“Try The Orleans. You won't be disappointed.” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Experience Vegas Special
Ranked #35 of 272 Hotels in Las Vegas
Honolulu, Hawaii
“Try The Orleans. You won't be disappointed.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

We used to stay at Mainstreet but for the last four years our favorite hotel and casino is The Orleans. For years people have been telling me to at least try staying here and I wish I listened to them sooner. What's so good about The Orleans? Well for me I like the location. It's closer to the airport than Downtown. That gives me more time to gamble until the day we gotta head to the airport. Hawaiian Airlines new terminal is so far now that the shorter the drive to the rental car return place the better.
Next there are a lot of Hawaii people who also stay here and for some reason I love shooting craps with Hawaii people.
There are a lot of great places to eat in this hotel. There are also many great places to eat surrounding the hotel. I also gotta mention that this place is very generous about comping a meal based on your play time. Not to mention they always comp our rooms and I don't consider us cronic gamblers. At least I hope not.
I always rent a car cause you know us guys gotta go Trader Joes. Trader Joes is not that far from here and the outdoor swap meet where you can take the kids to checkout the snakes is close too.
My boyfriend and I also love shopping at Harbor Freight and it's right up the street. I'm sure a lot of guys would not say no to going shopping there.
The rooms here are always clean and comfortable. The housekeepers are always so friendly and greet you with a cheerful good morning.
I think once you stay here you will love how the whole staff at The Orleans have that friendly Aloha spirit that we Hawaii people are used to being around.
Try it and I promise you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (942)
Las Vegas, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2013

The rooms are a nice size and very comfortable. The daily resort fee is $10 in comparison to most other Vegas hotels that charge $20. Room prices are very reasonable but you have to realize that the Orleans is not on the Strip and is not within walking distance of anything else. If you're budget conscious and have your own transportation it's a nice place to stay. This is a full service hotel that has a variety of dining options for people that don't want to leave the property.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Clio, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2013

The check in was very long but once we got our key and went to the room it was worth the wait. The room was clean, spacious, and beautifully decorated. The bathroom was clean and the shower had good water pressure. We did not have a problem with hearing others in neighboring rooms, which is always a huge plus! The casino was nice and my fiancé likes the sports betting area. The shuttle comes often to transport you to the stip. We preferred staying a little ways from all the commotion and would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2013

We arrived at the hotel on Sunday the 24th. of November. we got there driving by car from Los Angeles, we stayed 3 days, as we planed we visit the movie in the hotel, with 2 young kids its a perfect setting to have in the hotel and convenience. the desk service was fast and we got our room #396 on the 3rd. floor in no time. the room was clean and as always nice. I get free rooms from the hotel as a club member. Again I can't find more thanks to Wendy Flores and the Hotel staff and the good time they provide to my family.

Room Tip: Just ask the desk person, they will help you with the best they can.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2013

Not my first time staying here, which means I like it. My room is always clean, large and quiet. Whenever I see any of the housekeeping staff they always greet me with a smile, say hello and do whatever is possible to grant my wishes; extra coffee etc. Off the strip but shuttle service is great if you want to go to strip. The casino staff is knowledgeable, friendly, and sometimes funny. I would recommend playing any slot or video poker tournaments you can, extremely great group of people that run them. In over 20 years of vegas trips I found my luckiest casino. You could spend more money to stay at newer and fancier places but they will not pay anywhere near as nice.

Room Tip: I smoke and have always been on 17th floor pool view rooms seemed noisier than strip view.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
New Boston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2013

Stay at The Orleans twice a year (June and November), usually for two-four days. Plenty to do at the casino besides just gaming (which they have a great selection of)---movies, live entertainment, etc. The casino location is just off the strip---nice, no traffic, but if you want, you are close enough to see the zoo if you decide to go. The rooms are large and clean, the eating establishments are excellent and varied, the staff members are helpful, friendly and knowledge. The Orleans is a great stay, especially if you like a one stop-shop (once you get there, you don't leave), this is it. Be sure to get a casino club card--it's worth it.

Room Tip: South side is quieter, so you can get close to the elevator for quicker access to the main floor
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Nashua, New Hampshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2013 via mobile

My room, as always, was clean and quiet but I noticed the couch was heavily stained (room 1926) and there were a few dings I the wallpaper here and there but otherwise this is a great place to stay, one of my favorites. I always have a rental car so the fact it is a couple mikes West from the strip isn't a problem.

This is the luckiest casino for me too!

Great restaurants but I never have been happy with the buffet and frequently hear complaints about it from my meeting attendees so that should be avoided. Otherwise the restaurants are excellent.

I will be booking my next two week visit in March soon.

Stayed December 2013, traveled solo

Been to The Orleans Hotel & Casino? Share your experiences!