“Off the strip but well worth it!” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Experience Vegas Special
Ranked #36 of 272 Hotels in Las Vegas
Surprise, Arizona
“Off the strip but well worth it!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

This hotel was recommended to us and I was leary due to it being off the strip. However, the rooms were spacious, the hotel had several restaurants and ongoing shuttle service to the strip. The shuttle service ran well into the evening so we were able to go to a show using this service and no hassle of parking or navigating traffic. The location was also quiet. Loved it.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (944)
Henderson, Nevada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Normally I do not write reviews but, for The Orleans, I have made an exception.
First, let me say that I am a local. I purchased show tickets for a show at The Orleans and because I prefer not to drive at night, I decided to book a room, out of convenience.
The show was 8p. I arrived at 3p. I knew there were no frills when I had to lug my own suitcase out of my trunk and wheel into the hotel.
After being in my room for approximately five minutes I knew I would not be staying the night.
I decided to wait until showtime and then check-out after the show.
Okay, here's what I found disturbing about the room:
The muck, corrosion or whatever it was on the shower head stood up to my lysol and won. No way was I letting water touch me that passed through that disgusting fixture. UGH!
The tub drain did not look much better.
I drapped the toilet seat with toilet paper to use it.
Not even a reasonable facimile of a soap dish near the sink.
A very unpleasant odor eminated from the sink. Lysol couldn't help that. It was the pipes. UGH!
There was no closet, per se, there was merely a pole off to the side of the smelly sink.
Now, some may have requested a different room. I was so traumatized that I felt that would be similar to changing seats on the Titanic.
So, the show is over and it was great by the way, Kenneth "Babyface" Edmunds. I go to the room gather my suitcase and stand on line to check-out, six to seven hours after I checked in.
Kaitlin, the girl at the desk, said oh you're to check out tomorrow. Well we will be removing the incidental hold and you are all set, good to go.
So, I paid for night, although I did not stay. Not only was I not asked why I was checking out early, she never even asked about my stay, period. Way to go Kaitlin! Perhaps she already knew and did not want to hear about the hotel that employs her.
I could not wait to get out of there and go home!
I will never stay at The Orleans again, nor will I suggest it to anyone I know.
Fortunately, I was able to avert a group considering a stay there.
I've seen several positive reviews for this hotel. I say, to each his own.

Dyane J.
Henderson, NV

Room Tip: Don't choose this hotel.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Sarah S, Boyd Gaming Customer Service at The Orleans Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
We always appreciate our guest's feedback, in your case it sounds like our sincere apologies will not be enough. We are so sorry that we did not meet your expectations and that you had such poor service here at The Orleans. Management always strives to improve and learn from our mistakes, we would really appreciate the chance to discuss your experience. Kindly contact our Hotel Director so that we can attempt to make your situation right. We hope to hear from you soon. Thank You.
Waukegan, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Staying at the Orleans is a great place to stay. It has everything gambling, shows, restaurants, a pool, great snacks shops and bowling. the rooms are very clean and great views of the mountains.
There is a liquor store in the hotel that is not expensive a great way to buy some liquor for the hotel room. Very cute English pub.

Room Tip: Stay up high and ask for a view of the mountains
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Apple Valley, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

We go to Las Vegas a lot because we live so close. A lot of the Glitz and Glamour has kind of worn off for us but we still love to go and spend time there. We stumbled onto the Orleans one weekend when we decided that State Line was disgusting! I made the reservation on the road from state line to vegas...great reservation line, quick check in, amazing valet and bell men! We love the down home feeling. Mind you we are not really fancy people..if you want really lavish surroundings, fancy rooms and high end then this is not your kind of place. If you want off the strip, easy to get into and out of, friendly staff, big casino, good food, great pool (not the kind full of hard body perfect people) and clean comfortable rooms than try the Orleans. I love that there is no traffic trying to drive in and around the hotel and they have a free shuttle to the strip! Hope this helps!

Room Tip: The west and north facing rooms have a view of the lights of the strip. So far we have not had a bad...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
algersewebba
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Just a quick few review of our recent stay at the Orleans casino & hotel. Arrived on the 21st December 2012. Valet & Bell staff were excellent. A very quick service at the checking in desk, very polite and professional. Not to far to walk to our room.
We had a great view of the strip from our room (not impressed with the resort charge as most of the facilities were unavailable). Great cinema and bowling areas. Lots of kids around so if you have children this hotel would be recommended.
Some very good restaurants here also some fast food joints. Coffee shop good with free internet access. Room was clean and maintained well by the staff during our 11 night stay. Cheap off licence (well by UK standards).
My only downer on this hotel was the reward point system they have in place. They encourage you to sign up but do not give you full details regarding PIN numbers and benifits etc. This proved to be a pain for me so i didnt even bother using it. Which in return meant i was not bothered if i gambled there or not.
They have a great poker room here, with well run tournys and plenty of cash games, lots of locals play so it must be good. The friday game had over 300 runners.
All in all a good value hotel. Would highly recommend to others.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
latrobe
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

The Orleans Hotel and Casino is a good deal. Was pleasantly surprised at this older facility. The rates are less than The Strip or Fremont Street with weekday rates being surprisingly inexpensive. The rooms are nice, clean and well maintained with no appearances of wear. The staff all speak English well. It's almost a straight shot from the airport over the I-15 corridor and connects to The Strip via a shuttle. If one just goes to gamble it has all the games. It has shows and 12 or so places to eat. Orleans has many kinds of eating from seafood to subs, prime rib to tacos. As I found all over Vegas, food is no longer cheap. Some specials are good but generally the whole area runs about 10% to 25% more than prices at home. It's a family place and kids all looked very happy. Although it was business for me the spouse went to recon the area for the next time.

Room Tip: All rooms are set away from activities and well insulated from noise.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
La Mirada, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

My husband and I and two friends stayed at The Orleans January 11, 12, came home 13, 2013. Our stay was just excellent. Our friends were in a slot tournament which was so fun to watch. Actually our friend won 1st place - $8,000.00!!!!! Anyway, not enough can be said about our experience. Our room was nice and clean, high floor, facing the strip which we love. The check in was delightful, the valet was johnny on the spot. We play slots and had a ball. The drink service was perfect and drinks delivered in timely manner. We ate at the coffee shop and the food was first class. The service was good too! We will be going back sometime in March 2013 to stay again and can hardly wait! See you soon Orleans!!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends

Been to The Orleans Hotel & Casino? Share your experiences!