“Great place to stay with children” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Summer Vegas Fun Special
Ranked #24 of 274 hotels in Las Vegas
Roseville, CA
“Great place to stay with children”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

The hotel is nice. Our room was dated but clean. The beds were surprisingly very comfortable. The hotel has an 18 theater movie complex and large bowling alley on the premises. It has a large arcade for the kids. There is a kid’s club (child care) center for children. You can use up to 5 hours a day at $7 per hour. They have a few large climbing structures that are to be used by age group, which is good for smaller children. They have different types of video systems set up on TV’s and several arcade games that are free of charge. Our 9 year old used it for about 2 hours and had fun and met new friends. The kids club has a snack bar in which they sell snacks, drinks and mini corn dogs. The hotel buffet was very good and reasonably priced. We had the breakfast buffet 2 times before we left for the day. Overall I would have to say the hotel was pretty good and was very reasonably priced. It is the first time we stayed off of the strip and I would do it again while traveling with kids. The downside was the area around the hotel is surrounded by Adult Clubs.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

4,091 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (820)
Hilo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

Arrived early & checked-in....got our rooms! Your staff @ front desk, housekeeping, casino staff, cage cashiers (very polite, friendly, & warm), bell desk, valet, and most especially your
Casino Hosts. The Executive Casino Host (sorry did not get his name) greeted me so warmly at the office. I would like to commend Sara, most especially, for her expertise, speediness, & graciousness during our stay(s) at the Orleans. Your amenities (room comp, food credit,
discounts at various eateries, etc.,) are great! All in all, you have "outstanding" employees!
Looking forward to our next visit next year! ALOHA!

Room Tip: The Orleans is a large hotel. Therefore, I would recommend senior citizens to ask for a room which...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Tijuana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

Well, once again at The Orleans. I know I should be staying some place else, but as long as this place keeps on delivering, well, where else can I go!.
First, I took advantage of a free two night stay, with food credit, and what can I say, free, and quality?, that's a combination you can't pass up. Got there early, way to early, say at 7 in the morning!, left our bags at the bell room and had breakfast at the buffet. after that I decided to try to register, what could I loose. To my surprise, even at 8 in the morning, the staff at the registration counter where anxious to please, and registered me in a jiffy, and told me I could go right away to my room, wow!, at 8 in the morning?, when check in is at 2?, now that made me feel special!!.
The room was what I've come to expect of The Orleans, clean, basic, nothing fancy but in a good way. After a shower and some rest ( I drove all night), we hit the casino while the kids went to the pool and the bowling alleys. As always, great time, great fun, I know it all about luck but it seems I always have better luck here than any other place ( well with the exception of Sam's Town). Had dinner at Prime Rib Loft. It was great! and a good value. my kids wanted to go to the food court, they all had what they pleased.
After a full day of gambling and going out shopping, got back and went to Brendan's Pub, It was a great time there, got to know lots of great people, made new friends there!, very friendly place to.
Next morning had breakfast at the buffet.
All in all, the place is getting better. A few years ago I was sadly surprised when after Mr. Gaugan got out of the place, It felt as if they didn't care any more, but after some time, it's gotten a lot better, I can even say it's almost as greatv as it once was, the only sad thing is that it de themed a bit and they haven't re-themed , the only reminder are the alligators at one of the entrances. I hope they get around to capturing the old spirit.
The place delivers on service, value, cleanliness. The word is service, service, service!!!, they are friendly too. Next time I'll be there on business. I hope they get rid of the resort fee.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Manchester, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

We love staying at the Orleans - Originally we always stayed at the Stardust, but this has been a great replacement. The rooms are very nice - large, bathroom is separated by a slide door - internet service - towels are thick and fluffy (I always compare towels wherever we stay). You have numerous choices of eating places. We love to play video poker and there are many choices of full-pay machines. There is anything that you may want to eat, movie theaters, bowling - it is just a great destination place to stay.

Room Tip: any room we have had at the Orleans has been perfect - clean, large, great fluffy towels, internet a...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Madison, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

We returned to the Orleans on our last trip to Vegas in early November. To our delight, the pool was still open for the season and kept at a nice warm temperature. Front desk, Housekeeping and restaurant staff all very friendly and accomodating. Not so much with the casino staff, but it didn't damper our experience. Rooms were clean and well stocked with amenities daily. Beds were comfortable and we enjoyed our stay once again. Would definately return and recommend to others who are looking for a nice place at a good price.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Santa Clara, Utah, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

We have been staying at The Orleans Hotel for years now simply because of these reasons:
It is off the strip and less traffic
The rooms are spacious and comfortable with sitting area, desk for computer, nice views
Several choices of eating places within the hotel (all excellent)
Movie theaters upstairs
Bowling allies upstairs
Fitness room (well equipped and clean)
Great pools
Nice gift shop
Show rooms for entertainment
Covered parking as well as outdoor parking (all free)
We do not gamble or use the bars so that is NOT why we stay at The Orleans. We stay simply because of it's location, comfort and amenities. One does not even have to leave the hotel for plenty of entertainment.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Spokane, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

Five years in a row, five outstanding visits. We travel to Vegas, the first weekend in March every year, to watch the West Coast Conference Tournament, at the Orleans Arena. We stay exclusively at the Orleans. First out of convenience, because of the tournament location, but now for the excellence of the hotel. Our trip gets better each year, having the Orleans as our anchor hotel. Friendly staff, excellent food choices, and impressive casino. If you want to save some $$, and get away from the strip, stay at the Orleans.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends

Been to The Orleans Hotel & Casino? Share your experiences!