“WONDERFUL AFFORDABLE” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #39 of 269 Hotels in Las Vegas
New York City, New York
“WONDERFUL AFFORDABLE”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

This hotel was a perfect place to stay. Although not on the Vegas Strip it was well worth the stay. This property has nice rooms, long hallways, security and there is plenty of parking if you choose to rent a car. Only about 10 or 15 min from the airport and its a straight easy ride. It is also not far from the Vegas strip. There is a strip club across the street, but it is very conservative looking from the outside and weirdo's hanging around, I actually ha to ask what the spot was. There is also a Budget rent a car directly across the street. Down about 2 blocks is a 7/11 and a Walgreens, go the other way and McDonalds is not far. There is a Shuttle every half hour to the strip. I did not use this serve because I had a rental but the people I asked stated it was efficient. This hotel is great for families and it has everything you could think of. We didn't bring our children but there were several different events going on in Vegas that involved youth and many stayed here. Considering all Vegas has to offer, the elements of it was not apparent at all at this property. I didn't not feel overwhelmed with the children and with so much to do I hardly noticed them. There is a full movie theater with movies that are current, you can go bowling for free with a movie ticket, pool, spa, big game room, daycare, restaurants, buffets, TGI Fridays, Subways, I could just go on and on, with check in you will receive discounts for some of the restaurants. This hotel has very long hallways so if you don't want to walk far to your room, ask for one close to the elevator. There also is not a long wait for elevators, the elevators are divided by floors so the higher floors have express pass the lower floors. I did not win big but I was able to play for a while and feel like I got my monies worth at the casino. I am not a smoker and the non smoking section for gaming was very small. I was a little disappointed about that because it seems that all the winning was going on in the smoking section. ;). I would stay here again, I've stayed at the Hard Rock and Caesar's in the past but why pay extra on the strip when you can go over there at anytime and experience anything that is going on in that hotel anyway.

Room Tip: This hotel has long hallways so if you do not want to walk far to your room ask for a room closer to...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,011)
Gallup, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

The Orleans has it all. Our 6 year old loved Kids Time. The teens loved the bowling, pool, fitness center and food. The wife loved the spa and beuty salon. Dad loved the reasonable priced gaming. Everyone loved the movie theater.

Another thing I appreciate about The Orleans is the clientele. They are well behaved and respectful for the most part. Lots of families. The table games are great! The dealers are competent and the table minimums are low (5 dollar craps and Blackjack). The drink service was good and the video poker had decent pay tables, even at the bar.

The rooms were great, the room service was awesome as well. The drive to any of the strip casinos is not to bad, especially with GPS technology these days avoiding the high traffic routes. It took us 11 minutes to get to the Quad for the High Roller, and 7 minutes to the Luxor for Criss Angel.

There is a great shuttle that goes to The Gold Coast and Bally's. I went to the Gold Coast for Dinner at The Cortez and it was awesome!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Calumet Park, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

My wife and I have been coming to Vegas for years and before our son was born and until he was about 3 - we would stay at The Gold Coast (another Boyd facility), which we truly enjoyed. When our son turned 3 or so -- we started staying at The Orleans because of Kids Tyme. The staff at Kids Tyme has literally watched our son (who is almost 12) grow up. The Orleans has something for everyone. Of course, there's gambling -- but there's so much more -- bowling, movie theatre, arcade, Kids Tyme, several wonderful eateries, shuttle to and from the strip, etc. The room rates are some of the best in Vegas - and because the hotel is off the strip - it serves as a nice break from the hustle and bustle of the trip. The security and reservations staff at The Orleans are awesome. The rooms are nice, clean -- well worth the rates. The only reason we didn't rate the hotel as Excellent is because the free wifi is located only in their coffee shop. Years ago -- they had an in-house business center which allowed guests to use computers, print their boarding passes, etc. all free of charge -- now these little things are not as convenient. Yet, it is a VERY GOOD place to stay.

Room Tip: Don't select rooms next to elevators as one can hear guest coming/going etc.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

Love the Orleans and would never stay any other place. The Gold Coast is also Great. Best value in Vegas. My Family and I have stayed there so many times I can't keep count. Food is excellent and we love the the Prime Rib Loft the best.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

Its that time of year again! Basketball tournaments, Cheerleading tournaments etc...this is the second time that we stayed here for my oldest BB tournament. .its Off the strip (but very close to everything), and even though kids were everywhere the hotel did a GREAT job at keeping things in order! The room my Family stayed in was really nice updated and clean! Again this hotel is family friendly and the staff were ALL very helpful. .Loved, loved the coupons they gave us at check in!!! Oh and the pools (main pool, kiddie pool and hot tub )pleasantly nice...did not disappoint! We WILL be back next year! Thanks for the good hospitality!!

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Orange, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

My husband and I spent a weekend here. I booked this hotel because we were seeing a Three Dog Night concert in the showroom. The room had been renovated and was very nice. Had a little sitting area with a sofa, table and chair which was nice to relax in as you didn't have to sit on the bed. Desk clerk gave us the option of a higher floor at no extra charge so we had a view. The price of $109 was very reasonable.

There is a FREE shuttle to the strip, which is great because you don't have to fight the traffic. It lets you off and picks you up at Bally's and makes one stop at the Gold Coast. I'd definitely stay here again.

Oh, and the showroom is a great venue for a concert. Not a bad seat in the house.

Room Tip: Ask for an upper floor to get a view.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Oahu, Hawaii
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

We've been coming to the Orleans for the last 14 years or so as they seem to provide a good product for the price, and in this case , the price couldn't be beat as they comped us two nights. We always enjoy the hot tub, especially after a long gaming session, but they removed the foliage shading and it seems with the 100+ degree weather that the heat was especially difficult to handle so we resorted to using this amenity either early morning or in the dusky hours. I was disappointed that they removed the Craps machine. It was a favorite among us low rollers, and I hope they bring it back sometime. Also, for some reason, the noise from the air conditioner was particularly louder than we've noticed in the past. Other than that, we had a great time, even taking advantage of the shuttle service to the strip. The Orleans has always given us a good , fair value. Especially wish to extend thanks to Jonathan and his dice crew because they seem to treat the players with respect which isn't always forthcoming from some of the shifts.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to The Orleans Hotel & Casino? Share your experiences!