“Spacious room, great value for money” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Summer Vegas Fun Special
Ranked #26 of 274 hotels in Las Vegas
Nikau
“Spacious room, great value for money”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

I'm not overly familiar with Las Vegas and was a little wary about booking into an 'off-Strip' hotel, but the proximity to family and price ($36/night) convinced me to give the Orleans a whirl for 4 nights. Fantastic choice. The decor is a little tired (lots of fleur de lis' and brass bedsteads) but I slept sooo well in my far-from-the-elevator room, and was delighted with the space. Not only two queen beds but a sofa, armchair, coffee table and desk.

At the price I paid I expected no extras and received none. Internet access was an additional $7.99 for 24 hrs for the 'slow' version - which was fine for my needs. Free wi-fi is available in the coffee shop downstairs though. My one room service meal from the extensive menu was quite good and very reasonably priced - they didn't burn you with exorbitant surcharges. TV channel selection wasn't superb - no HBO or other premium channels. The casino itself was cavernous and old-style. Quite fun - I loved the oysters at Big Al's and the breakfast buffet was actually very good for considerably cheaper than at other venues.

Did I miss the Strip action? Not at all. Here's what I discovered about LV: There's ample free parking at all casinos on the Strip and Fremont. Inebriated driving is severely frowned upon, however, so make use of the free shuttle from the Orleans if that's going to be an issue. Access into the Orleans was extremely straightforward - no negotiating heavy Strip traffic unless I chose to. And I was glad to have a rental car to pick up supplies at Albertsons down the road and hit the Red Rock Canyon.

I highly recommend dropping less than $50 a night to stay at the Orleans and saving those pennies for other LV pursuits ...

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

4,091 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (820)
Southampton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

Just returned from our second time staying at The Orleans. Can't fault it. Close enough to the strip (free shuttle or a ten dollar taxi) and staffed by the friendliest people you ever wished to meet. Personal favourites are Ricky the pit boss, Michelle the bingo addict dealer and Erica who serves the best vodka and cranberry juices ever. Eaten in most of the eateries on offer and never had a bad meal. Comps are good, and close enough to the Irish pub for those people who want to catch the English football games. Can't wait to go back and will be looking to stay at The Orleans again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Albany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

After spending 2 nights at Paris, I moved to the Orleans for an additional 4 nights. I find off-strip properties such as the Orleans provide better service, cheaper food and rooms and better gambling odds.
I checked in around 10pm on Friday night and I must have gotten too much sun while hiking around Red Rock canyon most of the day because I fell asleep right away so I did not do any gambling on Friday night.
The rooms at the Orleans are larger than most basic strip hotel rooms. They include a separate sitting area with a couch, coffee table and chair. The beds are very comfortable and the bath rooms are much larger than average and also provide a small window that opens to allow fresh air in. They include a standard shower/tub combination.
I attended Dana Carvey performance on Saturday night. I didn’t think he was anything special. I hit the blackjack tables after the show and playing between $15 - $30 a hand, I won $500 although it took 5 hours to do it. The dealers at the Orleans are always very friendly to everyone. They make $5 bettors feel as welcome as $25 bettors and are very helpful to new players.
On Sunday it Super Bowl party time. They had several parties throughout the casino and all had great drink specials and specials on your usual bar-type foods. I ended up winning $205 altogether but lost $300 at the tables before the night was over. I did have a once-in-a-lifetime experience while playing video poker at the bar. I was playing Deuces Wild and after holding 3 2’s, I got the 4th deuce for $250. On the very next hand, I was dealt 4 Deuces for another $250. I played for several more hours and received great drink service without losing any of the $500 I won.
Monday night I attended a Wranglers hockey game that is right at the Orleans arena. This is a great way to enjoy a night for $25. I had great seats and enjoyed the game.
The Orleans has some very good and affordable restaurants. I always go to the Mexican restaurant every trip for shrimp fajitas. For $15 you get more food than you can eat and I love the fresh chips and dips provided at the table. Al’s Oyster Bar is also a super place for a great lunch. I had the jambalaya and for a lunch portion it was very large but lots of flavor. They will adjust the spice level to each individual.
The coffee shop is above average and scores points with me for its late night specials. I tried the steak and eggs for $4.99 and it was excellent.
They also have a T.G.I. Fridays, Fuddruckers and Sbarro for cheap eats. I have had the buffet on a couple different visits and to me it is nothing special so I choose to skip it this trip.
The Orleans is about a mile off the strip behind New York – New York but there are shuttle buses that come by every 20 minutes to take you to Bally’s on the strip and if you rent a car, it is only a few minutes ride.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Sparks, Nevada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

My son and I went to the Orleans for dinner at the TGI Fridays. In the middle of our dinner, a very alarm started to sound off and an automated voice came over the speakers saying that the source of the alarm is being investigated and they will notify us once it has been identified. The alarm and the automated vvoice kept repeating for over 5 minutes straight. It was very loud. I was told by someone at the casino that this has been happening at least twice a night for over 2 weeks now for no good reason and it goes through the entire building. I dont think that is something I would appreciate while trying to sleep in my room considering this was around 10:30 at night. The alarm finally stopped, but no one ever went on the speakers to tell everyone what the cause of the alarm was. It was un-nerving.

Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Warren, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

I've stayed here 4 times! It might not be modern, but we are in it on average about 5 hours a day! Great price on room, wonderful choices for meals plus so many things to do. You can go bowling, visit the movie theater or swim, just to mention a few. The room is large, clean and has a comfortable bed. Have to say the maids do an excellent job! We also enjoy the free shuttle to Ballys and the strip. The last night we were there our shuttle driver was serenading us. Had a great time!! We will definitely stay again!!!! The only thing I can suggest is to update bathroom fixtures. Our sink did not have a working plug.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 10th floor. If you are on 9th or 10th the elevator ride is quick. We had new carpe...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
katwes84
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013 via mobile

We loved it our first time and when we go back we will stay here! Not stuck up and very laid back ! Look for the dealer Beaver... He's awesome! We cannot wait to go back . Food is great! Booze is great ! Poker and tables and slots are great

• Stayed February 2013
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013 via mobile

I checked in and they informed me that the room that I reserved (2 queen beds ) was not available. I insisted because I needed the extra bed. They moved me to a handicap accessible room with a view of a concrete wall. The linens had hair & eyelashes all over pillows & sheets, obviously they did not change sheets, sink had foul odor. Needeless to say, first & last visit to the orleans.

• Stayed January 2013
Sarah S, Boyd Gaming Customer Service at The Orleans Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
We are sorry to hear that your recent visit to The Orleans was disappointing. There are times when we cannot accommodate every request that our guests have; we only have so many rooms with 2 Queen beds and when a large event is in-house bed types can become an issue. We apologize that your room had issues, we will review those problems with our Executive Housekeeper so that changes can be made to prevent a similar problem from recurring. We appreciate your feedback and hope you will return.

Been to The Orleans Hotel & Casino? Share your experiences!