“Great choice off the strip” 4 of 5 stars

Spring Break Special
Ranked #36 of 271 Hotels in Las Vegas
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Madison, Wisconsin
“Great choice off the strip”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

We returned to the Orleans on our last trip to Vegas in early November. To our delight, the pool was still open for the season and kept at a nice warm temperature. Front desk, Housekeeping and restaurant staff all very friendly and accomodating. Not so much with the casino staff, but it didn't damper our experience. Rooms were clean and well stocked with amenities daily. Beds were comfortable and we enjoyed our stay once again. Would definately return and recommend to others who are looking for a nice place at a good price.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (961)
Santa Clara, Utah, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

We have been staying at The Orleans Hotel for years now simply because of these reasons:
It is off the strip and less traffic
The rooms are spacious and comfortable with sitting area, desk for computer, nice views
Several choices of eating places within the hotel (all excellent)
Movie theaters upstairs
Bowling allies upstairs
Fitness room (well equipped and clean)
Great pools
Nice gift shop
Show rooms for entertainment
Covered parking as well as outdoor parking (all free)
We do not gamble or use the bars so that is NOT why we stay at The Orleans. We stay simply because of it's location, comfort and amenities. One does not even have to leave the hotel for plenty of entertainment.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Spokane, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

Five years in a row, five outstanding visits. We travel to Vegas, the first weekend in March every year, to watch the West Coast Conference Tournament, at the Orleans Arena. We stay exclusively at the Orleans. First out of convenience, because of the tournament location, but now for the excellence of the hotel. Our trip gets better each year, having the Orleans as our anchor hotel. Friendly staff, excellent food choices, and impressive casino. If you want to save some $$, and get away from the strip, stay at the Orleans.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Mountain View, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

Staff is really kind and knows how to take care of you. Rooms are a bit dated - the carpets can really use replacing - but they are adequate and comfortable. The restaurants are pretty good, especially Prime Rib Loft and Canal Street. Buffet is great for breakfast. The noodles at the Asian restaurant are great as well. Lots of things for kids to do as well - bowling alley, movie theater, arcade.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

Dates: 11/21 to 11/25/12
Background: Senior Woman, Solo Trip, 30+ trips to Vegas.

I am not a foodie and basically play slots non-stop and donate my money.

Shuttle from Airport to the Orleans:
(Cost $9 to off strip casinos one way). 8 of us got on the shuttle at the same time. I assumed we would be waiting until the shuttle filled up, but the driver left right away. This was the Showtime Shuttle.

I stayed my last 3 nights at the Flamingo in a “Go Room” which was beautiful, great view. I was missing the Orleans immediately. The Flamingo was great but everything on the strip is over-priced.

Room:
I arrived around 2 pm and my room was ready. I had room 1769 with a view of the mountains. The room was spotless and I like the décor because it has calming colors. The room is not fancy but has a flat screen TV, coffee maker which is a plus.

Hallway: It is time to clean or replace the carpet near the elevators. No big deal to me, but I do think it is about time. The carpets are getting worn.

Food:
I ate mainly at the buffet which was good. I usually had breakfast which was free using my slot points or $4.99 with a player’s card. I would just have coffee, a made to order omelet, tons of bacon, fresh fruit and hash browns. You can’t beat the price. I ate at the lunch and dinner buffet which is cheap and always has a few carving meat stations.

The Orleans’ free Shuttle to strip: I took the shuttle to the strip each day to play slots. I also took the shuttle to Bill’s and walked over to the Flamingo which is next door when I changed hotels.

Most nights I ate at Fuddruckers or subway at the food court.

WIFI – you can use wifi at the coffee shop next to the check in desk.

My favorite Hotel is the Orleans because you don’t feel like a number and don’t feel like you are being ripped off.

The casino was packed during the Thanksgiving Holiday.

Hints & Tips:
Fuddruckers: I always order the kid meal which comes with a cookie. It is enough food for me.
Cheap Store: There is terrible gas station across the street for cheap cig and snacks. Exit the door near the buffet.
Boarding Pass: I checked at SW using my cell phone and printed boarding pass at airport.
Late check out: I requested a late check out and was granted one for 1 pm. After that they charge, but I don’t know how much.

Room Tip: Choose a high floor and ask for a strip view
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Riverside, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

We've been to Vegas a number of times and this was our first stay at The Orleans. The reason for driving there for our 2 weekday-night stay was to meet relatives who were flying in from Florida. They had accommodations at the Paris but we chose to stay off the Strip like we always do and meet up with them somewhere.
Our reservation was for the $35/night rooms (get the B-Connected card). We were given one on the 19th floor (1906) that was quite a ways from the elevator.
The room was nicer than I had expected to get for $35. It was a large room with a king size bed w/ two night stands,desk,dresser and a flat screen TV. Additionally, there was a small couch, coffee table and an upholstered chair. Coffee and a safe were available at no extra charge. No free refrigerator or internet access but they are available as an extra. Bathroom was decent size. I especially appreciated that the shower head was up higher than you usually find. From our window we could see The Strip. The sound of the under-window A/C unit made it a little difficult to fall asleep the first night. There was only one fan speed. The second night we discovered you can open the small window in the bathroom. So we tried that. It worked well enough we didn't have to run the A/C the second night. We've paid way more for less at other places so no complaints about this one.
There's lots to do right at The Orleans, movies, bowling, entertainment, but if you plan to visit The Strip I would recommend using the free shuttle that is available. We did and found it very convenient. After a short ride it drops you off at Bill's Gambling Hall on The Strip and from there you can walk or catch the bus or monorail to get up and down The Strip or head out for Downtown. Getting around The Strip in your car can be a real pain with all the traffic and pedestrians.
Would definitely consider staying here again

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
El Segundo, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

Being off strip you get better values as everyone knows. Someone recommended this hotel while I was at a conference in Las Vegas. I thought the conference hotel at just under $200 per night was too steep. The property is fine...but the rooms are dated and in need of a "refresher". The staff is really good. I have gotten a package deal and discovered that they breakfast buffet did not start to 8am and I had to be at the conference by 8am. They actually comp'd me breakfast in the cafe on the first morning. Food was fine. The way the staff handled the situation/confusion was very good. I did not gamble so cannot speak to that. There is a movie theater attached so I went to the movies one night - very convenient. The dinner buffet was typical Las Vegas...nuff said about that. Yes, I would stay here again but something tells me that there must be updated rooms.

Room Tip: Ask if there are updated rooms?
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Been to The Orleans Hotel & Casino? Share your experiences!