“nice place to relax” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #29 of 272 Hotels in Las Vegas
Los Angeles, California
“nice place to relax”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

I like it because is off the strip, and has a nice pool to relax, pretty safe and clean rooms, it good to relax and have a nice time with friends or family. free parking and valet with no charge. They have a bowling alley were we spend good time, the casino has good machines and we really enjoyed

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (884)
Freeport, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

Me and my wife have stayed here many times.... This was the best recommendation from all the locals... Casino is awesome and loose.... Restraunts are awesome... Some rooms are better than others... And the place is huge. We have stayed on the strip and honestly they can keep it.... I'll keep going here and I don't feel anyone would be disappointed...

Stayed March 2014
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

I chose the Orleans specifically because I was interested in a resort that had services/entertainment for small children, and this place did not disappoint. My four year old and I spent two nights here, never left the property, and had a great time.

My overall impression is that the hotel is most popular with--and best suited for--somewhat older individuals (as in retirement age +) and families with young children. If you're looking for a party scene, look elsewhere. I think this place gives you great bang for the buck, being very affordable with great amenities. For those who are interested, here's a breakdown of the parts of the resort we made use of:

THE ROOM
Before booking, I debated whether or not I should spring for one of the updated rooms (for an extra $10 per night). In the end I went for it, and am glad I did. Our room was very nice. Clean, tastefully decorated, and we had a great view of the strip. None of that threadbare, worn out look that older rooms always have. The blackout curtains worked well and were needed as being on Eastern time + small child = early bedtime. The bed was firm, but not too much so for us.

The bathroom seemed not to be as updated as the rest of the room. The shower tile appeared ancient, and while the pocket door design for the bathroom is great, a door that is less heavy, old, and noisy would be nice. The water pressure in the shower was reliably unreliable. Every single time either of us took a shower, no matter the length or time of day, at some point the pressure would drop significantly--just for long enough to make me worry it was going to disappear entirely, maybe 10-20 seconds--and then pop back in. Other than these strange dips, the water pressure was good overall.

KIDS TYME (yes, that's how they spell it)
Being that it was just me and a preschooler, I really appreciated having a child care option so that I could go use the fitness center (no one under 18 allowed in there). Parents, make sure you bring a copy of your children's immunization records, as that will be needed for you to drop them off. The cost was $7 per hour, with a minimum time of one hour and maximum of five hours. When you drop off, you can specify an amount of money your child can use to buy snacks if they wish (things like mac & cheese, pizza, fruit snacks, chips, cereal bars, etc.). You pay for the amount of time and whatever they ate when you pick up. My son liked the facility and enjoyed telling me about all the stuff he got to do. I only wish the hours started earlier in the day. I know it's Las Vegas, but kids get up early! Kids Tyme doesn't open until 11 a.m., but we were up at 4:45 and the fitness center opened at 6:00. It would have been nice to be able to get a workout in in the morning.

MOVIE THEATER
18-screen theater with current releases and large, comfortable seats. On Tuesdays, all movies are only $5 all day. On other days, the first matinee of each movie is only $7. Plus the coupon book we received at check-in included a free small popcorn at the theater. I was happy to not have to pay an arm and a leg to enjoy a movie!

POOL
There are two pools; one that is a largish pool for all ages, and a smaller round one that is mostly one foot deep, with a max depth in the middle of three feet. This pool was perfect for my son and I. We plopped in the water and he got to frog around to his heart's content without me having to hold him the entire time. I do wish there was more shade available near the pools.

FOOD
I ate at the buffet one night for dinner and thought there were plenty of tasty options. Not many healthy options, mind you, but tasty. Knowing my super-picky, super-skinny son would never eat even $5 worth of buffet food, let alone $17, I bought a kids meal to-go from the food court and brought it in with us. No one gave us a hard time about it, which I was glad for. The kids meal was from Fuddrucker's and was a good value, coming with mac & cheese, apple slices, milk, and a cookie.

We ate at the 24-hour cafe for breakfast one morning and dinner one night, and it was fine. Nothing mind-blowing, but we both found things we liked. I found it odd that the yogurt & granola parfait came with a bunch of whipped cream on top. Yes it looked pretty, but odds are anyone who's ordering yogurt & granola is trying to make a healthy and/or low cal choice. I simply shaved it off the top and my son enjoyed it with his pancakes.

The gift shop came in handy for buying water and snacks to keep in the room.

The coffee shop brews Starbucks coffee, so that was standard quality, but the blueberry muffin we ordered was very tough and only had two blueberries in it. They also offer free wi-fi, some comfy seating, and a couple of tvs.

