaves. Really, popcorn in a sealed bag is a health risk? Stupid policy and rude staff. Stay elsewhere!

• Stayed December 2014
Peru, New York, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

I'd stayed at the Orleans many times and I am get to have a room that is not clean and comfortable. Not overly fancy, but very clean and comfortable. I do not hear the noise in the hallways I hear other locations. The staff is always friendly and helpful.

Stayed December 2014, traveled on business

Been to The Orleans Hotel & Casino? Share your experiences!