“Great value” 5 of 5 stars

Experience Vegas Special
Ranked #34 of 272 Hotels in Las Vegas
“Great value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2004

Great value. Large, clean rooms. Not on the strip, but easy access. We stayed two weeks ago and would surely stay here again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (942)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2004

Just got back from the Orleans and everything was great as it has been on my last three visits. I find this hotel clean, friendly, economical and more comfortable to call "home" for a few days than some of the bigger more hectic hotels on the strip.

The restaurants have always had great food, especially Canal Street, and while I'm not a big buffet fan theirs is definitely the best I've been to.

The Orleans' rooms are among the biggest in Vegas and if you ask they are happy to give accomodate any requests you have.

While some people think that being off-strip won't give you an authentic "Vegas experience" I think that the Orleans is big and flashy enough to make you feel like you're in Vegas, not at the Motel 6 in Omaha. The shuttle to the strip is easy to use and free, but I prefer renting a car and using valet parking everywhere I go. When I've chosen to self-park at Orleans I've always found a space close to the door.

I guess you can have a negative experience anywhere, so it's too bad that some posters left the Orleans with bad feelings. However I've never had a single complaint there and will continue to stay there whenever I'm in town.

• Stayed May 2004
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2004

This is a great casino with great rooms. It is off the strip but there is a lot to do and several great restaurants to eat at. There were a lot of locals gambling here which says something about the gaming here.

Utah
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2004

Stayed in Vegas April 9-11th at the Orleans based on previous tripadvisor reviews. It was my first time in Vegas. After walking the strip and casino hopping there, I greatly appreciated the lack of lines and small size of the Orleans. The hotel itself was decent. The room was adequate for the price. The only downsides were 1) the free shuttle line, which always seemed longer than the space available (we just took taxis); and 2) the service was lackluster. Waitresses were slow to bring drinks to the tables and happy, helpful dealers were rare. Just as you found a table where people were having fun, the dealer would go on break. But, on the positive side, there were plenty of $5 and $10 tables all day and night.

New York, NY
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2004

This time around, most of the reviews we read before booking The Orleans, were off the mark. Last week (May 2004), when we arrived at the hotel, the check-in was a breeze and we thought we were off to a good start. To park our car, we had to drive all around the hotel to a multi story lot and take the parking elevator, walk another round about in the casino to get to the hotel elevators! It sure was confusing and absolutely poor design. Before getting to the hotel elevators, we had to show our room cards (keys) - of course for security reasons! On the contrary, we're utterly surprised. Never in our entire travel experience did we encounter such a thing which startled us abit about the security of the hotel! We had an immediate insecure feeling. Got to our room and they were slightly above par - as AAA rated them 3 stars, but we would rate it 2 stars. The decor couldn't be more gaudy, sink was choked and shower knobs wobbly which was about to fall off. The room was a decent size but the furniture and carpeting made it look more of a motel feel. During the 2 nights we were there, the constructions when on till midnight!!! (The hotel is expanding to inculde more "deluxe" rooms - don't bother) Furthermore, way past midnight there were noisy guests talking on the hallway to their rooms and you could hear every word! Such thin paper walls.One bright spot is the great buffet (and cheap!) that the hotel offer. Super spread for the price you pay and the variety was excellent. Then again, you will be seated at coffee-shop style booth which sinks you so low that its hard for you to eat and get up. The staff at the buffet was very helpful and friendly. Overall, the buffet was a plus but the rest of the hotel was not what we expected when we read the reviews and thought the off-strip feeling would be better. We were wrong! We would highly recommend spend a few more bucks and stay at one of the better and nicer hotels on the strip - which we did at the Paris Las Vegas and loved every minute of it!

• Stayed May 2004, traveled on business
California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2004

My husband and I decided to celebrate New Years eve in Las Vegas for the very first time last year. We waited really late (already September) to try and book a reservation and almost everything was already completely booked. We found The Orleans on one of the "Vegas" websites and since we were desperate we decided to try it out even though we didn't know anything about it. Let me tell you. We hit the jackpot with the Orleans. It is a fun place with a beautiful decor and great food. Although we traveled all around the strip and downtown during our stay, we just ended up right back at the Orleans. We really had no reason to leave there. They've got all the latest slots and everything. We loved it so much that we just booked it again for this coming New Years celebration. I would recommend The Orleans to anyone. You just can't go wrong at The Orleans.

• Stayed December 2003
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2004

My husband and I returned to stay at the Orleans for our 1 year wedding anniversary. We stayed here when we got married in May 2003 at the Little Church of the West. Again, the Orleans was great! We were mailed in advance to our 5/10 - 5/14 trip a 'special' for $49 a night for the dates we went! You CAN'T beat that. The casino is HUGE and the Orleans has 9 restaurants, beautiful pool, big gift shop, etc.! And only 5 min. from the strip in our car! The rooms are clean and nice size, bigger than your average hotel room. My only complaint is the way all the guest room doors slam and can be heard in your room, but I have to wear earplugs anyway because of my snoring hubby (he-he) so didn't hear the doors slamming once the earplugs were in! On a score of 1 - 10 (10 being the best) I would give the Orleans a 9 and 1/2 !!! We will definetly stay here when we return for our 2nd year wedding anniversary!

Been to The Orleans Hotel & Casino? Share your experiences!