“The Orleans is Vegas' Best!!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Summer Vegas Fun Special
Ranked #26 of 274 hotels in Las Vegas
A TripAdvisor Member
“The Orleans is Vegas' Best!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2004

Returned Saturday 4-10-04 from a week's stay at The Orleans...as former NYNY regulars, we would never chose any other hotel/casino in Vegas to call our home base. Heated pool opened 4-1 with beautiful landscape, a fence accessible with room key, plenty of quiet sunshine and moderate breezes. Room was perfect-none of the plumbing/noise/supply issues sometimes discovered in other propoerties. Check in smooth and friendly. Casino floor roomy and inviting we won some and lost some here. The Orleans is well worth the shuttle ride back to the strip-its atmosphere appeals to your sense of excitement yet remains inviting in a comfortable sort of way. Employees are wonderful, food is fantastic (especially Don Miguel's) and we will definately be back. Believe what you read here.. The Strip was overcrowded with kids and families on spring break and we literally were able to spend most of our time at The Orleans and avoided the chaos of Las VEgas Blvd. Even the "Rockabilly" crowd was well-behaved and created less intensity than our single walk to see the fountians at Bellagio. The 24-hour coffee shop is a keeper and overall visit left my husband and I feeling as if we spent our Spring Break in the best location in Las Vegas. No regrets and can't wait to return!!

4,092 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (820)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2004

April 11 .... Just got back from the Orleans. The staff was friendly, the heated pools are open, the hotel is clean and the food is good and reasonable (cheap). The shuttles to the Strip run every 15 minutes. I wouldn't stay anywhere else!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2004

Just got back from a stay at the Orleans ending 4/2 and I must say everything was great. The room was large, clean, and from the 11th floor we could see the entire strip from the Luxor to the Stratosphere.
Check-in was a breeze...no haggling or $20 deals needed. Everybody was friendly,and getting extra pillows sent to room only took about 10 mins. The king size bed was comfy, water pressure was great to shower and toilet...no probs there. You can't get a better room for the price.
Be warned, there is construction going on, and the pool and spa are closed, but I wasn't there for that anyway. Our room was down the hall from where the work was going on and we couldn't hear a thing unless we were walking near the elevators. The hotel has many types of restaurants to choose from with good reasonably priced items (including a full breakfast for .99 and strip steak and eggs for 1.99 after midnite!!). There is a free shuttle to take you to the strip (it goes to the Barbary Coast) about every 30 mins. We used this every day as it puts you in the middle of a lot of activity ( near Caesar's,Bally's, Mirage, Imp. Palace,etc.) About the only negative thing about the Orleans is the comp system which rewards you only on your winnings, not time or money played. It needs a system like the Tropicana where after only about 3 hrs. of play you'll end up with 2 t-shirts,2 tix to a great magic show, 2 tix to the Follies Bergere, cash in hand, discounts on their buffet, and a check to spend at any bar or food place in the hotel! We did do some gambling at the Orleans simply out of convience sake (when very late at nite) it was just the thing when almost sleepy enough to go to bed. All in all, iI would come back here in a heartbeat, the price, value, and quality make it more than worthwhile!!!

• Stayed April 2004
Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2004

Add me to the long list of satisfied Orleans customers. I was there from 3/28 - 4/02 this year and had stayed there in January of 2003. I really enjoy having a spacious comfortable room that doesnt have that motel room feel. It was really clean, housekeeping does an awesome job every day! I find the beds really comfortable and love being able to open the little window in the bathtub. The buffet was really very good and so was the food in the coffee shop. Everyone is always very friendly and helpful. Was dissappointed that the pool and spa area didnt open until April 1st, our last full day there, but it looks great after all the work has been done and they did inform me that it wouldnt be open until April 1st when I made the reservations. I also have mixed feelings about the construction, more people will discover what I have felt for the last year, that The Orleans is quite a treasure to be found in Las Vegas....especially for the price. I would reccomend to anyone that they try staying there just once, even if they think the strip is the only place to stay! I think theyll change their minds!

• Stayed March 2004
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2004

Our stay was from Sunday, 3/21 thru Thursday, 3/26. The 18th floor room was wonderful: clean, spacious. Loved the view of Las Vegas through the etched glass window in the tub area. We liked it so much we never went to the Strip. This was our fifth trip to Las Vegas, and the best ever.
The 'perks', which included the buffet, were terrific, the slots were loose, and my wife remarked that we'll definitely do the 'Orleans' again. Bravo!!!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2004

After reading many reviews here on Trip Advisor, I decided to stay at The Orleans from March 23 to 27. I checked out the rates on different travel web sites then called the hotel directly to make my arrangements. I arrived Tuesday at noon and checked in very quickly. My room was on the 16 th floor facing the mountains and was large and spotless. During my stay I found the staff to be very helpful and courteous. I went to the French Market Buffet for dinner a couple of times, the meal was a bargain at $ 11.95 .. I found the casino staff friendly as well. The Off Strip location was not a problem as I had a rental car. The Orleans is a great hotel for the money, I would stay there again on my next trip to Las Vegas..

4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2004

This is a great hotel for the price ($56 on Travelocity). We were in Vegas with our kids this time for their spring break vacation.
Unfortunately, the pool was closed for repairs (will not reopen for at least 3 more weeks). We were shuttled to the Gold Coast for swimming.
The pool was small and the landscape fountain pumps were making a loud grinding noise.....so not very relaxing for resting or reading. By the middle of April the new pool at the Orleans will be open and it looks very nice. The price for the food at the buffet was fair but the food was only average. The beds were very comfortable (my husband did not end up sleeping on the floor as he usually does when we travel).

Been to The Orleans Hotel & Casino? Share your experiences!