“White Buffalo Says "You Get What You Pay For!"” 3 of 5 stars

Hotel packages
Special Offer
Experience Vegas Special
Ranked #34 of 272 Hotels in Las Vegas
“White Buffalo Says "You Get What You Pay For!"”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed today NEW

When I told my brother, White Buffalo" that we had reserved rooms at the Orleans Hotel and the cost was only $38 per night, he said "Remember, you get what you pay for!”. Well, no truer words have been spoken. Unlike the service we have received at their sister property, the Sun Coast, we found the front desk staff impersonal and curt. We had reserved four rooms three weeks in advance and asked that the room be placed close to each other (they did not need to be right next to each other, just in the vicinity). What we were given was four rooms on the 15th floor at opposite ends of the very long hallways. One member of our party choose to pay for an upgrades room, but the room they received was exactly like the other three rooms and all rooms showed heavy wear and dirty carpets. Since White Buffalo loves to float in the pool, we also had confirmed that the pool would be open when we made the reservation. Even the front desk had said the pool would be open during our stay. But the next morning when we went to the pool, we were greeted by a large sign that said “Pool Closed for the Season”. On the positive side, valet staff was excellent.
I would not recommend this hotel, when you can get a much nicer room at the Sun Coast for about the same cost and the staff is must more efficient and friendly.

Room Tip: My best tip to help you choose a good room is to go about five miles tot he west and check into the...
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (940)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I stayed at the orleans hotel in vegas in October and not only was bit but I brought them home with me.

It cost me a fortune to get rid of them. Orleans denied everything and had a report saying there were no bedbugs.

This was one of the worst experiences of my life. Which they completely denied. After talking with several people this place is known for bedbug infestations.

Go to BedbugRegistry.com you'll see.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled solo
Maplewood, Minnesota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW via mobile

We checked into our room at midnight on a Sunday (the day was already half over). It was not busy at all, so I asked if there were any upgrades available. The front desk guy was a major jerk. He said we could upgrade us for an additional $100 per night (which was NO discount off the regular rate). I countered with $100 total for the two nights we were staying (really 1 1/2). He rudely said no and wanted to know if he should just continue with the reservation I had made on-line (which was through The Orleans website using my B Connected Rewards card). I then informed him that the rates for our room were currently cheaper then when we made the reservation. He proceeds to tell us that was not the amount we agreed to when we made the reservation (3 months ago). Since we hadn't paid for anything prior to arrival, I don't know why he was being such a dick about it. Anyway, we finally get our room. He gives my husband the card keys, doesn't tell him the room number and just points over to the elevators. He put us in a room on the 4th floor with an air conditioning/heating unit that was loud and made the entire floor vibrate. I called down to request a different room, and thank God someone else answered. The new guy said "no problem" and put us in a
room on the 19th floor! Next, I needed to change my name on my B Connected card, but couldn't because the rewards desk was closed. The room was ok if you're used to your Motel 6 types. We were in an "remodeled" premium king room. The bathroom was NOT remodeled at all. It's from the 60's and nasty. The grout between the tiles on the wall is disgusting and the drain
barely works. Also, don't expect to make any microwave popcorn because they don't have any microwaves to use. And, they won't pop it for you due to "health reasons" and their policy not to put any outside food in their microwaves. Really, popcorn in a sealed bag is a health risk? Stupid policy and rude staff. Stay elsewhere!

• Stayed December 2014
Peru, New York, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I'd stayed at the Orleans many times and I am get to have a room that is not clean and comfortable. Not overly fancy, but very clean and comfortable. I do not hear the noise in the hallways I hear other locations. The staff is always friendly and helpful.

Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
Surrey, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

We bought a package for the rodeo Dec 4-7/14. We also had two nights comped so we went down two days early to make it a longer vacation. As usual we checked in only having to wait a few minutes at registration. Staff were very friendly. We upgraded to a premium and strip view #1822. Nice room, big and very clean. We were there on the Tuesday so decided to go to the movies that night because they have $4 Tuesdays. Nice movie theatre comfortable seats etc. Went to the rodeo had very good seats and had a lot of fun. Busses for our free shuttle ride back to the hotel was very well organized no problem. they had very good country bands and music playing in the casino. Friday night we saw Burton Cummings in the show room in the Orleans. again had excellent seats. (we bought them through the Orleans) before we went down, good idea to do that. Boy best concert I've been to in a long time. He played all of the Guess Who songs including "American Woman". He will be there again in May. Well worth going to see. Brendan's Pub on Wednesday or Thursday when they have Mic to Mic with Smokin Smitty ( I think that was his name) was a lot of fun the room gets packed.
The buffet as always is good with a good price $7.99 breakfast $8.99 for lunch $9.99 for dinner with your B-connected card. We also ate at the Courtyard cafe and enjoyed what we had there.
If you are going to play in the casino and spend time there play with your b-connected card in the machine and if you do you can go into the casino host office and see if they will comp you. They are very good there for doing that. Also swipe your card at the kiosk everyday before you play and on certain days they have promotions going on.
the only thing my husband had a complaint about was when he ordered a rum and coke at one of the bars he was told it is not a full oz of liquor that they put in. He complained and they didn't charge us for it. But let me tell you I would recommend The Orleans over any other hotel in Vegas especially on the strip were they gouge you. We looked at a menu down in Caesar's and for a New York steak it was $99. Outrages.
Can't wait to go back to The Orleans. Might go for the Slot Tournament coming up in January 26th. if I can talk my husband into letting me go LOL.
Free shuttle to the strip is available also.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Summerfield, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Didn't know what to expect with this hotel. Had been to Vegas before and stayed at the Mirage. We were pleasantly Surprised! Clean rooms, huge!, Very comfortable beds, non smoking rooms were really non smoking. Everything you need was there! Plenty of restaurants, bars, snack bars, a movie theater with current movies that ran specials (unfortunately didn't have time to go), a bowling alley, even a strategically placed candy shop that we visited every day on the way up to our rooms. :-) Not on the strip but if you have a car, very close and only 10 minutes from the airport. Would stay here again for sure.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends
Kerrville, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Have stayed at The Orleans many times. As always, great service, food and of course, gambling. Loved it and would highly recommend it, especially if "the strip" is not your thing as it is not on the strip but close enough to get to the strip if you want..

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to The Orleans Hotel & Casino? Share your experiences!