“We Love Vegas at The Orleans” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Experience Vegas Special
Ranked #35 of 272 Hotels in Las Vegas
Calumet Park, Illinois
“We Love Vegas at The Orleans”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

My wife and I have been coming to Vegas for years and before our son was born and until he was about 3 - we would stay at The Gold Coast (another Boyd facility), which we truly enjoyed. When our son turned 3 or so -- we started staying at The Orleans because of Kids Tyme. The staff at Kids Tyme has literally watched our son (who is almost 12) grow up. The Orleans has something for everyone. Of course, there's gambling -- but there's so much more -- bowling, movie theatre, arcade, Kids Tyme, several wonderful eateries, shuttle to and from the strip, etc. The room rates are some of the best in Vegas - and because the hotel is off the strip - it serves as a nice break from the hustle and bustle of the trip. The security and reservations staff at The Orleans are awesome. The rooms are nice, clean -- well worth the rates. The only reason we didn't rate the hotel as Excellent is because the free wifi is located only in their coffee shop. Years ago -- they had an in-house business center which allowed guests to use computers, print their boarding passes, etc. all free of charge -- now these little things are not as convenient. Yet, it is a VERY GOOD place to stay.

Room Tip: Don't select rooms next to elevators as one can hear guest coming/going etc.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (942)
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

Love the Orleans and would never stay any other place. The Gold Coast is also Great. Best value in Vegas. My Family and I have stayed there so many times I can't keep count. Food is excellent and we love the the Prime Rib Loft the best.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

Its that time of year again! Basketball tournaments, Cheerleading tournaments etc...this is the second time that we stayed here for my oldest BB tournament. .its Off the strip (but very close to everything), and even though kids were everywhere the hotel did a GREAT job at keeping things in order! The room my Family stayed in was really nice updated and clean! Again this hotel is family friendly and the staff were ALL very helpful. .Loved, loved the coupons they gave us at check in!!! Oh and the pools (main pool, kiddie pool and hot tub )pleasantly nice...did not disappoint! We WILL be back next year! Thanks for the good hospitality!!

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Orange, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

My husband and I spent a weekend here. I booked this hotel because we were seeing a Three Dog Night concert in the showroom. The room had been renovated and was very nice. Had a little sitting area with a sofa, table and chair which was nice to relax in as you didn't have to sit on the bed. Desk clerk gave us the option of a higher floor at no extra charge so we had a view. The price of $109 was very reasonable.

There is a FREE shuttle to the strip, which is great because you don't have to fight the traffic. It lets you off and picks you up at Bally's and makes one stop at the Gold Coast. I'd definitely stay here again.

Oh, and the showroom is a great venue for a concert. Not a bad seat in the house.

Room Tip: Ask for an upper floor to get a view.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Oahu, Hawaii
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

We've been coming to the Orleans for the last 14 years or so as they seem to provide a good product for the price, and in this case , the price couldn't be beat as they comped us two nights. We always enjoy the hot tub, especially after a long gaming session, but they removed the foliage shading and it seems with the 100+ degree weather that the heat was especially difficult to handle so we resorted to using this amenity either early morning or in the dusky hours. I was disappointed that they removed the Craps machine. It was a favorite among us low rollers, and I hope they bring it back sometime. Also, for some reason, the noise from the air conditioner was particularly louder than we've noticed in the past. Other than that, we had a great time, even taking advantage of the shuttle service to the strip. The Orleans has always given us a good , fair value. Especially wish to extend thanks to Jonathan and his dice crew because they seem to treat the players with respect which isn't always forthcoming from some of the shifts.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

We went to this hotel in last week of may 1st week of june with my brother in-law and his wife . Both couple's in mid 50's and early 60's . Very nice hotel easy check in we had seperate room's . Very clean and great staff . No complaint's what so ever we both stayed at 2 different properties while there for 7 day's . 2nd one was the palm's not good . But that is for another review . Room's where very nice and large bed's where comfortable . I hate a to hard bed or a to soft bed . Dont spend your whole time in the casino when here go out and do something . Red rock's is a great place to go hiking and go for the dam tour you'll learn something you never knew . I took $25.00 a day to gamble in different enevolpe's and if I won that day I put it back in . Then next day got new enevolpe . I came back from vegas up by $ 87.00 not much but I look at it like I got to drink their beer for free . I would recommend this place to not dissapoint

Room Tip: End room's away from elevator's is where we stayed . Would recommend that .
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
brooklyn, new york
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

Visited the "Orleans" July 13-18,2014 had a great time as usual, some new things this year $5 movies on Tuesdays, 3 days of giveaways for points. Senior day is great!!!! My favorite slot games are still there, the floor attendants, the waitresses(for drinks) are very nice and attend to your request very quickly. I just have to say the room I stayed in was very clean but is truly showing it's wear and tear wish I was offered the upgrade to a newer room definitely next time. Enjoyed the pool, always get a nice spot for sunning a little and getting some shade. Went to see 3 movies during my stay. The Orleans has a great movie theatre all the new premiers. Shuttle to the strip is great. Buffet is great I enjoy the breakfast most of all lunch and dinner is ok but rather eat at one of the other great restaurants within the hotel. The Orleans always makes me feel safe (security) is always present even before you get on the elevators(THANKS!!!) I could go on and on but "ALL IN ALL I HAD A BALL"

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo

Been to The Orleans Hotel & Casino? Share your experiences!