“Adored The Orleans Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Summer Vegas Fun Special
Ranked #26 of 274 hotels in Las Vegas
A TripAdvisor Member
“Adored The Orleans Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2004

Lovely hotel room, friendly feeling throughout, precious little window in the bathroom for fresh air, great view of the strip, great soft decor. Friendly check-in staff. I will go back for sure.

4,092 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (820)
Battle Creek Mi.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2004

I've stayed at other hotels in Vegas and was not impressed. My next trip tp Vegas I'm staying at the Orleans, great food, great time!

San Diego, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2004

If you plan on sleeping, go elsewhere!!! By far the most uncomfortable bed....the mattress is only 3-4 inches thick. Too far from the strip for my liking. And the valets here are out of control!!! (I would self park if you value your car!!) I was almost run over by one of them! The restaurants were alright... Definitely use the coupons!! Surprisingly, one thing that was good was the market/liquer store. Well stocked and reasonably priced.

warminster pa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2004

We stayed at the Orleans from Jan. 16th until the 20th. This is the second time I have used Trip Advisors recommendations and once again I was not disappointed. The rooms are beautiful and roomy. The casino is never overly crowded and "WOW" 50 cent Roulette tables and penny slots.
I can't say I ever seen that in Atlantic City. Although the hotel is about a mile or less from the strip, there is a shuttle that comes about every 15 minutes or so that takes you to their sister casino, the Barbary Coast (center strip) which is convenient to everything. The restaurants were good and my White Russian drink was $2.50 compared to the strip where it was $8.50. Orleans is such a bargain, I would never think to stay anywhere else.

• Stayed January 2005
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2004

We stayed at The Orleans on December 26. The rate was very reasonable for a Friday night (70.00). The bed was very uncomfortable, but it was the cleanest room I have ever seen. So many times hotel rooms have mold somewhere in the bathroom, however, this bathroom was very clean. There was 3 adults in our room and it was very spacious. We would stay there again!!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2004

Stayed at the hotel from Thurs-Mon and got a good price through trip reservations. The room was spacious and pretty clean with a large bathroom. Hairdryer, toiletries included. I did not however, like the layout of the floor leading into the rooms (when you get off the elevator). We had a room all the way at the end of the hallway and it felt like we were walking a mile before we got there. If you are handicapped, or "physically challenged", make sure you request a room closest to the elevator. The crowd in this hotel/casino is pretty middle of the road people plus freaks (it's not at all a great place for young singles). Overall it seemed pretty mixed, not pretentious-just down to earth. I did not find the casino floor here any more smoke filled than other casinos. Some of the reviewers commented on that issue but I have asthma and was not bothered by it. My hotel room smelled clean and fresh-no smoke there. I was happy with the cocktail waitresses-they asked frequently if we wanted drinks-that was cool. I LOVED the sushi restaurant-(Koji's) even though it was SO overpriced. But if you go there get "Sex on a roll". It was KILLER!!!! My boyfriend ate at Don Miguels (Mexican) and he said it was pretty average. I had a Margarita there (3.75) but chips and salsa were extra. The Courtyard Cafe offered some decent breakfast which was reasonable. DON'T, DO NOT eat at Sazio's. It is equivalent to Olive Garden with infinitely worse service. We walked in without knowing how bad the quality of the food was going to be. We ordered a salad first. We also ordered drinks (average at best) The drinks came but the salad didnt and neither did any bread. We got our entrees but the waitress didnt deliver them. We told the guy who gave us our food about not getting our salad and he said he'd take it off the bill. The waitress didnt come by until AFTER we were done eating and said "You didnt get your salad?" She was clueless and inattentive. I was hoping the food would make up for the poor service. The food was atrocious. Barilla dried pasta (or its equivalent) with DRIED basil mixed in the sauce and NO fresh parmesan cheese. This is a DISASTER for Italian restaurants that are more expensive than average. My dish was not "Affordable" like they say about the restaurant, and at 13.50 for pasta-it should be fresh pasta with fresh basil, and they should ask me if I want parmesan cheese grated on top. Instead, they had Kraft Parmesan cheese sitting on the table which was meant for the pizza. I don't know who Gustav Mauler is, but he is "supposed" to be the "Master Chef" of the restaurant. No Master chef would serve the crap we ate. Aside form the food I think that if you want to stay at a reasonable hotel that is off the strip this is a good place to go. They also have a shuttle to go to/from their other 2 casinos (none to the airport). It was also close to the strip. I don't think I would stay there again b/c I want to check out other hotels-but I definitely recommend it if you don't want to be around the insanity of the strip.

Duluth
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2004

I have stayed at the Orleans many times and I have always had a great experience there. Every time I go, they have made some type of improvement or addition to the place. In my opinion you get the cleanest and probably the best room in Vegas for the price. I complement their employees, as they really know what customer service is. The have the best buffet in Vegas for the price in my opinion to.

Been to The Orleans Hotel & Casino? Share your experiences!