Altogether, I was happy with the various food options and found the prices to be reasonable by resort standards.

FITNESS CENTER
The fitness center was a bit larger, brighter, cleaner, and nicer smelling than a standard hotel gym and had treadmills, elliptical machines, stair climbers, weight machines, free weights, a couple of small benches, medicine balls, and mats. There were two tvs, though I just listened to music on my phone. As I mentioned earlier, no one under the age of 18 is allowed in the facility, which is a bummer for any teenagers who want to work out, but quite frankly, was fine with me.

I had planned on using the free shuttle to the strip, but thanks to all the stuff to do at the hotel, we ended up not having enough time to make it over there. I hope to make use of this service next time. Speaking of which, I very rarely have repeat stays at hotels since I like to try new places and usually just scout for whatever is the best deal on Priceline or Hotwire; however, if I were to come back to Las Vegas with my son, I would absolutely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

We didn't stay here but we spent a lot of time here due to the fact everything they have for kids. We ended up using their Kids Center so us adults could go do some gambling. They went twice and they LOVED it!! I was a little hesitant because my kids have never been left. The staff was amazing as we have an Autistic Child. Kids are not allowed to wear hats and getting the hat off my son is impossible so they allowed him to wear it backwards would definitely recommend this place to anyone!!!

• Stayed August 2014
atlanta, ga
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

We have been to Las Vegas many times and like to stay at different hotels just to compare them against each other. We spent 5 nights at this property on our vacation, and it did not disappoint. I was hesitant because it is located off strip and away from the Fremont district, but I was very happy with the choice. From the moment we arrived we were greeted at the valet area with smiles and all the help we needed unloading and got a bellman right away. Check in was easy and they had our room ready for us even though we arrived earlier than normal check in time. The room are very spacious (about 600 sq ft) and that was a regular king room. The bathrooms are large enough for 2 people at the same time. The casino staff very cheerful. This property has a huge bowling alley (70) lanes, a movie theater, a food court, an arcade for the kids, a reasonably priced buffet, plus a TGI Fridays, Oyster Bar, burger restaurant, and a wonderful steakhouse The Prime Rib Loft) on the mezzanine level that overlooks the casino floor. I had a Beef Filet Oscar that was a perfect medium rare. We have eaten at some very high end restaurants in Vegas, and this was by far, one of the best I've had anywhere. Everything was easy to get to from the hotel. No regrets about booking there. They also have Starbucks coffee right in the main lobby. So convenient. Will definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: We stayed on the North side overlooking the pool
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
milwaukee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

Found the total experience improved from last stay. Air circulation much better in casino, smoke is less concentrated. Rooms clean and comfortable. Security present and actively watching at elevators. Pool area nice, although only one life guard for the whole area did not seem adequate.
Location works best for us with family living near by so appreciate the positive changes from our last stay.

Room Tip: Clear view of the strip a bonus
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
TailgateJeff
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

I had some worries about staying off the strip at a hotel/casino that was charging less than $40 a night for the room. I had even more worries when I called to make confirm the reservation and somehow, the reservation that I had made directly with the hotel was cancelled. I had a confirmation number, so I was able to keep my room.

I was pretty shocked that because of the confusion about the rooms mix up, the hotel upgraded me to a suite at no extra charge. A very nice gesture.

I was staying there for work-related training, so I didn't take full advantage of all the complex has to offer like the 70 lane bowling alley and pool. The hotel appeared to be well maintained and there was ongoing work to upgrade some of the older rooms.

The casino is just like many of the others in Las Vegas. There are a number of bars and restaurants here. The Prime Rib Loft is very good and a great value.

If you are traveling to Vegas on a budget, this would be a great place to stay. You need a cab or bus to get to the Strip, but I'm guessing that it's a $10-$12 cab ride each way. It's also close and easy to get to from the airport.

If you are traveling with a large vehicle, say a semi, RV, travel trailer or boat, this would be a great place to stay as they have a large surface parking lot next to the hotel. Don't know if they charge you for the parking, but I did see a number of larger vehicles in the lot during my stay.

A couple of negatives. You are off the strip and going anyplace else I going to involve taking your car, a cab or a bus. There isn't anything else around the hotel/casino.

During my stay, the hotel was a mix of older retired age people and families with children. Not a problem unless you are looking to hang out with hot babes by the pool and party until dawn. This isn't the place for that.

It's pretty quiet during the day and it does pick up a little bit at night.

Overall, if you are looking for a inexpensive place to stay in Las Vegas, this is your Hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a newer remodeled room.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Been to The Orleans Hotel & Casino? Share your experiences!