“Even Local Nevadians Love to Stay At The Orleans” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Experience Vegas Special
Ranked #33 of 271 Hotels in Las Vegas
Minden, Nevada
“Even Local Nevadians Love to Stay At The Orleans”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

We live in Northern Nevada near Reno and Lake Tahoe. We meaning my wife and myself, still head to the Orleans when we want to relax and enjoy a getaway. Boyd gaming has for years been our place for rest and relaxation. In particular the Orleans in recent years. The hotel manages to amaze us as to the service and enjoyable experience's. Whether it be gaming or or dining. You can't go wrong with the Orleans.

Room Tip: We love being above the pool, it's a beautiful view.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (918)
Scottsdale AZ
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

We chose The Orleans for a trip to Vegas that included kids. The hotel has a bowling alley and a movie theater, as well as a food court that includes Subway and Sbarro. All of these items help if you are travelling with kids. The pool gave us a moment of hesitation because it is not terribly exciting and once we arrived it was actually too cold for swimming, which was a disappointment.

The rooms at The Orleans are large but the beds have a strange foam topper that I did not find comfortable. The hotel is also showing some wear and tear. Our sink had a huge crack in it and the shower had a nonstop drip for two days followed by two days where we mysteriously did not have a shower handle. We assume someone had tried and failed to fix the leak.

The hotel also offers a shuttle to its sister properties including Gold Coast and Bally's on the strip, which was useful.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Hudson, New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

We were at the Orleans for 5 days over the Fourth of July. We were in one of the newly renovated rooms and we were pleased with the new furnishings and decor. I was also very surprised how quiet the rooms were. We even had young children it the room next to us and I could hear them when we were in the hallway but once inside the room no noise at all.
Love all the restaurant choices the hotel has to offer, we ate at the Mexican, TGIF Fridays and, the food court on this trip and all were very good. We used the shuttle two days to go to the strip and it was great and always timely. I also like the option of having a refrigerator brought to your room for $15. We asked for one when we checked in after midnight and it was delivered less than 20 minutes after we got there!
Spent a couple of night dancing in the lounge with a great cover band Chyna! Hats off to the band they are great performers and the lounge was packed every night they played.
We had a great time and you just can't beat the value for your dollar! Can't wait to return!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Burlington, Vermont
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

I've stayed, at this property, quite a few times, and have not been disappointed yet. The staff is friendly, the rooms clean, and the food was good. The reasons for my visits varied but the end result has been a positive one.

Room Tip: Ask for an upper level room in order to get a better view of the city.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

This hotel was a perfect place to stay. Although not on the Vegas Strip it was well worth the stay. This property has nice rooms, long hallways, security and there is plenty of parking if you choose to rent a car. Only about 10 or 15 min from the airport and its a straight easy ride. It is also not far from the Vegas strip. There is a strip club across the street, but it is very conservative looking from the outside and weirdo's hanging around, I actually ha to ask what the spot was. There is also a Budget rent a car directly across the street. Down about 2 blocks is a 7/11 and a Walgreens, go the other way and McDonalds is not far. There is a Shuttle every half hour to the strip. I did not use this serve because I had a rental but the people I asked stated it was efficient. This hotel is great for families and it has everything you could think of. We didn't bring our children but there were several different events going on in Vegas that involved youth and many stayed here. Considering all Vegas has to offer, the elements of it was not apparent at all at this property. I didn't not feel overwhelmed with the children and with so much to do I hardly noticed them. There is a full movie theater with movies that are current, you can go bowling for free with a movie ticket, pool, spa, big game room, daycare, restaurants, buffets, TGI Fridays, Subways, I could just go on and on, with check in you will receive discounts for some of the restaurants. This hotel has very long hallways so if you don't want to walk far to your room, ask for one close to the elevator. There also is not a long wait for elevators, the elevators are divided by floors so the higher floors have express pass the lower floors. I did not win big but I was able to play for a while and feel like I got my monies worth at the casino. I am not a smoker and the non smoking section for gaming was very small. I was a little disappointed about that because it seems that all the winning was going on in the smoking section. ;). I would stay here again, I've stayed at the Hard Rock and Caesar's in the past but why pay extra on the strip when you can go over there at anytime and experience anything that is going on in that hotel anyway.

Room Tip: This hotel has long hallways so if you do not want to walk far to your room ask for a room closer to...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Gallup, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

The Orleans has it all. Our 6 year old loved Kids Time. The teens loved the bowling, pool, fitness center and food. The wife loved the spa and beuty salon. Dad loved the reasonable priced gaming. Everyone loved the movie theater.

Another thing I appreciate about The Orleans is the clientele. They are well behaved and respectful for the most part. Lots of families. The table games are great! The dealers are competent and the table minimums are low (5 dollar craps and Blackjack). The drink service was good and the video poker had decent pay tables, even at the bar.

The rooms were great, the room service was awesome as well. The drive to any of the strip casinos is not to bad, especially with GPS technology these days avoiding the high traffic routes. It took us 11 minutes to get to the Quad for the High Roller, and 7 minutes to the Luxor for Criss Angel.

There is a great shuttle that goes to The Gold Coast and Bally's. I went to the Gold Coast for Dinner at The Cortez and it was awesome!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Calumet Park, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

My wife and I have been coming to Vegas for years and before our son was born and until he was about 3 - we would stay at The Gold Coast (another Boyd facility), which we truly enjoyed. When our son turned 3 or so -- we started staying at The Orleans because of Kids Tyme. The staff at Kids Tyme has literally watched our son (who is almost 12) grow up. The Orleans has something for everyone. Of course, there's gambling -- but there's so much more -- bowling, movie theatre, arcade, Kids Tyme, several wonderful eateries, shuttle to and from the strip, etc. The room rates are some of the best in Vegas - and because the hotel is off the strip - it serves as a nice break from the hustle and bustle of the trip. The security and reservations staff at The Orleans are awesome. The rooms are nice, clean -- well worth the rates. The only reason we didn't rate the hotel as Excellent is because the free wifi is located only in their coffee shop. Years ago -- they had an in-house business center which allowed guests to use computers, print their boarding passes, etc. all free of charge -- now these little things are not as convenient. Yet, it is a VERY GOOD place to stay.

Room Tip: Don't select rooms next to elevators as one can hear guest coming/going etc.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Been to The Orleans Hotel & Casino? Share your experiences!